McCoach took 7 franchise greats out to dinner this week

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whens the part where he guarantees playoffs and then hires his fat worthless brother when nothing goes right? so far this coach is boring

boring and "aw shucks" is good for this 3 year plan.

You have to act professional from day one to set the example. Winning will come latter. Marv took a few years to set the tone. Give the man a chance. We will not be 14-2 the first year or second. Building takes time and we have to be positive. I know that is hard for so many of you but I am and I've been around Bill's fever since 65. That's 1965.

We have more PR guys than football guys. Winning the off-season is about hype. Winning the season is black and white. There are no nuances to W-Ls.

Really? Did you count them? How about giving a list of PR guys and football guys to determine if you are a smart as a 3rd grader.

aren't you !@#$ing deep.

Yes he is deep in crap from cleaning toilets but nice of you to ask,

I am so sick of the kissing up to these "Legends". Can we look into the future and leave the past behind?

Do other NFL teams act like this with their retired players?

Its hard to have a better tomorrow, if you don't stop dwelling on yesterday.

Imo

I wholeheartedly agree. Coming in second means nothing to this young crowd.....I still remember when beast mode brushed off Thurman saying to him what Super-bowls have you won ? Marshawn Lynch 1 super-bowl Thurman -0

from what I read, I think he prefers it that way.

I see Scott Norwood every year at annual tailgate; never seems to have any issues with old or new players.

If Gibran "The Hamas Hammer" Hamdan was not included in this dinner, I would be very disappointed in McCoach.

He was invited but had previous engagement at fashion show.

Golden Wheels- why are you on this site. Red Sox fan??? Please. I bet your Billie B's spy. He has one on every other team site. Boy I do not like N.E..

I can vouch for him. Aside from the Red Sox part, anyway.....

@jimkelly1212

Now that the news got out about dinner last night. The gathering was probably one the most joyful nights I've had in years with my former teammates. Coach Sean did a lot of listening. He didn't have much of a choice. The memories kept smiles on all of our faces throughout the evening. It was a blessed night. Now I feel we have a blessed coach. To be a fly on the wall that evening. Priceless .. GO BILLS.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BShI4TwAxZ2/

Pic in link

Edited by YoloinOhio

Partial credit. His truck still has its factory paint job and he hasn't altered any of his tattoos. Wake me up when he commits to this coaching thing.

What players jersey did he wear at the combine?

Edited by Carey Bender

Good for him. There is a day 1 video of Sean and it shows him seeking out Jim Kelly in the crowd to greet him. He said "I was hoping you would be here."

I think Sean gets it. I hope he can pass that along to his teammates.

The is the best feeling i have ever had with a new coach.

You have to act professional from day one to set the example. Winning will come latter. Marv took a few years to set the tone. Give the man a chance. We will not be 14-2 the first year or second. Building takes time and we have to be positive. I know that is hard for so many of you but I am and I've been around Bill's fever since 65. That's 1965.

......negatives abound are sniveling lousy.....Jesus, give the guy some space or maybe fire his azz right after the draft....some of this crap is BBMB PG-13 style........hell even us "leper like BBMB refugees" try to maintain some decorum and reserved outlook (Mizzou says show me)......think 55 years has been fun?............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

This was not a publicity stunt. There were no cameras there to document things.

...written...in an article, with this photo posted beneath it:

17495254_1284402388309108_83953292072064

so someone actually had a camera in their phone and asked for a picture? The horror!

My dad valet parked one of OJs cars back in the day. I can't remember the name of the restaurant but OJ had his own chair. Anyway, dad was drunk and he ran the car against a concrete pole and destroyed the passenger side of the car.

Fortunately for my old man OJ was drunk too. He pulled the car up, OJ got in and never a word was said. True story.

That is awesome! What a story to pass down the ages. Hahaha!

Pretty cool I must say. Don't see Bennett much.

His cousin used to work at the CVS in my town, I was in my early teens. She used to not charge me for certain things like Reeses Cups and M&Ms because I always wore a Bills starter jacket or hat.

I am so sick of the kissing up to these "Legends". Can we look into the future and leave the past behind?

Imo

Wow, never have I seen such a negative and depressing outlook on what was otherwise a positive and brilliant move on McD's part. Take a deep breath Leroi it's going to be okay. Remind me to not invite you to any parties.

This is not about being classy or PR. Its one more piece of gaining an understanding of what winning teams do. How they behave, how they prepare, how they lead, how they interact. I know the Superbowl teams weren't perfect in all of these areas, but they surely had some sucess.

This guy is a student of the game. Didn't come here thinking he has all the answers.

Now that is the correct response. Take notes Leroi....

Imo

atta boy, leroi

46744.gif

I'm fine with him taking the guys out to dinner. It's nice, period, and great PR.

But I think the coaches and players SHOULD ignore our past. I don't think the team "culture" now has much to do with these all time greats he took out to dinner, nor do I think there is much, if anything, to learn from their "culture". Don't forget your helmet?

We're the 4 time superbowl losers to the fans so far as "culture" and always will be until we aren't....but the players who have been losing the last decade, or recently under Rex, were babies in 1993. They don't know that culture. To them we're just another average to bad team, like a lot of others in the NFL who didn't lose 4 superbowls in a row.

