Are there any racist institutions? How and why.

I am so glad that people are waking up to the scam that is the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Not that the leftist media will....................

BLACK FIRE CHIEF WINS DAMAGES AFTER BEING REPRESENTED BY WHAT SPLC CALLED A HATE GROUP: 

Atlanta To Pay Out $1.2 Million To Christian Fire Chief After Violating His First Amendment Rights.

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I am so glad that people are waking up to the scam that is the Southern Poverty Law Center.

BLACK FIRE CHIEF WINS DAMAGES AFTER BEING REPRESENTED BY WHAT SPLC CALLED A HATE GROUP: 

Atlanta To Pay Out $1.2 Million To Christian Fire Chief After Violating His First Amendment Rights.

They're just trying to keep the black man down by taking ~33% of the righteous money he's owed.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Ehh...dude wrote a book slamming homosexuality while he was the fire chief and got fired for it. There’s enough to bag on Kasim Reed and Atlanta govt but can’t bag on them for firing this idiot. 

As as for the law firm...sexual discrimination trumps racial discrimination? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THE SOUTHERN POVERTY LIBEL CENTER

Scott has been all over the fact that the “respected” Southern Poverty Law Center (which seems to have little to do with either poverty or law) ought to be understood as a hate group, and finally someone in the mainstream media is having second thoughts about whether the SPLC deserves the high regard it receives. The Washington Post Magazine this weekend offers a long feature article by David Montgomery entitled The State of Hate: Researchers at the Southern Poverty Law Center have set themselves up as the ultimate judges of hate in America. But are they judging fairly?” 

The article is very long, and extremely wishy-washy on the subject of extremism and the SPLC’s handling of various conservative groups, but in the context of the mainstream media it might be read as a mild probation for the SPLC. Since the Post has a robust paywall, here are a few key excerpts:

{snip}

About the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) that the SPLC labels a “hate group”:

Does an alliance of lawyers with conservative Christian leanings that has won nine cases before the U.S. Supreme Court in the past seven years meet that criteria? According to Heidi Beirich, director of the SPLC’s Intelligence Project — which produces the hate list — the decision to put the Alliance Defending Freedom on the list for 2016 was a judgment call that went all the way up to top leadership at the SPLC. . .

Which means it was a political decision. Probably because ADF has such a good track record at the Supreme Court. (It won a couple of its cases on 9-0 and 7-2 votes, which hardly looks like getting the favor of a “right-wing” Court.) More:

The SPLC’s stated goal is to create an unbiased hate list, but forays into political activism by other parts of the organization could certainly hurt the list’s reputation. For the first time, the SPLC recently took a stand on a Supreme Court nomination, urging Alabama’s senators to vote against Brett M. Kavanaugh. It also just formed a political arm called the SPLC Action Fund that can lobby and support ballot measures. I asked Cohen if those advances onto political ground threaten to erode the SPLC’s credibility as a nonpartisan arbiter of hate. “We think it’s important to protect our integrity, the power of our brand, you might say,” Cohen said. “But we also think the issues that we’re advocating for are important.”

Translation: Yup, we’re left-wing partisans.

In the end, it seemed to me that the four groups I visited contained unequal quantities of what even the SPLC calls hate. Yet by its nature, the hate list draws no distinctions, and the SPLC is unapologetic in its view that hate is hate: “I don’t see gradations with these organizations,” [SPLC’s] Beirich says.

Weak stuff, but better than nothing. The SPLC thrives in part because of the deference paid to it by the media. If other media decide to give it more scrutiny, things might change for the better.

• 1 month later...

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/forever-21-apologizes-after-store-was-criticized-for-using-white-man-to-model-black-panther-inspired-sweater.amp

Id like to add Forever 21 to this list. 

Black people are VERY proud of the accomplishments of Africa’s only accomplished / advanced country. Never mind that it’s completey fictitious. HOW DARE FOREVER 21 USE A WHITE MAN TO CELEBRATE NON EXISTANT BLACK ACOMPLISHMENTS! Wakanada Forever✊????

Edited by The_Dude

• 2 weeks later...

