2017 NHL Playoffs.....Anybody care?

Mark Vader

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Oilers-Sharks series is not what I believe many expected it to be.

Last 3 games have all been shutouts.

Sharks tie up the series by scoring 7 goals last night!

Let's see what the NHL will do to Oilers C Leon Draisaitl for his intentional low blow with his stick on Sharks C Chris Tierney.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/oilers-leon-draisaitl-ejected-spear-groin-chris-tierney-dirty-blowout-sharks-nhl-playoffs

This Oilers-Sharks series is not what I believe many expected it to be.

Last 3 games have all been shutouts.

Sharks tie up the series by scoring 7 goals last night!

Let's see what the NHL will do to Oilers C Leon Draisaitl for his intentional low blow with his stick on Sharks C Chris Tierney.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/oilers-leon-draisaitl-ejected-spear-groin-chris-tierney-dirty-blowout-sharks-nhl-playoffs

Oilers lost their cool last night in a big way. I guess the experience factor becoming apparent. What's up with Draisaitl? And even McDavid was getting chippy.

Oilers lost their cool last night in a big way. I guess the experience factor becoming apparent. What's up with Draisaitl? And even McDavid was getting chippy.

That was such a cheap shot by Draisaitl. As the announcers said after the play, the Sharks fans have a new villain in this series.

McDavid has had an amazing year, but I think he expected to have more goals in the playoffs by now. He only has 1. That's probably why he's getting more frustrated.

This has been an even series. While the Sharks were shutout in Games 2 & 3, they weren't blown out. This could go all 7 games.

That was such a cheap shot by Draisaitl. As the announcers said after the play, the Sharks fans have a new villain in this series.

McDavid has had an amazing year, but I think he expected to have more goals in the playoffs by now. He only has 1. That's probably why he's getting more frustrated.

This has been an even series. While the Sharks were shutout in Games 2 & 3, they weren't blown out. This could go all 7 games.

7-0 is traumatic. I'm hoping the Oilers don't recover from this. :thumbsup:

A meaningless game for the Oil up 2-1 and then heading home, if the Sharks were going to quit then the Oil would have pressed harder.

Teams flake off most of the time with the lead, getting kind of tiring to watch this in all sports.

Edited by row_33

Caps even up the series 2-2. Leafs fell behind 4-1 and almost pulled it off. 5-4 Caps. Good series!

One could argue that the refs stole 2 goals from the Caps that could have ended 6-3. It helps when the refs get in the way of the puck and change its direction and get 50% of Goalie interference calls wrong.

Caps started fast and hard and kept playing hard all 60. Both teams seemed to slow down in the 3rd. Does speed kill?

After cursing Bobby Ryan all year, he's really showing up when it matters. Helps having the best defenseman in the game setting him up perfectly, but still. Back to Ottawa for game 5. Go Sens Go!

After cursing Bobby Ryan all year, he's really showing up when it matters. Helps having the best defenseman in the game setting him up perfectly, but still. Back to Ottawa for game 5. Go Sens Go!

3 goals in the last 3 games. he really is showing up big.

3 goals in the last 3 games. he really is showing up big.

Exactly. He even made up for his gaffe last game with the OT goal. It's a good thing he's stepped it up because Stone hasn't been himself at all.

One could argue that the refs stole 2 goals from the Caps that could have ended 6-3. It helps when the refs get in the way of the puck and change its direction and get 50% of Goalie interference calls wrong.

Caps started fast and hard and kept playing hard all 60. Both teams seemed to slow down in the 3rd. Does speed kill?

Was watching the Wizards game more than this last night....but saw the disallowed goal, and i was watching on the DC feed..Laugher was in shock the goal was not allowed, as was I.

Ha ha, yeah ok. Your hate for the Leafs clearly messes with your vision. Refs have been screwing both teams all series. Unbelievable to see the different officiating in the different series. Players have no idea what's a penalty from game to game.

Did you watch the 3rd period? Leafs outshot the caps 19-3.

Was watching the Wizards game more than this last night....but saw the disallowed goal, and i was watching on the DC feed..Laugher was in shock the goal was not allowed, as was I.

Really? I have seen plenty of goals called back this season with way less contact on the goalie. Edited by thebug

Ha ha, yeah ok. Your hate for the Leafs clearly messes with your vision. Refs have been screwing both teams all series. Unbelievable to see the different officiating in the different series. Players have no idea what's a penalty from game to game.

Really? I have seen plenty of goals called back this season with way less contact on the goalie.

Ha ha, yeah ok. Your hate LOVE for the Leafs clearly messes with your vision. :nana:

I did not think any contact, and if there was contact was caused by leafs D-man checking.

