Are there any racist institutions? How and why.

27 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The word "racist" is so over-used that it no longer has the same meaning.  A racist used to apply to someone that would deny or inhibit others the exercise of their legal rights under the law.  Now it's a moral judgement liberals use to silence or marginalize anyone they don't like.    

Lots of people think it shouldn't even be talked about politically, just under the table, so to speak. Really, you don't think racism is a huge issue? Hitlers racist Germany started WW2, the South started the Civil War for totally racist reasons, blacks today are still recovering from slavery and the denial of their civil rights up to 1965, yet you think we talk about it too much? 

Strange 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lots of people think it shouldn't even be talked about politically, just under the table, so to speak. Really, you don't think racism is a huge issue? Hitlers racist Germany started WW2, the South started the Civil War for totally racist reasons, blacks today are still recovering from slavery and the denial of their civil rights up to 1965, yet you think we talk about it too much? 

Strange 

Racism in 2020 America is not a huge issue, this isn't 2930s Germany, or 1864 America, or even 1960s America. There will always be racism, everywhere, but it's not the huge issue liberals make it out to be. We've had a black president, many in Congress, blacks in the Supreme Court, many black CEOs of major corporations 

2 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

, this isn't 2930s Germany, or 1864 America, or even 1960s America. There will always be racism, everywhere, but it's not the huge issue liberals make it out to be. We've had a black president, many in Congress, blacks in the Supreme Court, many black CEOs of major corporations 

All true, except first part I chopped, yet underneath it all the pernicious virus persists and still exerts it’s vile influence. Racism is the single biggest reason Trump is president. A guy who cares not a fig for our Republic and would love to become like his buddy Putin, a ruler for life 

All true, except first part I chopped, yet underneath it all the pernicious virus persists and still exerts it’s vile influence. Racism is the single biggest reason Trump is president. A guy who cares not a fig for our Republic and would love to become like his buddy Putin, a ruler for life 

You are full of crap.  People voted for Trump because he was a Washington DC outsider.  Your post MIGHT make more sense if the Democrat's candidate was a racial minority.  In fact the Democrat's candidate had been part of the system since 1992.  

• Like (+1) 1

Are you saying everyone who voted for Trump is a racist? The biggest reason he became president is that for 8 years the democrats in power didn't do anything for the "forgotten man", middle America, that is why he won.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Strange 

No I don't think its a huge issue.  The current racism craze is simply a hustle and shakedown.  Show me one law or regulation that authorizes or legalizes racial discrimination.  And the Civil War was 140 years ago, nobody that experienced it is alive today,  and the majority of white people don't even have ancestors that were in America at the time.  You might as well throw in the Jews still reeling from the brutality of the Pharaohs in ancient Egypt or the Germanic tribes from Roman occupation.   A lot of folks in Central America are still upset over the Aztecs too.     

We've had almost 60 years to "right" all the historical "wrongs".  Targeted programs, quotas, preferential treatment, subsidies, and other assistance.   Nothing works?  Why?  Racism of course is the excuse.  Meanwhile recent immigrants of color, including Africans, come here, prosper, and assimilate into the culture.  The real problem nobody wants to talk about is the refusal of most African-American's to assimilate and adapt to the prevailing culture and rather than that they cling to a dysfunctional set of values.  Kids can't read, can't write a legible sentence, can do simple math, can't speak common English.  So who is going to hire them?  And what future do those circumstances provide?  But its not a lack of skills or education or training, its racism.  

What you're alluding to as racism in the current context is the behaviors of private citizens and do you really think its the role of government to regulate and control what everyone does and thinks of each other?   And who decides what is right or wrong?  You mentioned the Nazi's and they're a good role model for what you want.  Gleichschaltung, total control of the state over every aspect of the lives of the people. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Here is a thought.  What are the institutions/systems that people use to gather information, educate themselves, or look up to for guidance? 

The Media, Academia and Hollywood/entertainment?  

The MSM in the US is owned by 6 large corporations, controlling 90% of the content.  It is monopolized by liberal elites.

On college campuses, liberal views are glorified while the conservative voice is squashed.  It is monopolized by liberal elites.

