Any way you slice it Kaepernick represents good value

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/colin_kaepernick_ignored_by_th.html#incart_river_index

• Super Bowl experience
  • great wheels
  • still in his prime

Politics aside the guy can still play and yes I was at the 49ers game last year. This would be a no risk acquisition with all upside and I would support it.

We already have Tyrod Taylor and he's a more effective running QB.

That's terrible value.

No politics NOT aside. He is a PR disaster and I know A LOT of guys who would be done with this team with him on it. F Him

Sounds like you know a lot of guys who can't separate politics from entertainment. Ironically that's how we got into this current mess. Sad!

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/colin_kaepernick_ignored_by_th.html#incart_river_index

• Super Bowl experience
  • great wheels
  • still in his prime

Politics aside the guy can still play and yes I was at the 49ers game last year. This would be a no risk acquisition with all upside and I would support it.

Screw him. The Bills sign him and I am done.

• Super Bowl experience
  • great wheels
  • still in his prime

This punk disgusts me .

Nope he is a bad QB.

If you want to judge the prospects of a qb the best way to do so is watch the progression. If it isn't there then there is little to draw from. He doesn't seem able to throw the ball with any touch. Every throw he makes is a rocket hard ball that is capable of going through a brick wall.

It would have been interesting to see how different his career would have been if Harbaugh would have stayed and worked with him. It's apparent that Kaepernick is a physically imposing player. However, after playing for a number of years and still being a raw player that doesn't have the capacity to grasp the intricacies of the position then what you see is what you get. He is at a stage of his career where it is pointless to make further projections because he is what he has actually shown to be on the field.

Right now we have committed to #1 QB but have no legitimate backup QB.

My gut says we are going for a strong QB in the draft in hopes we have a decent backup at LEAST and a potential #1 (not this year) at BEST.

Politics are not the issue here, practicality is, I believe.

I have the utmost respect for his silent protest.

I was all for Kaep replacing Tyrod. He's a smarter, more athletic QB who has actually achieved something in the NFL.

But that ship has sailed. I hope Kaep finds a home and kicks some serious ass. He's worked harder for it than most people work.

If you want to judge the prospects of a qb the best way to do so is watch the progression. If it isn't there then there is little to draw from. He doesn't seem able to throw the ball with any touch. Every throw he makes is a rocket hard ball that is capable of going through a brick wall.

It would have been interesting to see how different his career would have been if Harbaugh would have stayed and worked with him. It's apparent that Kaepernick is a physically imposing player. However, after playing for a number of years and still being a raw player that doesn't have the capacity to grasp the intricacies of the position then what you see is what you get. He is at a stage of his career where it is pointless to make further projections because he is what he has actually shown to be on the field.

this is all that needs to be said. He struggled last year mentally and doesn't have what it seems it takes to play the position comfortably. He missed open targets and overthrew a number of times. He never had great touch or awareness just arm power. And he's lost that. The older he gets the more he was done. After the NFC championship game he hasn't been the same. He was figured out and was a one trick pony like Tommy Maddox and all those 1 yr hit wonders.

He's been a below average QB since.

Ultimately what's the price point in him now?

As a gm I'd want him to bulk up some and be in his previous form but I wouldn't be opposed to him playing a couple games in case of injury. I'm not thinking his skill set is a great fit but some improv isn't the worst from qb2.

And anyone that would split based on our backup qbs politics is pretty silly

Ultimately what's the price point in him now?

As a gm I'd want him to bulk up some and be in his previous form but I wouldn't be opposed to him playing a couple games in case of injury. I'm not thinking his skill set is a great fit but some improv isn't the worst from qb2.

And anyone that would split based on our backup qbs politics is pretty silly

he can't gain the weight on the diet he is on. It won't happen.

this is all that needs to be said. He struggled last year mentally and doesn't have what it seems it takes to play the position comfortably. He missed open targets and overthrew a number of times. He never had great touch or awareness just arm power. And he's lost that. The older he gets the more he was done. After the NFC championship game he hasn't been the same. He was figured out and was a one trick pony like Tommy Maddox and all those 1 yr hit wonders.

He's been a below average QB since.

When judging a qb prospect there are obviously a number of traits that have to be considered. One trait that is essential and can't be appreciably improved is accuracy. Whether a qb has good or poor mechanics in college if the accuracy isn't there no amount of coaching is going to improve that deficiency to an acceptable level for the pros where the windows are tight and the timing must be spot on. Related to timing is the ability to make anticipatory throws. If you don't have that instinctive ability then in the pro game as a qb you are going to struggle.

He hasn't been solid since the SB year, and other defenses figured him out. He's RG2.0. He stares down his WR, and is not as good as TT.

We have an opportunity in the draft to take another late round QB. Remember Polish thinks Chad Kelly is the best in this class and is projected to not be taken until the 5th because of off field stuff. I don't care about the uncle connection, but I've watched him and he is good with a strong arm and hits tight windows. He'll be so cheap and let Cardale and him duke it out for second or third spot. TT is not going anywhere for two years.

Those are my thoughts. I want nothing to do with Karpov, Johnny Football, RG3 or anyone like them, and no it has nothing to do with his protests although I find them detestable, he does have the right to do it. The NFL won't touch that issue.

Just to play devil's advocate, compare his stats to tyrods.

Also hilarious point about Chad Kelly who threatened someone that he was gonna grab his AK from his truck but making a political statement is worse than that LOL.

And I quote "an assault rifle massacre" were his exact words. Can you imagine someone like Richard Sherman doing that?

Edited by Elite Poster

IT's great when a majority can hide behind a persona and pretend they're innocent angels and I have never done nothing wrong or controversial. Whoever invented the phrase love to kick you when you're down sure got that one right.

Saying that I believe the league has caught up with Kaep and he is a below average qb not saying he could be a capable backup or fill on starter or maybe even win you game in the right system. Is he right for this town ? probably not.

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost

No politics NOT aside. He is a PR disaster and I know A LOT of guys who would be done with this team with him on it. F Him

Agreed. Besides his decline on the field, I also saw a quote from him that " Buffalo treated him the worst" of all places he played during his idiotic "protest". So it wouldn't exactly be a match. Let's just say there's a mutual dislike. Pass

I have the utmost respect for his silent protest.

I was all for Kaep replacing Tyrod. He's a smarter, more athletic QB who has actually achieved something in the NFL.

But that ship has sailed. I hope Kaep finds a home and kicks some serious ass. He's worked harder for it than most people work.

He works harder than most people? Oh.

I don't think he offers good value at all. He said he would stand this year for the anthem but I still think he carries too much baggage. Once they changed the rules for read- option qb's and allowed them to get hit, even if they handed it off, he hasn't done a thing in the league.