Ha ha, yeah ok. Your hate LOVE for the Leafs clearly messes with your vision. :nana:

I did not think any contact, and if there was contact was caused by leafs D-man checking.

So your not sure if there was contact or not, but "if" there was, it was caused by the D man.

So you really didn't see it then.

https://www.nhl.com/news/coachs-challenge-situation-room-washington-capitals-toronto-maple-leafs/c-288945540?tid=277729160

Pause it at the 9 second mark. Then see who initiates contact. He then backs out and moves back in with the old "my arms are in the air" I'm not doing anything trick!

Check this one out. http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/rielly-goal-counted-kadri-interfere/ Not only was the goal called back, but Kadri was assessed a 2 minute penalty.

Edited by thebug

Really? I have seen plenty of goals called back this season with way less contact on the goalie.

Hate for the Leafs? How wrong you are. I watch Hockey occasionally, I live in the DC region so I've been watching the Caps play lately. Why hockey? Because I hate basketball, baseball is too boring and I need a sports fix, ergo hockey wins out.

Yes the Leafs outshot the caps 19-3 during the 3rd period.

They did so as they had a man advantage and an open net for 3 plus minutes down 2 points.

What about the 2nd period with nearly a full 2 minute 5 on 3 to start out, 8 to 10 shots in their power play and zero points for it.

I wonder if you were saying the Caps suck for not scoring on their 5 on 3 in the previous game. I know I was.

Shots in period 1 - 15 to 6 in favor of the Caps, 9 to 9 in the 2nd period and 3 to 19 as you mentioned. 3 shots in the 3rd and the Caps still scored 1 goal.

Here's a question .... which is better 19 shots and 1 or 2 scores or 3 shots and 3 goals?

If I were a hater I'd say over half of the Leafs goals were pure luck.

He's being pushed in to the goalie as he's trying to get some distance and the goalie wraps his arm around him holding him there.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

the Leafs have had a surprisingly great second half run, about 2 years before it could be expected, so us fans should take it easy from getting in people's faces over the recent barely applaudable accomplishments.

the first 5 minutes of last night was what i was expecting the whole series, the Caps turning it up a notch and overwhelming the Leafs with easy goals, but glad it hasn't gone that way.

So your not sure if there was contact or not, but "if" there was, it was caused by the D man.

So you really didn't see it then.

https://www.nhl.com/news/coachs-challenge-situation-room-washington-capitals-toronto-maple-leafs/c-288945540?tid=277729160

Pause it at the 9 second mark. Then see who initiates contact. He then backs out and moves back in with the old "my arms are in the air" I'm not doing anything trick!

Check this one out. http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/rielly-goal-counted-kadri-interfere/ Not only was the goal called back, but Kadri was assessed a 2 minute penalty.

Even the Candian announcer says"Anderson holds him there" ..great move by him!

What i did not see in previous views was look like he poked Aderson across the top of his dome with a stick too.

Even the Candian announcer says"Anderson holds him there" ..great move by him!

What i did not see in previous views was look like he poked Aderson across the top of his dome with a stick too.

I believe the announcers also mentioned that. It was a Leafs player stick that hit Anderson.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

That Canadian announcer is a Canucks fan.

At best he dislikes the Leafs, he clearly is biased against them...

I gave up watching replays years ago for all sports, they will make up whatever call they want, no point getting upset seeing they are completely overturning for no reason that is apparent a lot of the time.

Replay by officials? Fast forward until we are ready for the next pitch/inbounding/snap/face off...

That Canadian announcer is a Canucks fan.

At best he dislikes the Leafs, he clearly is biased against them...

I gave up watching replays years ago for all sports, they will make up whatever call they want, no point getting upset seeing they are completely overturning for no reason that is apparent a lot of the time.

Replay by officials? Fast forward until we are ready for the next pitch/inbounding/snap/face off...

I am with ya brother...no replays in all sports and i am golden!

I am with ya brother...no replays in all sports and i am golden!

It's a con game to draw fans in more than necessary. So now you...

1) make a determination if the call should stand (100% of the time for fans of a team.)

2) but you've added enough evidence to overturn the call, which fans like to be Supreme Court on as well.

They do whatever the freak they want at the replay center and make calls that are right and calls that are horrible with equal impunity.

The sad thing is having to go to replay when the original call was so horrible that the refs or umps had to have been asleep to botch it in the first place.

So it has it's purpose but I don't care to get into the waste of emotions on it for close plays.

Hate for the Leafs? How wrong you are. I watch Hockey occasionally, I live in the DC region so I've been watching the Caps play lately. Why hockey? Because I hate basketball, baseball is too boring and I need a sports fix, ergo hockey wins out.

