McCoach took 7 franchise greats out to dinner this week

3oGRFp0AqM0BY4axjO.gif

Thank you kind Sir !

I read the original article at work ( where i cannot post ) and thought to myself.

Seeing Darryl and and Bennet there was saying something a bit more than the usual pomp.

Not one to get out of center much, but so far so good. and that is enough for me.

Looking forward to the season my friends

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you kind Sir !

I read the original article at work ( where i cannot post ) and thought to myself.

Seeing Darryl and and Bennet there was saying something a bit more than the usual pomp.

Not one to get out of center much, but so far so good. and that is enough for me.

bit-thumbsup.gif

same here.

GO BILLS!!!

pip.png

I can't imagine how you could criticize this move. He is leaving no stone unturned to find some magic. I personally love it. McD knows it is important to show respect to the tradition that was set here all those years ago and connecting to it can help tap into some good energy he can later convey to his team at the moments during the season they need it most.

Let's try and get behind what he is doing and bring back the glory of what it means to truly be a Bills fan. Our emotions as fans is important and can have a positive influence on this season.

Go Bills!

@jayskurski

[bN] Blitz: Part of the family: #Bills coach Sean McDermott took seven franchise greats out to dinner Tuesday.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/05/sean-mcdermott-invited-seven-franchise-greats-dinner-tuesday/

@bytimgraham

As one Bills legend texted to me, McDermott is the first coach to make this gesture.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

love this coach, can't wait til we are winning super bowls !!

Unless the former Bills along with McDermott, figured out during dinner how to turn TT into something other than a mediocre QB, who cares.

their meeting wasn't about winning but respecting and acknowledging the past. It shows what kind of person he is and that goes along with the current players and that will get them to run through a wall for him which ultimately leads to more wins. You are right we need a better QB but when we do we will have a great team in place to succeed.

What? No Paul McQuire? Booker Edgerson? HOFer Billy Shaw? None of our League Champions??

Seriously, very cool. If there's any truth to the stories of alum not being made to feel welcome, I hope this puts an end to it.

I am so sick of the kissing up to these "Legends". Can we look into the future and leave the past behind?

Do other NFL teams act like this with their retired players?

Its hard to have a better tomorrow, if you don't stop dwelling on yesterday.

Imo

Looked more like research than a PR fest or sucking up.

Google "why history is important" to learn why understanding yesterday is absolutely imperative for a better tomorrow.

this makes zero sense.

Nah, it makes sense.

Golden Wheels- why are you on this site. Red Sox fan??? Please. I bet your Billie B's spy. He has one on every other team site. Boy I do not like N.E..

Because it's a football site and I'm a Bills fan.

If I had Billie B spy money I'd wouldn't be sitting here in this cheap suit.

I can vouch for him. Aside from the Red Sox part, anyway.....

holy

moly

What's up man!

He completely ignored the great Felton Huggins! #notmycoach

Seriously though, it's a cool gesture to get himself in touch with the history of the franchise. At the very least, it looks like extra motivation for him to build a great football program for the Bills.

He completely ignored the great Felton Huggins! #notmycoach

Seriously though, it's a cool gesture to get himself in touch with the history of the franchise. At the very least, it looks like extra motivation for him to build a great football program for the Bills.

....Benny Ricardo is really pissed......

@jayskurski

[bN] Blitz: Part of the family: #Bills coach Sean McDermott took seven franchise greats out to dinner Tuesday.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/05/sean-mcdermott-invited-seven-franchise-greats-dinner-tuesday/

@bytimgraham

As one Bills legend texted to me, McDermott is the first coach to make this gesture.

ancient history, people. my kids were in preschool when the Bills were last relevant

Thank you kind Sir !

Yeah, made me happy to see those two there.

As far as this season goes.... to be honest, I think it is kind of a transition year. They could always surprise us, but it feels like they are destined for a 4-6 win season.... Its fine though. McDermott seems focused on long term, sustained success.

I can't imagine how you could criticize this move.

Welcome to TBD where someone, will find fault with something, 100% of the time.

For example, I for one am personally offended he didn't invite Da'Rick Rogers...

Seriously though, classy move - get your wisdom wherever you can.

