2017 NHL Playoffs.....Anybody care?

Mark Vader

Wouldn't that be something! Tell you what! If that happens, I will buy both tickets, you spend the $180 on beers!!! Only downfall is you have to go to the game with me!!! Lol

I'm in... THE 8th pick is taking us to the promised land1

Pens are looking kinda inevitable

Sens got something going on as well...they both fall to the mighty, mighty, OIL

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone hear the Oiler fans sing the American National Anthem?

Pretty cool.....

Didn't hear the anthem, but this second period is fantastic.

McDavid has the Oilers flying.

Edited by snafu

Pens look like a much different team without Crosby

You couldn't tell in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd period.

Another strong outing by the Caps followed by more WTF moments. They pulled it off in OT, so I'm not grumpy this AM.

The hit to Crosby IMO was hard but not intentional.

I'm glad the Caps called for the review because the Ref clearly didn't take a lot of time to say GOAL, nor did he spend a lot of time to overturn his previous "judgement" of Goaltender interference.

The Caps may have quit late in game 2, but they are not going down w/o a fight and there were a bunch of them last night.

I noticed Niskanen has had at least 3 or 4 questionable hits on Crosby through the first two games. Not surprised something like this happened. Doubt he tried to injure him but their plan from the beginning of the series was to try to rough him up and so an injury was bound to happen.

A little frustrating because my money is on Crosby being out for at least the rest of this series.

I noticed Niskanen has had at least 3 or 4 questionable hits on Crosby through the first two games. Not surprised something like this happened. Doubt he tried to injure him but their plan from the beginning of the series was to try to rough him up and so an injury was bound to happen.

A little frustrating because my money is on Crosby being out for at least the rest of this series.

A yahoo article I read earlier said the entire playoffs are looking doubtful. I can't find the article now or I'd post.

Please don't pretend that the Pens are saints. They hit just as hard if not harder than any team out there.

Is the story true that Crosby almost chopped off someones fingers ??

Well I guess it is.

Sidney Crosby nearly chopped an opponent's finger off with ...

want more ?

Penguins' Sidney Crosby hits Sabres' Ryan O'Reilly where it really hurts Edited by ShadyBillsFan

It's tough to judge intent on something like this, but here is a pretty good article: bottom line, is that you're going to view the hit on Crosby in a biased way no matter what, which is true:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/05/02/matt-niskanens-hit-on-sidney-crosby-is-the-ultimate-rorschach-cross-check/?utm_term=.79030c4a93fd

That's because you're biased!

that's funny.

I'm biased? I'm pretty sure that the majority of NHL media and fans agrees that it wasn't intentional.

I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of NHL media and fans don't believe the players only meeting was done to "set up a hit" on Crosby.

Patric Hornqvist missed a check on the Capitals' Lars Eller and hit Sheary and he got a concussion.

Did the Caps also plan that too?

Now wait for a Pen to come charging at you when you are next to another then dodge out of the way so they collide with each other. Got it? Great!!

If anyone truly thought that was the plan, then why do we see this:

An NHL source told ESPN on Tuesday that Niskanen will not have a hearing with the league regarding further discipline.

SBNation

As slow motion can be a bit deceiving, here’s an alternate angle in real time.

Alternate angle on Matt Niskanen's cross-checking game misconduct against Sidney Crosby. Looks a little bit more reflexive from here. pic.twitter.com/JRRj2WeWkF

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

SHHH!! It's a conspiracy.

FWIW. People are. Those who speak of it say it should have been a penalty but the Ref's missed it. Just as they missed other penalties in the game.

That is more than a penalty. That was viscous!

that's funny.

I'm biased? I'm pretty sure that the majority of NHL media and fans agrees that it wasn't intentional.

I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of NHL media and fans don't believe the players only meeting was done to "set up a hit" on Crosby.

Patric Hornqvist missed a check on the Capitals' Lars Eller and hit Sheary and he got a concussion.

Did the Caps also plan that too?

Now wait for a Pen to come charging at you when you are next to another then dodge out of the way so they collide with each other. Got it? Great!!

If anyone truly thought that was the plan, then why do we see this:

An NHL source told ESPN on Tuesday that Niskanen will not have a hearing with the league regarding further discipline.

SBNation

As slow motion can be a bit deceiving, here’s an alternate angle in real time.

Alternate angle on Matt Niskanen's cross-checking game misconduct against Sidney Crosby. Looks a little bit more reflexive from here. pic.twitter.com/JRRj2WeWkF

Looks reflexive to me assuming it is the second guy that injured him, not the guy in the crease. They angle on the guy in the crease is tough to see.

