2017 NHL Playoffs.....Anybody care?

Mark Vader

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Just adding a bit of good natured ribbing salted with a bit of truth.

True or False?

Did the Pens not get a free goal by the puck bouncing off of Orlov's skate?

True or False?

Did Bonino get hit int he face or chest? He sold the hit. Am I wrong?

True or False?

You're still upset the Caps beat Toronto.

Mr Bandwagon Fan.

Lol. Stuff happens in every game. True or false?

Not upset at all about the Leafs losing to the Caps. In fact, I never expected a team with 8 rookies in the lineup to even compete with the Pres trophy winners! They held their own.

Dunno who can take the Pens down. I'm rooting for the Sens in the East, but I don't think they can match that juggernaut.

If Pekka Rinne keeps playing like he is they could do it. Also the veteran Ducks could match up pretty well.

Thanks. Just adding a bit of good natured ribbing salted with a bit of truth.

True or False?

Did the Pens not get a free goal by the puck bouncing off of Orlov's skate?

True or False?

Did Bonino get hit int he face or chest? He sold the hit. Am I wrong?

True or False?

You're still upset the Caps beat Toronto.

Mr Bandwagon Fan.

Re the "own goal," that's hockey. Every team has been on both sides of those bounces in hockey.

Re getting outshot, same thing. The Pens have lost lots of games where they have doubled their opponents' shots. Just playing the Rangers with Lundqvist or Bruins when Rusk was on his game-- those guys would steal games or have defenses that caused the shots to be less effective.

Re the Bonino hit, I honestly don't recall the play. Was it the Oshi high stick at the end of the game?

Dunno who can take the Pens down. I'm rooting for the Sens in the East, but I don't think they can match that juggernaut.

If Pekka Rinne keeps playing like he is they could do it. Also the veteran Ducks could match up pretty well.

all 8 west teams would clean the ice with all east teams in the playoffs this year

it's not even the same game if you watch them play

like the NFC getting reading to destroy the AFC tiny-tots for 13 years...

all 8 west teams would clean the ice with all east teams in the playoffs this year

it's not even the same game if you watch them play

like the NFC getting reading to destroy the AFC tiny-tots for 13 years...

I see it more like the Penguins are the Patriots or Broncos of the East. They are loaded.

I haven't seen many west playoff games yet, but this surprised me given that the East had a lopsided advantage during the regular season.

Re the "own goal," that's hockey. Every team has been on both sides of those bounces in hockey.

Re getting outshot, same thing. The Pens have lost lots of games where they have doubled their opponents' shots. Just playing the Rangers with Lundqvist or Bruins when Rusk was on his game-- those guys would steal games or have defenses that caused the shots to be less effective.

Re the Bonino hit, I honestly don't recall the play. Was it the Oshi high stick at the end of the game?

The high stick to the chest not head yes.

Flops happen a lot in every sport. If you can fool the ref it's a win. Take advantage when and where you can. Bill Belichic would be proud.

Like I said. Good acting that aided his team.

I see it more like the Penguins are the Patriots or Broncos of the East. They are loaded.

I just saw this after my post. So apropos.

The high stick to the chest not head yes.

Flops happen a lot in every sport. If you can fool the ref it's a win. Take advantage when and where you can. Bill Belichic would be proud.

Like I said. Good acting that aided his team.

I just saw this after my post. So apropos.

Short term, yes! But you can bet every ref in the league has seen the tape and will likely take "appropriate" action in the future.

Short term, yes! But you can bet every ref in the league has seen the tape and will likely take "appropriate" action in the future.

One could only hope. But an impossible dream.

An example from the NFL.

It usually the retaliator that gets caught because the ref can't see everything.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

One could only hope. But an impossible dream.

An example from the NFL.

It usually the retaliator that gets caught because the ref can't see everything.

Sure, but in the NHL players get a rep and calls come accordingly. Ask Kadri how many times he has not gotten a legit call because of all his diving in his first couple of years. You dive in the NHL in the 2nd period and they will !@#$ you in the 3rd.

Heavy on the ducks tonight. Let's goooo!

Brother , i dont know where you live, but if you up head directly to www.twinspires.com and put every penny on some Derby horses' nose...cause you like a piece a ham right now...ON A ROLL

To be clear, I am rooting for the Oil,but must admit don't mind seeing this..( although I thought was GI as well with the hand in pads)

Edited by plenzmd1

oh my goodness what a comeback, that OBLITERATES the shame of the Leafs letting a FAR SUPERIOR Bruins score 3 in the last 7 minutes.

and even better the Canadian broadcast made a complete conspiracy on the tying goal to rile up Oil fans even more

Brother , i dont know where you live, but if you up head directly to www.twinspires.com and put every penny on some Derby horses' nose...cause you like a piece a ham right now...ON A ROLL

To be clear, I am rooting for the Oil,but must admit don't mind seeing this..( although I thought was GI as well with the hand in pads)

Horses aren't my thing but I'm watching, I'm going with McHorse, why because I'm a buffalo fan! From reading up on it I will also make a play on Thunder Snow. Good luck.

oh my goodness what a comeback, that OBLITERATES the shame of the Leafs letting a FAR SUPERIOR Bruins score 3 in the last 7 minutes.

and even better the Canadian broadcast made a complete conspiracy on the tying goal to rile up Oil fans even more

Ummmm.....no. That Leafs choke job was in game 7. Still, an impressive job by Edmonton. Complaining about the refs is lazy. No matter if it's justified or not

They ought to look in the mirror about goals 1 and 2.

Lucic is a piece of....

Why do Sabres fans hate Lucic? Did I miss something?

He picked on the Sabres for a long while, and in typical Sabre fashion, we had no response, ever. This was just the icing on the cake.

Truly the game and hit that started the Sabres on the way to the tank and to where we are today.

Edited by plenzmd1

And AGAIN!!! The Bruins were a WAY superior team compared to those Leafs. Getting to a game 7 was almost a miracle. Boston went to the final that year.

If the Bruins were a vastly superior team, how did the Leafs push it to 7? Not to mention having a 4-1 lead in the 3rd with half a period to play. Did Boston just suddenly decide to play up to their talent level? No. You don't blow 3 goal leads without choking in a major way. Nice try at revisionist history. I'll give you that.

the refs missed a whole bunch of infractions last night and 2 if those were high sticks to the mouth. One each for the Caps and Pens.

Go Caps go.

the refs missed a whole bunch of infractions last night and 2 if those were high sticks to the mouth. One each for the Caps and Pens.

Go Caps go.

Not saying they won't miss calls. They learn who will try and draw a call and he will stop getting the benefit of the doubt.