Michael Irvin being investigated for sexual assault

This is not surprising at all.

Why? He's not once admitted to/been convicted for sexual assault. Confusing to me that you don't find this surprising.

UNLESS .... you're like me and you think that every rich entertainer in the U.S. is vulnerable to accusations like this being made and it doesn't surprise you that it's happened yet again.

I'd be surprised if this woman isn't lying. That seems to be the end result, more often than not.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess he's forgotten everything he tells rookies at the symposium (do they still even have that?).

If true, I feel sorry for the victim. It's truly a monstrous, cowardly and sickening act.

Being in such a fortunate position, a dream job on network TV, forgiven for all his transgressions of the past, to place himself this very situation is inconceivable to me. Given so many examples of recent celebrities and even his peers, he still has the selfishness and feeling of invincibility that he thinks "it can't happen to me" is just mind blowing. How do you allow that to happen to yourself?

First Ballot unanimous Scumbag Hall of Famer. Just a steamy pile of ignorant and arrogant (worst combination, stupidity and no filter) donkey excrement. Part of the problem with the NFL product for people like me and all my friends, STHs included who grew up in the 1980s as school age fans was we hate these screaming idiots on TV who are bad people with big mouths. You have drug addicts, murders (or at least accessory to murders), sexual assaulters, etc. all on pre and post game shows. Irvin, Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp on TV? No thanks. I haven't watched a pre or post game show in over a decade. Tuned out. I'm not conservative prude, trust me, but I'm never going to applaud people who are social menaces and deviants who appear on my TV. Tune em out.

Hope he did it not for her sake, never wish that on someone, but to get his stupid face out of the public eye for good.

Lets break this down.

1. You hope Irvin raped that girl, "but not for her sake"??? - Not for her sake? Glad you cleared that up. For whose sake then do you wish that a girl got raped? Oh, your own.

2. "never wish that on someone" - except for the time that you just did wish someone was raped so that your TV viewing experience can be incrementally better.

3. A celebrity accused of rape will definitely just disappear from the public eye. No way there will be a circus surrounding this and 24/7coverage of Irvin.

4. How many rapes do you wish to get The View cancelled?

Never forget.

Why?

He's silent and smart.

Irvin is neither.

First Ballot unanimous Scumbag Hall of Famer. Just a steamy pile of ignorant and arrogant (worst combination, stupidity and no filter) donkey excrement. Part of the problem with the NFL product for people like me and all my friends, STHs included who grew up in the 1980s as school age fans was we hate these screaming idiots on TV who are bad people with big mouths. You have drug addicts, murders (or at least accessory to murders), sexual assaulters, etc. all on pre and post game shows. Irvin, Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp on TV? No thanks. I haven't watched a pre or post game show in over a decade. Tuned out. I'm not conservative prude, trust me, but I'm never going to applaud people who are social menaces and deviants who appear on my TV. Tune em out.

Hope he did it not for her sake, never wish that on someone, but to get his stupid face out of the public eye for good.

You are a moron. I've seen these exact sentiments - even some of the exact verbiage - from another long time TBDer in the past.

Drain the TBD swamp. Please.

This guy has been given more chances than anyone else I can remember in recent memory. All of the drug scandals and everything else, but he is still on TV. It's sadly amazing tbh.

yeah look who got elected to the most scrutinized public office? The wonders do not cease! This world is changing in a way that is NOT pretty. In this particular situation, before the case can be cleared, all three things are possible 1) Irvin drugged and raped her. 2) the woman is a gold digger 3) she got too drunk blacked out and can't remember the previous night. So I WITHHOLD JUDGEMENT.

Edited by CanadianFan

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Why? He's not once admitted to/been convicted for sexual assault. Confusing to me that you don't find this surprising.

UNLESS .... you're like me and you think that every rich entertainer in the U.S. is vulnerable to accusations like this being made and it doesn't surprise you that it's happened yet again.

I'd be surprised if this woman isn't lying. That seems to be the end result, more often than not.

Because despite innocent until proven guilty, it is reasonable for a person to take a look at a person's history and say to themselves, "I could see that guy doing that." Yes celebrities are targets but Irving seems like an unscrupulous person to me, and I think there is a decent chance he did this.

Because despite innocent until proven guilty, it is reasonable for a person to take a look at a person's history and say to themselves, "I could see that guy doing that." Yes celebrities are targets but Irving seems like an unscrupulous person to me, and I think there is a decent chance he did this.

Again ... why?

He's had drug problems, he's not that bright, he's loud and he's obnoxious. How does that make him a potential rapist, or one whom "you could see doing that?"

That's like saying, "I bet Scott Hamilton is gay because he's a figure skater and talks like a queer."

I would watch any tv show that featured Leodis fwiw.

Leave my guy alone.

My life never involved women who went back to my hotel room with me late in the morning, so I can't really guess what is on their minds.

You missed out. Nothing better than a drunk girl telling you she feels guilty that she has a boyfriend halfway through coitus.

Cool story lady. Now zip it for 2 mins please.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Never understood how he got his broadcasting gig...I can think of 10 other players that would make better on-air analysts starting with Leodis McKelvin

Agreed. A.) he's terrible -speaks like he's got a huge bite of steak in his mouth. B.) His transgressions should disallow a public speaking gig on the League's Network.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Again ... why?

He's had drug problems, he's not that bright, he's loud and he's obnoxious. How does that make him a potential rapist, or one whom "you could see doing that?"

That's like saying, "I bet Scott Hamilton is gay because he's a figure skater and talks like a queer."

You are confusing "It wouldn't surprise me" with "thus guy is definitely guilty." I am not an investigator or potential member of the jury, I have no obligation to be objective. I am a guy on a message board who says it wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

Never understood how he got his broadcasting gig...I can think of 10 other players that would make better on-air analysts starting with Leodis McKelvin.

To be fair, McKelvin would be better than alot of guys. Comedy gold!

I'd like to see McKelvin teamed up with Emmitt Smith :w00t:

I would watch any tv show that featured Leodis fwiw.

Leave my guy alone.

You missed out. Nothing better than a drunk girl telling you she feels guilty that she has a boyfriend halfway through coitus.

Cool story lady. Now zip it for 2 mins please.

grateful i didn't play those games with people, i had it too easy i guess.

How sad.

When I see the first line is something started in a man's hotel room after time at the bar, it starts going downhill from there.

I'm very content I missed out on those hassles.