2017 NHL Playoffs.....Anybody care?

Mark Vader

I'm a huge hockey fan but I don't "like" any teams besides the Sabres so it's difficult for me to devote my spare time to watching 7-game series between teams I don't care about.

I will start watching a bit once they get to the conference finals, and I typically try to watch most of the SC finals.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not a big hockey guy, but i'm in it for the sens. my brother in law plays for them, and after a large injury layoff, he's finally back. it's nice to be excited to watch some hockey when this is otherwise a dead time of the year for sports for me.

Very excited Mac is back. He's a good player and should do well paired with Turris and Ryan tonight. It was looking like his career was going to be over so I'm shocked he's back this season. I do worry every time I see someone closing on him near the boards though.

go_sens_go_dt1-1024x768.jpg

Very excited Mac is back. He's a good player and should do well paired with Turris and Ryan tonight. It was looking like his career was going to be over so I'm shocked he's back this season. I do worry every time I see someone closing on him near the boards though.

go_sens_go_dt1-1024x768.jpg

the decision to put him back in the line up was a pretty big shock to everyone on our end. one minute the gm and team physicians were very against it, and suddenly we get the call that he's playing. it's a bit gut wrenching watching him play now, but he loves his team and was dying to get back on the ice. i haven't looked yet, but is karlsson back? i think he had an issue with his foot.

I think the Sharks have looked good, not great.

Although they picked the worst time of the year to play their worst hockey.

Getting Logan Couture back will help.

Other players like Tomas Hertl, Joonas Donskoi, Jannik Hanssen, Mikkel Bodker, & Joel Ward have got to step up.

A month and a half ago it seemed like they really began to pick up their intensity. I figured ok a veteran team getting into playoff mode. Really surprised to see them mail it in after that. I couldn't agree more on Hertl and Danskoi. I feel I should give Danskoi the benefit of the doubt since he has had some nagging injuries. They really need him for the 2nd pp unit. Hertly is a bit of a enigma to me. He has the size and skill to be much more effective than he is. He shows flashes of it that kind of renews your hopes but he just can't be counted on day to day.. Hanssen is a bit to new for me to tell and I feel Bodker has been decent.

I go back and forth on this series with the Oilers. No doubt Edmonton will be the better team next season but I hope the Sharks playoff experience will be the difference now. We'll see. It will be fun to watch McDavid.

Edited by Dante

the decision to put him back in the line up was a pretty big shock to everyone on our end. one minute the gm and team physicians were very against it, and suddenly we get the call that he's playing. it's a bit gut wrenching watching him play now, but he loves his team and was dying to get back on the ice. i haven't looked yet, but is karlsson back? i think he had an issue with his foot.

Karlsson has been cleared to play. I believe Ceci and Smith have too. Not sure if Methot will be lining up next to EK tonight though.

It's the playoffs, we are free from trying to pretend we cared about the NHL in the regular season.

But respect for fans in the eastern time zone who fully follow a team 3 hours behind us, that's a big commitment.

When the leafs were out golfing I cheered for the Sabres.

So all my Buffalo fan friends on this board are welcome to join the Leafs bandwagon.

The Leafs have a shot against the Cap's. They like to check out for the playoffs.

The Leafs have a shot against the Cap's. They like to check out for the playoffs.

Was hoping to face the Sens, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

No fear against the Masters of the Universe of the Regular Season, that's meaningless as soon as the puck drops starting tonight.

But still hoping for a good show and maybe take a few off the Caps, goalie could be an issue as he is getting hurt slightly a lot recently, without him forget it.

Just put the hammer to the Oil, too many fans in my life crowing and predicting a Stanley Cup parade already for goodness sakes..

Was hoping to face the Sens, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

No fear against the Masters of the Universe of the Regular Season, that's meaningless as soon as the puck drops starting tonight.

But still hoping for a good show and maybe take a few off the Caps, goalie could be an issue as he is getting hurt slightly a lot recently, without him forget it.

Just put the hammer to the Oil, too many fans in my life crowing and predicting a Stanley Cup parade already for goodness sakes..

Take on the big dog right off the bat. Knock them off and anything is possible. I can't believe the Oilers are ready yet. They are a nice team though.

Take on the big dog right off the bat. Knock them off and anything is possible. I can't believe the Oilers are ready yet. They are a nice team though.

Playoffs are a burden and grind that have to be experienced to be believed.

Red Wings out for the first time since 1990, Babcock knew when to desert at just the right time.

A month and a half ago it seemed like they really began to pick up their intensity. I figured ok a veteran team getting into playoff mode. Really surprised to see them mail it in after that. I couldn't agree more on Hertl and Danskoi. I feel I should give Danskoi the benefit of the doubt since he has had some nagging injuries. They really need him for the 2nd pp unit. Hertly is a bit of a enigma to me. He has the size and skill to be much more effective than he is. He shows flashes of it that kind of renews your hopes but he just can't be counted on day to day.. Hanssen is a bit to new for me to tell and I feel Bodker has been decent.

I go back and forth on this series with the Oilers. No doubt Edmonton will be the better team next season but I hope the Sharks playoff experience will be the difference now. We'll see. It will be fun to watch McDavid.

True, Donskoi's injury problems caused him to miss a lot of games this year. He was so good last year and I am hoping he can return to that playing level.

Hertl is definitely an enigma. I am still waiting for him to take that big step.

I think it will be a competitive series with the Oilers. I feel they are both evenly matched.

The Oilers are a nice team.

Todd McLellan has done a fantastic job in turning them around so quickly.

Pray the Sabres tank like the Leafs did.

I'm a Sabres fan but I love watching this Leaf team play. They're fun. Playing with house money. All you need is a split and if Andersson stands on his head, doubt may creep in for the Caps.

I know hockey has its detractors but the playoffs are amazing.

I'm a Sabres fan but I love watching this Leaf team play. They're fun. Playing with house money. All you need is a split and if Andersson stands on his head, doubt may creep in for the Caps.

I know hockey has its detractors but the playoffs are amazing.

Comments from other fans about the Leafs are that they are watchable and entertaining.

As a fan I'm starting to see the formation of the ideal I want on power plays and killing penalties, getting the puck out of their end and decent rushes instead of dump-and-chase.

The brains are in place and young talent is present, wasn't expecting the playoffs for another year or so.

Now for some experience in the games that count.

Disagree. Leafs won't win a game. The Caps are a machine and the Leafs are totally outmanned. It'll be a good learning experience for their young rookie core, though.