McD was on WGR yesterday morning and they asked him about the dinner. He said he wanted to learn from them how they came together back then. What worked, what didn't work. What it meant to put on a Bills helmet, what it meant to play in that city.

He also said (not exactly these words but this is what I took from it) that he was picking their brains about the current team.

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/mcdermott-im-always-trying-learn

article and link to audio with interview

McD was on WGR yesterday morning and they asked him about the dinner. He said he wanted to learn from them how they came together back then. What worked, what didn't work. What it meant to put on a Bills helmet, what it meant to play in that city.

He also said (not exactly these words but this is what I took from it) that he was picking their brains about the current team.

First line, blah meaningless.

The rest could be very good stuff though. Gives him a jump start with the current players, particularly if the "legends" know the current players off the field and could give insight as to where the players heads are at.

I think that's the biggest benefit. PR in a round about way. These guys go on local and national shows occasionally and are active on social media, it will serve the team if they support McDermott and the current players.

Edited by Carey Bender

I think that's the biggest benefit. PR in a round about way. These guys go on local and national shows occasionally, it will serve the team if they support McDermott and the current players.

it seemed to me (I could be wrong, it was what I surmised) that he had some opinions about some of the players, issues, etc and was looking for confirmation or insight. Some of those guys are around the team a lot and/or watch all the games. Again it was JMO, but what he said toward the end of the interview sounded like that was what he was interested in. Edited by YoloinOhio

Yeah, made me happy to see those two there.

As far as this season goes.... to be honest, I think it is kind of a transition year. They could always surprise us, but it feels like they are destined for a 4-6 win season.... Its fine though. McDermott seems focused on long term, sustained success.

I think if you just take the moment and Isolate it for a moment, it is just pretty darned cool to see all these guys looking happy !

why the hell or who the hell does this guy McCoach think he is trying to make a difference?.....with 17 years in the book he wants to change it now and stop YEAR 18 from happening?.....I say trying to turn the tide should be IMMEDIATE grounds for termination....this should be Dick Jauron's team pronto.....

why the hell or who the hell does this guy McCoach think he is trying to make a difference?.....with 17 years in the book he wants to change it now and stop YEAR 18 from happening?.....I say trying to turn the tide should be IMMEDIATE grounds for termination....this should be Dick Jauron's team pronto.....

Doesn't he know you need a cool truck with a rapidly retreating buffalo? "Run Away! Run Away!"

I can imagine BN is already hashing out a plan to undermine him.

It is good in this day and age to see a young coach ask veterans for input. Ignoring the past and wisdom of guys like Kelly and the rest is bad mojo especially in an organization as unique as the Bills. History has a way of repeating itself in both positive ways and negative ways.

It is good in this day and age to see a young coach ask veterans for input. Ignoring the past and wisdom of guys like Kelly and the rest is bad mojo especially in an organization as unique as the Bills. History has a way of repeating itself in both positive ways and negative ways.

sometimes, seeing what not to do is a greater education than grasping at opinions how success should be reached.

The interaction is wise from him.

And whether it has Brandon's PR spin on it? I am still quite pleased about Coach for this effort/exercise and plenty of other noted trends post Ryans

:wub:

I can imagine BN is already hashing out a plan to undermine him.

...look, I emphasize with all of the naysayers.....17 years is a long stretch....at the same time, this is YEAR 55 for me, perseverance if you will...I know the 60's glory years well and all of the voids until we reach the 90's of "shoulda coulda woulda".....Ralph anointed DONOHOLE as the first El Presidente in the club's history after the Polian firing (Littmann's doing).....and the downward slide ensued...he got canned when RW knew his inner circle of trust was violated....so we re-tire Marv and promote Brandon into positions with ZERO qualifications for.....the epitome of a patchwork (woeful IMO) FO and administration.....Nix becomes the 1st real football guy in ops but he is 70+. not a knock on age, but a question of his effectiveness....so we then wallow though Jauron, Gailey, Edwards, Wannesteadt, etc and fast forward to the bloviating Wrecks.......I'm just not ready to put McCoach in THAT manure pile........