Big surprise

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/a-black-hockey-player-faced-ugly-racial-taunts-then-his-teammates-went-to-work/201

Columnist
January 3 at 12:40 PM

The color of his skin didn’t matter to the ice. The color of his skin didn’t matter to the puck. And until this season, Divyne Apollon II believed that the color of his skin didn’t matter to his opponents.

So Divyne, 13, the only black player on his Maryland hockey team, wasn’t prepared for the monkey sounds another team’s players made at him. And the n-word. And the constant chants of “Get off the ice! Go play basketball!”

“I’ve never had it in my face like that before,” he said.

But what really shocked him and his father, Divyne Apollon — a bear of a hockey dad — was the reaction by his own teammates after a particularly awful round of racial hazing at a tournament last weekend.

“They were so angry about it. They seemed even angrier than us,” Apollon said.

Columnist
January 3 at 12:40 PM

The color of his skin didn’t matter to the ice. The color of his skin didn’t matter to the puck. And until this season, Divyne Apollon II believed that the color of his skin didn’t matter to his opponents.

So Divyne, 13, the only black player on his Maryland hockey team, wasn’t prepared for the monkey sounds another team’s players made at him. And the n-word. And the constant chants of “Get off the ice! Go play basketball!”

“I’ve never had it in my face like that before,” he said.

But what really shocked him and his father, Divyne Apollon — a bear of a hockey dad — was the reaction by his own teammates after a particularly awful round of racial hazing at a tournament last weekend.

“They were so angry about it. They seemed even angrier than us,” Apollon said.

9/01/03/3148f5a2-0f49-11e9-84fc-d58c33d6c8c7_story.html?utm_term=.5217823da7eb

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/a-black-hockey-player-faced-ugly-racial-taunts-then-his-teammates-went-to-work/2019/01/03/3148f5a2-0f49-11e9-84fc-d58c33d6c8c7_story.html?utm_term=.5217823da7eb

• Sad 1

STACY MCCAIN: The Wheel Turns on SPLC’s Heidi Beirich. 

“It is not illegal to express opinions with which Heidi Beirich disagrees, nor is it illegal to befriend people Heidi Beirich dislikes. And yet, as an employee of the SPLC, Dr. Beirich seemed to believe that she was authorized to determine the limits of our personal liberty. Because no one has ever offered to pay me to write the full story of my career as a Thought Criminal, and because I have not (yet) felt any need to share every detail of that sage, Dr. Beirich never understood my jocular good cheer in response to being defamed and, on advice of my close personal friend Bert the Samoan Lawyer, I have been content to watch patiently as she has proceeded down her chosen path to her inevitable destruction.”

Laws are not laws, SPLC says.

So, Trump gives speech on immigration crisis. "Southern Poverty Law Center" says breaking laws is literally impossible. "No human is illegal." Okay, so maybe he should say "people who break the law to enter the United States"? "Illegal alien" is a perfectly accurate term.

UH OH, look who’s reportedly marching away from the Women’s March 

It wasn’t that long ago that actress and progressive activist Alyssa Milano bailed on the Women’s March until it cleaned house at the top of the organization, and as Twitchy reported earlier Saturday, even the freaking Southern Poverty Law Center doesn’t want to be associated with the Women’s March due to its affiliation with the Nation of Islam.

If even the SPLC agrees that the Women’s March has affiliated itself with an anti-Semitic hate group, you know the March has problems, many of which were detailed in an exposé in Tablet magazine.

linda-sarsour-ilhan-omar.jpg

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

It wasn’t that long ago that actress and progressive activist Alyssa Milano bailed on the Women’s March until it cleaned house at the top of the organization, and as Twitchy reported earlier Saturday, even the freaking Southern Poverty Law Center doesn’t want to be associated with the Women’s March due to its affiliation with the Nation of Islam.

If even the SPLC agrees that the Women’s March has affiliated itself with an anti-Semitic hate group, you know the March has problems, many of which were detailed in an exposé in Tablet magazine.

BREAKING NEWS: SPLC declares SPLC a hate group.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Why don’t those two dumb ***** go have a dumb B word March in Saudi Arabia. Or Yemen. Or Syria. Or Iraq. Or Afghanistan. Or Pakistan. Maybe cause they’ll get raped and killed?