2017 NHL Playoffs.....Anybody care?

Mark Vader

Congrats to PITT. CBJ did not have goalie at his best, missed best offensive defenseman for 2 games. A lot to be proud of and excited for next year. CHI and CBJ both leaked oil towards the end of the season, carried over into playoffs and are now out.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have got to say that being a fan of a team that makes deep title runs is great. Reminds me of being a bills fan in the 90s. I have been here for the pens runs to the Stanley cup in 08, 09, and 16. And it feels like they have another strong one in them this year.

Yep looks like they have all the pieces in place again! They will be tough to beat for sure!

I have got to say that being a fan of a team that makes deep title runs is great. Reminds me of being a bills fan in the 90s. I have been here for the pens runs to the Stanley cup in 08, 09, and 16. And it feels like they have another strong one in them this year.

They look good despite Letang not being available for the playoffs.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Yep looks like they have all the pieces in place again! They will be tough to beat for sure!

Watching the West games and all 8 West teams would wipe out any East playoff team they face.

Just like the Bills the weak conference is a rosepetal path to the Final.

Dante, your boys went all Hasek era Sabres in the OT...man, seems like every line the Oil throw there is a Top 5 pick on the line.

Still hate Sek-er-a vs Se-ker-a.

Yeah they had that game. Went to semi turtle mode. That never works especially on the road. And it's almost impossible for them not to have a line with a top 5 pick they have had so many over the years.

Watching the West games and all 8 West teams would wipe out any East playoff team they face.

True except for the Penguins. That team is loaded I don't know how they keep all those guys paid.

Yeah they had that game. Went to semi turtle mode. That never works especially on the road. And it's almost impossible for them not to have a line with a top 5 pick they have had so many over the years.

True except for the Penguins. That team is loaded I don't know how they keep all those guys paid.

You got that right. Sharks had that game in their grasp and they chose to play defense in the 3rd period. I don't understand it.

I'll be at Game 6 on Saturday. I just know the Tank will be electric.

I thought the Rangers looked fast last night and LUNDY can turn any series in their favor.

You got that right. Sharks had that game in their grasp and they chose to play defense in the 3rd period. I don't understand it.

I'll be at Game 6 on Saturday. I just know the Tank will be electric.

I was lucky enough to go to three playoff games last season. Build up before the game is super hyper. I wonder who will open up the door coming out of the dressing room? Have fun. :thumbsup:

I was lucky enough to go to three playoff games last season. Build up before the game is super hyper. I wonder who will open up the door coming out of the dressing room? Have fun. :thumbsup:

Thanks. It's been a long time since I've been to a Sharks playoff game, and they are the most fun.

I love the pre-game rituals, and adding the guest celebrity to open the door is a fun moment.

Watching the Sharks enter the rink through the shark jaws as they play Metallica's "Seek and Destroy".

Then that great Sharks fans moment right before the singing of the national anthem. When the fans yell out, "HEY EDMONTON.....YOU SUCK!!!"

Statistically, I am not sure that's true. Other than San Jose, I think the top east teams had more wins against the west teams.

Usually true until the Finals. Things even out by then. I love watching the West games in the early rounds.

Anyone see that ridiculous dive by Kadri tonight? The one where Ovechkin barely taps him on the arm and he like flails his whole body, falls to the ice and grabs his leg/ankle (which wasn't even touched)?

That's at least the 2nd (or 3rd) dive like that I've seen from Kadri this playoff series, where he barely gets touched and acts like someone just shot him or something. The guys should have been an actor. He may have missed his calling there... lol.

Anyone see that ridiculous dive by Kadri tonight? The one where Ovechkin barely taps him on the arm and he like flails his whole body, falls to the ice and grabs his leg/ankle (which wasn't even touched)?

That's at least the 2nd (or 3rd) dive like that I've seen from Kadri this playoff series, where he barely gets touched and acts like someone just shot him or something. The guys should have been an actor. He may have missed his calling there... lol.

Lol you should delete this now before you look like a fool! Any idea why it was not Ovi who went to the penalty box?

Lol you should delete this now before you look like a fool! Any idea why it was not Ovi who went to the penalty box?

Was not watching closely last night, but saw this play and thought Kadri took a dive as well...what did happen? BTW, what is the consensus on his hit on OV?

Just saw the clip...yep, not a dive...just a nice healthy slash to someone who deserved it :lol:

https://twitter.com/JeffVeillette/status/855585421564268545

This guy has some great clips from last night..OV got a nice stick in the ribs of Kadri as well

Wow what a game. That rookie has some heart. See y'all

In Boston!

little fill in?

Edited by plenzmd1

Was not watching closely last night, but saw this play and thought Kadri took a dive as well...what did happen? BTW, what is the consensus on his hit on OV?

Just saw the clip...yep, not a dive...just a nice healthy slash to someone who deserved it :lol:

This guy has some great clips from last night..OV got a nice stick in the ribs of Kadri as well

little fill in?

Kadri is that !@#$ everyone hates, but would love to have him on your team. He dished out a lot and he takes a lot.

People who know the game say the hit should not even be a 2 minute penalty under today's rules, but also think those types of hits should be taken out of the game. Ron McLean said the ref was in a bad spot because it was on Ovi and he's rolling around on the ice so he had to call it to calm things down a little. Thing is, that's the type of hit Ovi likes to throw when he's running around like a maniac trying to kill people, so I say it couldn't happen to a nicer d-bag!

little fill in?

Sorry I was well under way by the time the game got over. The Bruins and Sens played into double over time last night. Kuraly a call up for the Bruins started over Spooner and boy was he fun to watch. He ended up with 2 goals and the game winner in OT, he is oldish for a rook, 24 or 25? He looked like a kid out there smiling on the bench and picking Backes brain at every oppurtunity.

Can't wait for the game tomorrow. The kid played like Backes used to, before someone loaded a piano on his back!

Cheers. Good series so far.

little fill in?

Oh wow, I guess he didn't take a dive. It was legit.

The replay I saw didn't show niskanin in it. It was the clip they showed on NBC after the game, where they paused it just as Ovi was tapping Kadri on the arm, and then it showed what looked like Kadri taking a ridiculous dive. I stand corrected though.

Kadri has definitely taken some dives (or at least 1 that I seen) earlier in this series though, and with the type of player he is, I can see why a lot of people immediately assumed it was a dive.

Kadri is that !@#$ everyone hates, but would love to have him on your team. He dished out a lot and he takes a lot.

People who know the game say the hit should not even be a 2 minute penalty under today's rules, but also think those types of hits should be taken out of the game. Ron McLean said the ref was in a bad spot because it was on Ovi and he's rolling around on the ice so he had to call it to calm things down a little. Thing is, that's the type of hit Ovi likes to throw when he's running around like a maniac trying to kill people, so I say it couldn't happen to a nicer d-bag!

Living in Buffalo I watch CBC in SD over NBCSN/NBC/USA. every time. OV has done that to others more times than I can count. Don Cherry was right clean hit. My Leafs fan buddy and I were texting during the game. I told him OV would be out for the 2nd. He was. Sabres fan here but I love how Toronto plays. Gotta get back to DC.