2017 NHL Playoffs.....Anybody care?

Mark Vader

Disagree. Leafs won't win a game. The Caps are a machine and the Leafs are totally outmanned. It'll be a good learning experience for their young rookie core, though.

Just a shot. I only think that because the Cap's are notorious underachievers in the playoffs. Generally young teams like the Leafs/Oilers have to get their feet wet in the post season before they have any real success there. I suspect they will lose to the Caps 4 games to 1 or something. Believe me, I'm not putting any money on Toronto.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree. Leafs won't win a game. The Caps are a machine and the Leafs are totally outmanned. It'll be a good learning experience for their young rookie core, though.

I'm not scared by the Caps padding up needless wins in the regular season.

not putting any $$$ on the Leafs either

hope they can play well and maybe steal 2 games off the Caps

you are prepared for the storm of Bandwagoning Around the World if the Leafs take a lead in the series, right?

I'm not sure I'll go with a sweep, but yes, the Craps will wind up showing just how different the two divisions in the East are. The one I'm most curious about is Habs-Rags. Points-wise, it's an even matchup, but will we see the Metropolitan division separate itself from the pack in this matchup too?

I'm not scared by the Caps padding up needless wins in the regular season.

not putting any $$$ on the Leafs either

hope they can play well and maybe steal 2 games off the Caps

you are prepared for the storm of Bandwagoning Around the World if the Leafs take a lead in the series, right?

There will be nothing worse than a Leaf fan if they advance anywhere in the playoffs :sick: . Where I grew up it was lousy with them I know the behavior :thumbsup:

Welp, lets go CBJ. Even though they've yet to win a playoff series in their 17 year existence :lol: oh and lost 6 of their final 7 reg season games,

I am not feeling good about their chances based on their play down the stretch. But I am rooting for them. CBJ or Ottawa in the east. Anybody but Chicago in the West makes me happy too.

And if you aren't watching because the Sabres are out, you are missing out. Playoff hockey is the best.

Edited by Big C

I am not feeling good about their chances based on their play down the stretch. But I am rooting for them. CBJ or Ottawa in the east. Anybody but Chicago in the West makes me happy too.

And if you aren't watching because the Sabres are out, you are missing out. Playoff hockey is the best.

i agree playoff hockey is exciting

Whispers [except Blue Jackets playoff hockey]

Edited by YoloinOhio

Hockey is such a regional sport meaning once your team is done the casual fan could care less. The weather is getting nice, there are other things to do & they go head to head with the NBA playoffs which there is noway the NHL is winning that battle. With that being said I will flick on the playoffs on a Saturday if I put some money on the games, but other than that I could careless. It is really unfortunate that Buffalo sports takes the fun out of such things as the playoffs by having 2 pathetically runned franchises. My one question about the Sabres is(& I am a casual hockey fan at best) is I hear our coach is on the firing block, when is it Murray's turn to get called out & be held accountable or does he get a free pass like Whaley does every year?

Now now... BFlo market pulls pretty high ratings even when their team isn't in it... One of the best in country!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Blues/Wild was the game of the night. Allen was tremendous.

How about that Oilers-Sharks game?

Sharks down 2-0 after the 1st, climb their way back into it. Tie it up in the 3rd to force overtime, then get the game winner.

The players the Sharks needed to step up, did just that.

The Orange Crush fans were rocking all night long, but the Sharks snuck out of there with the win.

How about that Oilers-Sharks game?

Sharks down 2-0 after the 1st, climb their way back into it. Tie it up in the 3rd to force overtime, then get the game winner.

The players the Sharks needed to step up, did just that.

The Orange Crush fans were rocking all night long, but the Sharks snuck out of there with the win.

I watched a lot of the SJ game since the start time was staggered from the Blues game. Edmonton really showed their youth and inexperience. Way to many turnovers and panicked passing.

Pens fan here. Pretty excited about our title defense but hate the matchup with Columbus. Tough win tonight; I suspect every game will be a tough one in this series.

NHL playoffs are great. Seems like every game is a hard fought one.

i don't think you have much to worry about!

19 shifts for Brandon Saad. Nice, Torts. Only 2 in the 3rd.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Welp, lets go CBJ. Even though they've yet to win a playoff series in their 17 year existence :lol: oh and lost 6 of their final 7 reg season games,

CBJ had some good pressure at times, but most of their SOG were from outside - Fluery didnt have to work hard on most of those. Need to steal the next one in Pitt to make this interesting.