Hollywood/entertainment.  How may conservative voices do you see here?  Again, monopolized by liberal elites.  

If these liberal elites monopolize these institutions, and you are going to have a tough time making any argument that they don't, then who is responsible for institutional/systemic racism?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Brueggs said:

Here is a thought.  What are the institutions/systems that people use to gather information, educate themselves, or look up to for guidance? 

The Media, Academia and Hollywood/entertainment?  

The MSM in the US is owned by 6 large corporations, controlling 90% of the content.  It is monopolized by liberal elites.

On college campuses, liberal views are glorified while the conservative voice is squashed.  It is monopolized by liberal elites.

Hollywood/entertainment.  How may conservative voices do you see here?  Again, monopolized by liberal elites.  

If these liberal elites monopolize these institutions, and you are going to have a tough time making any argument that they don't, then who is responsible for institutional/systemic racism?

You make a good point.

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

Racism has no meaning overall to the left that is definable. It can morph to be applied to any situation if a political point needs to be made. Biden was a racist in February based on his legislative accomplishments but not one in July despite no new legislation. Liberals want equity in my school among the races but not if it means I have to hold back the minorites so my white kids can catch up, which is what I would have had to do last year if that was the policy. It is a word that is meant to simply shut up your opposition with slander.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2020 at 2:07 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

Racism has no meaning overall to the left that is definable. It can morph to be applied to any situation if a political point needs to be made. Biden was a racist in February based on his legislative accomplishments but not one in July despite no new legislation. Liberals want equity in my school among the races but not if it means I have to hold back the minorites so my white kids can catch up, which is what I would have had to do last year if that was the policy. It is a word that is meant to simply shut up your opposition with slander.

Systematic racism and global warming are similar:  you can't prove either one and the meaning changes to fit your current situation.  It can be used with no facts just speculation.  At best, there is correlation not causation.  Both are symptoms of shallow thinkers who do not want to look for facts and solutions but to have a bumper sticker policy.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Systematic racism and global warming are similar:  you can't prove either one and the meaning changes to fit your current situation.  It can be used with no facts just speculation.  At best, there is correlation not causation.  Both are symptoms of shallow thinkers who do not want to look for facts and solutions but to have a bumper sticker policy.

The democrats motto- if it can't fit on a bumper sticker I can't understand it.

Another example of Leftists not having the capacity to think things through. Hilarious.

Princeton: We are racist.

Department of Education: oreally.jpg

The Department of Education has informed Princeton University that it is under investigation following the school president's declaration that racism was "embedded" in the institution.

President Christopher L. Eisgruber published an open letter earlier this month claiming that "[r]acism and the damage it does to people of color persist at Princeton" and that "racist assumptions" are "embedded in structures of the University itself."

According to a letter the Department of Education sent to Princeton that was obtained by the Washington Examiner, such an admission from Eisgruber raises concerns that Princeton has been receiving tens of millions of dollars of federal funds in violation of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which declares that "no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Another example of Leftists not having the capacity to think things through. Hilarious.

I laughed my head off when I read that.  Princeton says they are "embedded" with white supremacists and racists, so the DOJ takes 'em at their word and opens a civil rights investigation.  Since Princeton must certify it is an equal opportunity institution, and they kinda said they are not, now they get to have their undies inspected by the DOJ.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 3

On 9/15/2020 at 9:58 AM, keepthefaith said:

What is viewed by many as systemic racism is mostly real life self determination playing out. 

....sorry but ending racism is a pipe dream..."racism is an infinite phenomenon with no elimination end game achievable"......racism because of skin color, ethnic racism (look around the world and its existence for thousands of years) or even geographic racism for some ( the US North vs South/Yankees vs Rebs STILL exists)...... you may, MAY make gains towards improving relations, but it will NEVER be eradicated......those "anti feelings" are ingrained forever in the gray matter of many.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

3 minutes ago, Nanker said:

The world is populated by tribes of peoples. 
Most of them hate all the other tribes. It’s the DNA of mankind. Deal with it. 

