Michael Irvin being investigated for sexual assault

Never understood how he got his broadcasting gig...I can think of 10 other players that would make better on-air analysts starting with Leodis McKelvin.

And Leodis would have a snappy catchphrase he would emphatically proclaim after making each point - "Point. Blank. Period!"

Eventually 'Point. Blank. Period!" would become its own show on FS1, in the coveted time slot following UNDISPUTED. His co host would be Dennis Rodman

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These guys have all the money, fame and opportunity and still manage to find themselves at the bar, early in the morning, getting into needless trouble.

Is life that boring, that sad, when there are no obstacles, no mission, no hunger?

but not any intelligence

Why? He's not once admitted to/been convicted for sexual assault. Confusing to me that you don't find this surprising.

UNLESS .... you're like me and you think that every rich entertainer in the U.S. is vulnerable to accusations like this being made and it doesn't surprise you that it's happened yet again.

I'd be surprised if this woman isn't lying. That seems to be the end result, more often than not.

Not surprising because the guy is a scumbag

As do I, the guy is dumb as hell. I think I rather listen to Joe Buck for 3 hours than him.

He follows what a lot of on air personalities do that seem to make them popular. That is, no matter what you are saying, say it with extreme emphasis and be louder than that guy who just got finished talking was.

Edited by mattynh

Not surprising because the guy is a scumbag

He follows what a lot of on air personalities do that seem to make them popular. That is, no matter what you are saying, say it with extreme emphasis and be louder than that guy who just got finished talking was.

So follow the Stephen A. Smith Model? lol

Again ... why?

He's had drug problems, he's not that bright, he's loud and he's obnoxious. How does that make him a potential rapist, or one whom "you could see doing that?"

That's like saying, "I bet Scott Hamilton is gay because he's a figure skater and talks like a queer."

He's been accused of sexual assault two other times. That's why people could see him doing that.

Edited by Patrick Fitzryan

She could easily be lying. Same thing happened with pat kane a few years ago being accused of sexual assault, but it turned it that it was a bunch of b.s

It will be put under the microscope of spin and cross-examination if it gets that far, often a settlement is reached and the story goes away.

Why? He's not once admitted to/been convicted for sexual assault. Confusing to me that you don't find this surprising.

UNLESS .... you're like me and you think that every rich entertainer in the U.S. is vulnerable to accusations like this being made and it doesn't surprise you that it's happened yet again.

I'd be surprised if this woman isn't lying. That seems to be the end result, more often than not.

The woman being a liar tends to always be the case when the accused is rich and/or famous. Accuse a poor guy of any of this and he's sent away without any further questions. It's actually quite simple. Great lawyers can take people a long ways in life. I have no idea if Irvin is guilty or not. Only the good lord knows. With that said, I guarantee he'll be innocent in the eye of the law.

On another note I see your point about the rich and famous bring targets for theses types of accusations. That still doesn't explain the stupidity and in real cases of sexual assault the mental instability of so many pro athletes. Doesn't it just seem like these accusations "target" pro athletes more often than other rich and famous men? Think of all the chaos rock stars used to create in cities across the world. Somehow other celebs aren't accused of rape nearly as often as athletes. The culture in pro sports; and the culture many of these guys grew up in has zero respect for women. I have many thoughts on why this is the case, but my manifesto on that topic would be far to long to bore this board with.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

yeah look who got elected to the most scrutinized public office? The wonders do not cease! This world is changing in a way that is NOT pretty. In this particular situation, before the case can be cleared, all three things are possible 1) Irvin drugged and raped her. 2) the woman is a gold digger 3) she got too drunk blacked out and can't remember the previous night. So I WITHHOLD JUDGEMENT.

I'm not saying he's Darren Sharper, I'm saying it's amazing he has a job after everything that has taken place already.

I'm not saying he's Darren Sharper, I'm saying it's amazing he has a job after everything that has taken place already.

Especially as another poster pointed out this as being the third time he's been accused of such crimes. I rarely rush to judgement against someone who has been accused of a crime. However, when you get accused of the same crime three times there is probably something to it.

Who do you like more? Mike Irvin or Colin Kaepernick?

(Yeah...I went there)

Well, Kaepernick is an ill informed, but, well meaning guy.

Irvin was a scumbag who has since preached (literally) about how he has changed his ways.

So, if guilty Irvin is 1,000,000X's the scumbag as most other human beings Kaepernick included.

Sounds to me like she got drunk, they possibly had sex, she woke up and couldn't remember anything because she was blackout drunk and is now trying to cash in....just my opinion.

I find it interesting how some people read a story and come to a completely different conclusion (albeit a conclusion without all facts) than me. The minute I read this story I thought "Here's a guy who feels he is above the law and took advantage of a young woman and thinks he'll get away with it". But that's just me.

Time will tell. Not sure what to think when these reports come out. I am not sticking my foot in my mouth here until we know what the truth is.

Now, I will say this...I do not like Irvin at all. Arrogant and uninformed as a commentator IMO. Too loud and brash, always acting like an unintelligent bully trying to boast himself as the best thing since sliced bread. I was never buying that. A good receiver in his day yes, but that is where the talent ended in my book!

I find it interesting how some people read a story and come to a completely different conclusion (albeit a conclusion without all facts) than me. The minute I read this story I thought "Here's a guy who feels he is above the law and took advantage of a young woman and thinks he'll get away with it". But that's just me.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it went either way, but from what I gathered she went back to the hotel with him willingly. Generally you don't go to a hotel room with someone of the opposite sex after a night at the bar just to hang out. She had to be cognizant of the fact that he was looking for some action. Now there were many times I woke up after a bender and had trouble remembering portions of the previous night, but I've always attributed it to the booze, not necessarily being drugged.

Lets break this down.

1. You hope Irvin raped that girl, "but not for her sake"??? - Not for her sake? Glad you cleared that up. For whose sake then do you wish that a girl got raped? Oh, your own.

2. "never wish that on someone" - except for the time that you just did wish someone was raped so that your TV viewing experience can be incrementally better.

3. A celebrity accused of rape will definitely just disappear from the public eye. No way there will be a circus surrounding this and 24/7coverage of Irvin.

4. How many rapes do you wish to get The View cancelled?

Never forget.

Jauronimo is like the Tosh.0 of this board.

Thanks for always bring the wood. :lol:

Maybe we could get an all star pregame show straight from the jail cells.. We got Sharper, OJ, Rice, Sapp, throw in some Ryan Leaf... and maybew Irvin! Ratings gold!

You forgot the Green Mile Rae Caruth. I bet he would be good from the cell.

Edited by Gordio

Never understood how he got his broadcasting gig...I can think of 10 other players that would make better on-air analysts starting with Leodis McKelvin.

Is Ellis Lankster on your list?

Wow, this is gold! Could you imagine a McKelvin/Lankster combo? All kidding aside, those two would likely give more credible analysis that at least half of the pregame shows out there.