So I say, yes, ignore it. Bury it. Burn it. They'd be better off. JMO.

this makes zero sense.

For all the negative comments, this wasn't publicized, Kelly stated something to the effect this was in the works for over a month, beyond when the new communications guy came in. So they weren't doing it for attention. Don't know how he will work out as a coach, but agree certainly has a good approach.

Kind of funny first time having a coach younger than all those players.

i don't understand the saltiness

This is probably the fifth or sixth coach now that has been absolutely force-fed down my throat. About three coaches ago I stopped giving anyone the benefit of the doubt until they produce.

This doesn't mean I don't like the hire or the coach. I am willing to be optimistic... it's just getting very tiresome seeing the same marketing over and over. They've tried this whole "merge the new with the old" strategy plenty of times now. When Rex couldn't wait to meet with the old players it was met with the exact same praise. Somehow this is different? It's a non-story (I know you know that), but what's sick as that this franchise can't get out of it's own way. There should be exactly zero fluff pieces until they do anything worth praising. It's been nearly 20 years now. That's an absurd amount of time to be pretending last season never happened.

My dad valet parked one of OJs cars back in the day. I can't remember the name of the restaurant but OJ had his own chair. Anyway, dad was drunk and he ran the car against a concrete pole and destroyed the passenger side of the car.

Fortunately for my old man OJ was drunk too. He pulled the car up, OJ got in and never a word was said. True story.

Your dad wasn't in LA back in '94, was he? ;-)

Wow, never have I seen such a negative and depressing outlook on what was otherwise a positive and brilliant move on McD's part. Take a deep breath Leroi it's going to be okay. Remind me to not invite you to any parties. Now that is the correct response. Take notes Leroi....

Damn Backer are you dramatic. Really? You have never seen such?

Can we stop the drama-queen routine?

Imo

This is nice and all, but WINS.

Just sayin...

By your definition there is no point in saying anything at all about the team until the season is over. I guess we can just close up shop here then.

of. Course.

Not saying you are doing this, but I've seen a few posts that feel like they can't let themselves like what's going on now because they don't trust what's to come. I'm comfortable separating the two as far as being able to appreciate some things now that appear promising and understanding that ultimately real success will take place on the field. Doesn't mean I have to block out the good that is currently (imo, obviously) starting to implement in the offseason.

i love this very much

I don't know that it's that kind. I think some people could win the lottery and still complain about paying taxes. There are way too many people around here who refuse to just let something nice be something nice. I'm not saying McDermott will be a good coach. I'm not saying he will produce a winner. All I'm saying is this was, in and of itself, a nice thing and people STILL can't just let it be a nice thing.

Imo

Who pissed in your cereal? There's nothing wrong with establishing relationships with past players who have had success here. Some people just refuse to let non-events be without feeling the need to take a dump on them.

Sear. You know, to get the bills discount.

LOL. It's nice to see them supporting businesses owned by former players.

Imo

If you don't know your history, your future is doomed.

So far McDermott is saying and doing all the right things. That was very classy of him to take the Bills legends out for dinner.

He also took them to another "legend" establishment.

This is probably the fifth or sixth coach now that has been absolutely force-fed down my throat. About three coaches ago I stopped giving anyone the benefit of the doubt until they produce.

This doesn't mean I don't like the hire or the coach. I am willing to be optimistic... it's just getting very tiresome seeing the same marketing over and over. They've tried this whole "merge the new with the old" strategy plenty of times now. When Rex couldn't wait to meet with the old players it was met with the exact same praise. Somehow this is different? It's a non-story (I know you know that), but what's sick as that this franchise can't get out of it's own way. There should be exactly zero fluff pieces until they do anything worth praising. It's been nearly 20 years now. That's an absurd amount of time to be pretending last season never happened.

Troy-Community-Emotions.gif

Imo

until one understands how this all came to be. how could it ever be properly repaired?

There is no f'n way in heck i could find a way to belittle this effort.

I commend it !

Wins or losses, this is a good guy. Great to to see the boys together.

Football is ALL about history and tradition, allegiance and rivalry. and the bonds it has created.

Make the Bills a healthy culture please.

The ship is turning back into the wind. I think it started with Marrone. I dont like him , but must admit he began redirect the losing culture. Then Rex was two steps back. I was wrong too.

This guy has earned my respect already. I will stay positive till otherwise notified

GO BILLS

he seems like the type that wouldn't eat past 7pm

well done.

until one understands how this all came to be. how could it ever be properly repaired?

There is no f'n way in heck i could find a way to belittle this effort.

I commend it !

Wins or losses, this is a good guy. Great to to see the boys together.

Football is ALL about history and tradition, allegiance and rivalry. and the bonds it has created.

Make the Bills a healthy culture please.

The ship is turning back into the wind. I think it started with Marrone. I dont like him , but must admit he began redirect the losing culture. Then Rex was two steps back. I was wrong too.

This guy has earned my respect already. I will stay positive till otherwise notified

GO BILLS

well done.

3oGRFp0AqM0BY4axjO.gif

Good story to raise spirits all around!!

perfectly stated my friend.

and i sure hope you are serious for i look the fool...

another poster whom i respect