...unfortunately, ethnic racism or even geographic racism ( see my previous description) are not as easily identifiable as skin color racism.....the old adage is "first impression is THE lasting impression".....thus your first visual is skin color.....which carries the MOST political capital......BLM is the epitome of a fraud period..it is "The Gimme Crowd" who says you owe me and does squat....the astute (COUGH) BLM Leader says, "looting is a form of reparations".....I emphasize with the MILLIONS of US blacks who have become educated to whatever level they chose, have successful jobs, entrepreneurial business owners (how many have been destroyed in these riots?)careers and solid nuclear families, only to be lumped into alleged BLM "gimme supporters" because of skin color.....sad inclusion IMO....

2 hours ago, Hedge said:

Why do I get the feeling this ends with Princeton being found guilty of Racism against white applicants? 

19 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...unfortunately, ethnic racism or even geographic racism ( see my previous description) are not as easily identifiable as skin color racism.....the old adage is "first impression is THE lasting impression".....thus your first visual is skin color.....which carries the MOST political capital......BLM is the epitome of a fraud period..it is "The Gimme Crowd" who says you owe me and does squat....the astute (COUGH) BLM Leader says, "looting is a form of reparations".....I emphasize with the MILLIONS of US blacks who have become educated to whatever level they chose, have successful jobs, entrepreneurial business owners (how many have been destroyed in these riots?)careers and solid nuclear families, only to be lumped into alleged BLM "gimme supporters" because of skin color.....sad inclusion IMO....

No one speaks about the black racism that is ingrained in their culture. The lighter skinned blacks, mulattos, and High Yellows (Morehouse graduates) absolutely detest the dark skinned African Americans who they despise because of their more crude facial characteristics. 

Ask the Chinese or Koreans how they feel (gutturally) about the Japanese. Ask the Japanese how think of the SE Asian populations. Ask the Brahmans what they think about the outcasts (which includes all Westerners). 
Ask the Poles about their “Ukie” jokes, but don’t share any Pollack jokes with them. 

It goes on and on. The Native American peoples warred and raised against each other. They pillaged, ransacked, and raped their way to power - albeit mostly they were transient victories. 

Racism is over rated and under rated simultaneously.   

Edited by Nanker
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/15/2020 at 9:12 AM, RiotAct said:

the Democratic National Committee.  Skin color right at the forefront of someone’s list of qualifications!!!  PROGRESS, BABY.

The ultimate racism because all white people are racist now, which they FINALLY admitted, but we knew what they really thought. 

Systemic Racism = White Racism

Because other racists can't be racist, they don't have power even when they occupy the Presidency, DOJ and Susan Rice which I listed separately for being such a blatant liar.

5 minutes ago, Nanker said:

No one speaks about the black racism that is ingrained in their culture. The lighter skinned blacks, mulattos, and High Yellows (Morehouse graduates) absolutely detest the dark skinned African Americans who they despise because of their more crude facial characteristics. 

Ask the Chinese or Koreans how they feel (gutturally) about the Japanese. Ask the Japanese how think of the SE Asian populations. Ask the Brahmans what they think about the outcasts (which includes all Westerners). 
Ask the Poles about their “Ukie” jokes, but don’t share any Pollack jokes with them. 

It goes on and on. The Native American peoples warred and raised against each other. They pillaged, ransacked, and raped their way to power - albeit mostly they were transient victories. 

Racism is over rated and under rated simultaneously.   

Wow great summation of something that needs to be said. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Math is racist? :wacko:

</snip>

The Mathematical Association of America released a statement Friday claiming both that mathematicians should engage in “uncomfortable conversations” about race, and that policies of from the Trump administration, like the lack of a mask mandate in the United States, are somehow an affront to mathematics. The group concludes with a call for a “pursuit of justice” within math.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Math is racist? :wacko:

</snip>

The Mathematical Association of America released a statement Friday claiming both that mathematicians should engage in “uncomfortable conversations” about race, and that policies of from the Trump administration, like the lack of a mask mandate in the United States, are somehow an affront to mathematics. The group concludes with a call for a “pursuit of justice” within math.

</snip>

Who wants to drive over a bridge engineered and built by people that think math is racist so 2+2=5?  These people are suffering from some group delusion or mental illness.  It's all BS that will suddenly disappear if Biden wins next month.