2017 NHL Playoffs.....Anybody care?

Mark Vader

CBJ had some good pressure at times, but most of their SOG were from outside - Fluery didnt have to work hard on most of those. Need to steal the next one in Pitt to make this interesting.

Yup. Pretty sad if they go down in flames this early after such a great reg season.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree. Leafs won't win a game. The Caps are a machine and the Leafs are totally outmanned. It'll be a good learning experience for their young rookie core, though.

Until proven otherwise, the Caps are a regular season machine that is ill suited to playoff hockey.

Pens have gotten out of some amazing bad odds in the Crosby era....

Until proven otherwise, the Caps are a regular season machine that is ill suited to playoff hockey.

As a Leafs fan who is very grateful it is clicking this soon, I am mortally afraid it will be 10-0 Caps every game and a 4 straight wipeout of my Leafs.

:D

Edited by row_33

How about that Oilers-Sharks game?

Sharks down 2-0 after the 1st, climb their way back into it. Tie it up in the 3rd to force overtime, then get the game winner.

The players the Sharks needed to step up, did just that.

The Orange Crush fans were rocking all night long, but the Sharks snuck out of there with the win.

Best I've seen them look all year. It's funny Mark the guys we mentioned who needed to step up played great hockey last night. Hertl played like I always imagine possible for him and so did Danskoi. And Burns found another gear. It really could have been a much easier win for the Sharks with a couple breaks. Way out chanced them and hit three posts. Also do you think that Burns has to tweak his game a bit? Opponents are now hustling to block his shots from the point and he is becoming way less effective.

I agree with your larger point. But they feast on other teams also not suited to playoff hockey in the early round, which the Leafs are at this point. They are simply a superior team from top to bottom to the Leafs and I believe that will be borne out in this series.

I agree with your larger point. But they feast on other teams also not suited to playoff hockey in the early round, which the Leafs are at this point. They are simply a superior team from top to bottom to the Leafs and I believe that will be borne out in this series.

It's to early in the Leave's development to expect to much. Next season they are going to be even better. Especially if they pick up a couple playoff tested players.

It's to early in the Leave's development to expect to much. Next season they are going to be even better. Especially if they pick up a couple playoff tested players.

Agree entirely. Great core to build around, an HOF coach, with another HOF coach and HOF player making all the key player personnel decisions. Gotta like their trajectory.

In the meantime, my all time favorite Leafs fan video:

Agree entirely. Great core to build around, an HOF coach, with another HOF coach and HOF player making all the key player personnel decisions. Gotta like their trajectory.

In the meantime, my all time favorite Leafs fan video:

As a Bills/Sharks fan I have been there to many times. Have to feel for them lol.

Edited by Dante

Best I've seen them look all year. It's funny Mark the guys we mentioned who needed to step up played great hockey last night. Hertl played like I always imagine possible for him and so did Danskoi. And Burns found another gear. It really could have been a much easier win for the Sharks with a couple breaks. Way out chanced them and hit three posts. Also do you think that Burns has to tweak his game a bit? Opponents are now hustling to block his shots from the point and he is becoming way less effective.

Agree with you, Dante. Loved the play of Hertl and Donskoi, that's how they looked last year in the playoffs.

The Sharks showed a lot of grit from the 2nd period on, and really stepped up the intensity.

Also loved that the secondary players got all of the goals. Ward, Martin(his first playoff goal as a Shark) & Karlsson.

After the night Talbot was having, I was shocked at how Karlsson got that goal against him.

I do think that Burns needs to make some adjustments in his game. He has a great wrist shot, but opponents are constantly getting in his way. He needs to attack the goal more, or get some more movement.

The Sharks need to be more deliberate on the power play too. There was too much standing around and passing last night and very little movement and set up, last night. They need to stop trying to get the perfect shot and just go for it. They let the Oilers fight back too much on the power play.

This series is going to be intense. The Sharks made a statement last night, so it'll be interesting to see how the Oilers respond.

Oil lost??? They were up 2-0 and whooping it up when I turned it off...

Yes!!!! Celebrate good times, c'mon!!!!

I can't get into games that start at 10pm and might go to 3 am....

That is why I'm so glad I live on the west coast.

Interesting thing about last night's games: 4 of the 5 games played were won by the road team.

Nice job by the Leafs. They took a majority of the game to Washington. Up 2-0 and blowing it does show their youth. That being said, it took a seeing eyed to beat them. Caps know now it's going to be a battle. In a strange way, this could be the best thing to happen to them.

Chicago better wake up. Nashville is for real. Preds played so well defending the transition. Well done.

As for Calgary, too much too soon. They cant battle like Anaheim.

Tonight should be fun!

Edited by gomper