I don't like seeing anyone get hurt and I don't think karma always works, but when a superstar who can get away with a lot goes around hitting people in the balls and gets away with it, sympathy is not the first word that pops into my head.

Looks reflexive to me assuming it is the second guy that injured him, not the guy in the crease. They angle on the guy in the crease is tough to see.

I don't like seeing anyone get hurt and I don't think karma always works, but when a superstar who can get away with a lot goes around hitting people in the balls and gets away with it, sympathy is not the first word that pops into my head.

Agreed. Its why I posted just that the other day.

I don't condone hits to the head, but hard hits and fights are why people watch Hockey. (Its akin to watching NASCAR to see a crash).

That is more than a penalty. That was viscous!

Ovi's high stick was bad, was it brutal? I don't think so. I'll have to go back and look.

How was the hit on Oshi when he got hammered and had to skate off of the ice?

These things happen. For the Pens to whine and cry about it is hypocritical.

I don't condone hits to the head, but hard hits and fights are why people watch Hockey. (Its akin to watching NASCAR to see a crash).

I don't know about that but I do know that if you're going to go around hitting people in the balls like you're a 9 year old, then you or your fans should never whine if you get hurt, regardless of the circumstances.

If someone from an opposing team waited in the parking lot and ran Patrice Bergeron over with their car, that guy should be punished but I wouldn't care.

BTW. Nice chick name Patrice.

I don't know about that but I do know that if you're going to go around hitting people in the balls like you're a 9 year old, then you or your fans should never whine if you get hurt, regardless of the circumstances.

If someone from an opposing team waited in the parking lot and ran Patrice Bergeron over with their car, that guy should be punished but I wouldn't care.

BTW. Nice chick name Patrice.

LMAO

thats funny

I hate both Pittsburgh and Washington. That said, I have no issue with the hit on Crosby. It was a hockey play where essentially everything that could have gone wrong did. I'm far more concerned about the sheer number of checks from behind near the boards that the Penguins have thrown. Those are incredibly dangerous and someday someone is going to end up paralyzed or dead because the NHL refuses to deal with the issue consistently, especially in the postseason.

I hate both Pittsburgh and Washington. That said, I have no issue with the hit on Crosby. It was a hockey play where essentially everything that could have gone wrong did. I'm far more concerned about the sheer number of checks from behind near the boards that the Penguins have thrown. Those are incredibly dangerous and someday someone is going to end up paralyzed or dead because the NHL refuses to deal with the issue consistently, especially in the postseason.

I'm not a Pen's or a Crosby fan particularly. I'm not a hater by any means either. It's just to bad the best player in the league is out. I'm afraid with his history of concussions he might be gone for the duration. imho only chance the Cap's have to win is a Crosbyless Pittsburgh. That said the Pen's are so loaded I still think they win.

True, and I've seen a lot of cases where the player turns away from the hit and into the boards to try to draw a penalty. So cleaning up the issue might also have the unintended consequence of adding to cases of self-inflicted injury.

Tough grind it out win for the pens. Fleury totally outplaying Holtby, just like he did Bob in the first round.

That's crazy huh? I was surprised when they did not trade him at the deadline, cause that dude has so many playoff failures.

Did not watch the the Oil game last night, but might be happy could not get my bet in few days ago...

Tough grind it out win for the pens. Fleury totally outplaying Holtby, just like he did Bob in the first round.

You should be thanking Orlov for the free goal that helped get the W. What were the shot totals again?

The Pens were outplayed again yet got another W.

The flop by Bonino to put Oshi int he box at the end should earn him an Emmy. Even the pro Pens announcers said the stick only hit his shoulders.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

You should be thanking Orlov for the free goal that helped get the W. What were the shot totals again?

The Pens were outplayed again yet got another W.

The flop by Bonino to put Oshi int he box at the end should earn him an Emmy. Even the pro Pens announcers said the stick only hit his shoulders.

I always look forward to your take/excuses. Go Pens!

Edited by thebug

I always look forward to your take/excuses. Go Pens!

Thanks. Just adding a bit of good natured ribbing salted with a bit of truth.

True or False?

Did the Pens not get a free goal by the puck bouncing off of Orlov's skate?

True or False?

Did Bonino get hit int he face or chest? He sold the hit. Am I wrong?

True or False?

You're still upset the Caps beat Toronto.

Mr Bandwagon Fan.