Yes the Leafs outshot the caps 19-3 during the 3rd period.

They did so as they had a man advantage and an open net for 3 plus minutes down 2 points.

What about the 2nd period with nearly a full 2 minute 5 on 3 to start out, 8 to 10 shots in their power play and zero points for it.

I wonder if you were saying the Caps suck for not scoring on their 5 on 3 in the previous game. I know I was.

Shots in period 1 - 15 to 6 in favor of the Caps, 9 to 9 in the 2nd period and 3 to 19 as you mentioned. 3 shots in the 3rd and the Caps still scored 1 goal.

Here's a question .... which is better 19 shots and 1 or 2 scores or 3 shots and 3 goals?

If I were a hater I'd say over half of the Leafs goals were pure luck.

He's being pushed in to the goalie as he's trying to get some distance and the goalie wraps his arm around him holding him there.

Oh, so not a hater, just band-wagoner! Nice!

No.

Ducks & Blues can tonight.

Damn Ducks are going to be well rested when we play them. I really do enjoy watching Getzlaf and Perry operate. I really wish we had one of them. :D

1) make a determination if the call should stand (100% of the time for fans of a team.)

2) but you've added enough evidence to overturn the call, which fans like to be Supreme Court on as well.

They do whatever the freak they want at the replay center and make calls that are right and calls that are horrible with equal impunity.

The sad thing is having to go to replay when the original call was so horrible that the refs or umps had to have been asleep to botch it in the first place.

So it has it's purpose but I don't care to get into the waste of emotions on it for close plays.

The one that pisses me off the most is the challenge for off sides when a goal is scored. Take 7 minutes to figure out if the tip of the skate is still touching the line. That was not the intent of that rule change and it's getting stupid. It was to prevent a goal being scored (like a couple of years ago) when a guy was way in the zone already. They will have to tweak that one for sure.

Replay has turned out to be a "Careful what you wish for" thing for me. I used to be all about it. Now? Not so much. It's absolutely mind numbing in the NFL. A replay that they show on TV is clearly definitive and I don't know how many times I've yelled" WTF are they taking so long for? Anyone can make the call in 10 seconds". Replay has made a painfully slow and disjointed viewing experience even more so. Is there anyone on the planet that can sit down and watch one game all the way through without changing the channel 100 times? Also even as well intentioned replay is it almost seems that lawyers have got involved in the deal. Catches used to be clear cut, black and white. Now a player has to be making a "football move"? A lawyer had to come up with that.

The one that pisses me off the most is the challenge for off sides when a goal is scored. Take 7 minutes to figure out if the tip of the skate is still touching the line. That was not the intent of that rule change and it's getting stupid. It was to prevent a goal being scored (like a couple of years ago) when a guy was way in the zone already. They will have to tweak that one for sure.

Are the linesmen that useless on getting offsides right???

Again I just fast forward through the garbage and see, oh it's a goal or not a goal, and watch when the puck drops again.

Replay has turned out to be a "Careful what you wish for" thing for me. I used to be all about it. Now? Not so much. It's absolutely mind numbing in the NFL. A replay that they show on TV is clearly definitive and I don't know how many times I've yelled" WTF are they taking so long for? Anyone can make the call in 10 seconds". Replay has made a painfully slow and disjointed viewing experience even more so. Is there anyone on the planet that can sit down and watch one game all the way through without changing the channel 100 times? Also even as well intentioned replay is it almost seems that lawyers have got involved in the deal. Catches used to be clear cut, black and white. Now a player has to be making a "football move"? A lawyer had to come up with that.

They give percentages of overturning like it's a coaches skill. You don't ask for overturn on obvious calls, you sometimes ask out of desperation knowing it won't reverse, then they botch it anyways on the replay.

fast forward through it.... unless you want a good laugh at how bad it is...

Oh, so not a hater, just band-wagoner! Nice!

Yes, I am a Band wagoner ..... if you count rooting for the local team at seasons end for the last 4 years as a Band wagoner.

I've been out of NY for 20 years. As a casual fan I have no interest in Buffalo Hockey.

Football, now that is the sport I had followed for a long time there and will for a long time after.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

A few bad luck goals though against bob. That behind the back one by Wilson was dumb luck. But Crosby going top shelf was really sweet.

Pens are built to win this whole thing this year; and even without their best defenseman (Letang) and top goalie.

Sid changes everything, JR. Jackets do not have that player. Hopefully Eichel will be that player for the Sabres.

7-0 is traumatic. I'm hoping the Oilers don't recover from this. :thumbsup:

Dante, your boys went all Hasek era Sabres in the OT...man, seems like every line the Oil throw there is a Top 5 pick on the line.

Still hate Sek-er-a vs Se-ker-a.