...look, I emphasize with all of the naysayers.....17 years is a long stretch....at the same time, this is YEAR 55 for me, perseverance if you will...I know the 60's glory years well and all of the voids until we reach the 90's of "shoulda coulda woulda".....Ralph anointed DONOHOLE as the first El Presidente in the club's history after the Polian firing (Littmann's doing).....and the downward slide ensued...he got canned when RW knew his inner circle of trust was violated....so we re-tire Marv and promote Brandon into positions with ZERO qualifications for.....the epitome of a patchwork (woeful IMO) FO and administration.....Nix becomes the 1st real football guy in ops but he is 70+. not a knock on age, but a question of his effectiveness....so we then wallow though Jauron, Gailey, Edwards, Wannesteadt, etc and fast forward to the bloviating Wrecks.......I'm just not ready to put McCoach in THAT manure pile........

Polian's firing was his own doing. He was known for being nasty to women and then he made comments about Ralph's daughter (who had done work for Bills and found some good players) and Ralph fired him. That is not something those who know only the wikipedia highlights history of him seem to remember. Ralph was someone who had a temper sometimes and that was enough for him and he was right in this case.

Polian's firing was his own doing. He was known for being nasty to women and then he made comments about Ralph's daughter (who had done work for Bills and found some good players) and Ralph fired him. That is not something those who know only the wikipedia highlights history of him seem to remember. Ralph was someone who had a temper sometimes and that was enough for him and he was right in this case.

....not here to deny Polian's demeanor.....he was OBD's "80 grit sandpaper" rubbing many the wrong way....at the same time, Littmann was RW's most trusted confidant (1% shareholder gratis from Ralph and CFO in every Wilson endeavor) and carried huge clout.....Littmann vs Polian = Clay vs Liston......done deal..........

Here is is my thing.

Mr Wilson was reluctant to spend money in the Front Office and perhaps such areas as scouting et al. It was a business. Lets no one be fooled by that. No knock on Ralph at all.

Pegula is seemingly a 180Deg turn. In regard to the business side at least.

and learning to hit the Curve balls because he is known to hit the Fastball hard.

McCoach is likely going to need our patience. But he is a fresh breeze for me.

Here is is my thing.

Mr Wilson was reluctant to spend money in the Front Office and perhaps such areas as scouting et al. It was a business. Lets no one be fooled by that. No knock on Ralph at all.

Pegula is seemingly a 180Deg turn. In regard to the business side at least.

and learning to hit the Curve balls because he is known to hit the Fastball hard.

McCoach is likely going to need our patience. But he is a fresh breeze for me.

....your "thing" is a 1000% correct and I fully support it....Pegula is a methodical scientist by trade and they take their time....he realized "over time" that Regier needed to go as the wrong fit.....so he hires Murray and Danny B who are continually being evaluated as far as TP's goal....the Bflo transition was Upheaval 101 with Marrone taking off.....so assessment time was out the window with no recourse but to keep pieces in place....Brandon got kicked upstairs, the Russ induced ticketmaster Wrecks hiring is gone and a gritty McCoach is on the scene.....and no pushover for Whaley to dictate the show..........high tide or low tide, he IS the "Lead Dawg" and I like it so far period........

....your "thing" is a 1000% correct and I fully support it....Pegula is a methodical scientist by trade and they take their time....he realized "over time" that Regier needed to go as the wrong fit.....so he hires Murray and Danny B who are continually being evaluated as far as TP's goal....the Bflo transition was Upheaval 101 with Marrone taking off.....so assessment time was out the window with no recourse but to keep pieces in place....Brandon got kicked upstairs, the Russ induced ticketmaster Wrecks hiring is gone and a gritty McCoach is on the scene.....and no pushover for Whaley to dictate the show..........high tide or low tide, he IS the "Lead Dawg" and I like it so far period........

It seems in each of our own long winded way...

We agree.

:beer:

always a pleasure btw Good Sir

Edited by 3rdand12

I am so sick of the kissing up to these "Legends". Can we look into the future and leave the past behind?

Do other NFL teams act like this with their retired players?

Its hard to have a better tomorrow, if you don't stop dwelling on yesterday.

Imo

Belichick would disagree with you.

I sometimes wonder if some people want the streak to continue endlessly.