Are there any racist institutions? How and why.

I seem to be the only person who isn't convinced that I saw a murder in the video.

For one, I was told that I was going to see two rednecks chase down an unarmed black guy.  So, I watch the video, and I'm totally confused - as he seems to run right towards them.  Then, the camera goes haywire just at the moment the confrontation got physical.  It's hard to tell what happened but it seems that Ahmaud charged at Sonny.  Dad possibly fires a warning shot.  Ahmaud and Sonny struggle for the gun and Sonny was on the shooting end of the gun.

Plus, you don't see what led up to this at all.

It looks like it could be murder but those 20-30 seconds or whatever don't convince me, for whatever reason.  Oh, and the jogging part sounds like nonsense - in boots and 12 miles from his house.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

I've seen the following said by twitter users with lots of followers, some with blue checks:
He was a random jogger
He was wearing sneakers
He was wearing timbs 
He had "tools" or "weapons"
He carried nothing
He was seen robbing a nearby home and being chased after by men preparing to perform a citizen's arrest
He was not seen doing anything like that, it was random
He was suspected to have just completed a robbery, but not seen 
He was 12 miles from home
He was 10 miles from home
He was 5 miles from home
He was 2 miles from home
He was chased down and shot
He attacked the two men and was shot
He tried to wrestle the gun from the man and was shot inadvertently in the struggle
He tried to wrestle the gun and was intentionally shot while doing so 

I am going to wait for the dust to settle, and am not going to trust anything that gets said by a bunch of twits on twitter who sit there waiting for the next Big Thing that they can chalk up to their side being right again

From the video itself I don't think either narrative (that he just robbed a house and then tried to rip the gun out of the guy's hand after charging him, or that he was a random person falsely suspected of doing something he didn't do and was killed in the street for no reason) is disproven. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, bbb said:

I seem to be the only person who isn't convinced that I saw a murder in the video.

For one, I was told that I was going to see two rednecks chase down an unarmed black guy.  So, I watch the video, and I'm totally confused - as he seems to run right towards them.  Then, the camera goes haywire just at the moment the confrontation got physical.  It's hard to tell what happened but it seems that Ahmaud charged at Sonny.  Dad possibly fires a warning shot.  Ahmaud and Sonny struggle for the gun and Sonny was on the shooting end of the gun.

It looks like it could be murder but those 20-30 seconds or whatever don't convince me, for whatever reason.  Oh, and the jogging part sounds like nonsense - in boots and 12 miles from his house.  

On a review, I’ll admit you have a point. Still, at minimum this should have gone to a grand jury to determine if charges should be brought against the two men. I guess it’s possible it was in the works and then everything closed down due to the virus. What info I’ve seen about the DA makes him appear questionable. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's best to take a wait and see approach. The boy who could be Obama's son, some guy named Trayvon Martin, was hunted down and killed like an animal by some White-Hispanic. Until he wasn't. 

I agree with you on the manipulation of the Tayvon Martin story, and always think wait and see is the best course of action.  

Having watched that video, I see a man running down the street and a pickup truck with one man in the bed, another armed and outside the vehicle. The story provided by the redn----men still with us is that they wanted to flag down the man running down the road to have a chat.  While they were armed, in Georgia, with a pickup truck stopped in a street.  

I'm going to break my own rule and say...this is all on them.  I'll let juries and experts talk about statutes and crime

...but I'm really not certain what young Male in America would willing stop to speak to the fat redn... men with rifles stopped in the middle of the road.  When you factor race into it, I am even less certain who would willingly stop to have a chat with two %$@! ######s who've suddenly decided that they have the right to threaten you.  

Two men with rifles demand a female to stop because they want to talk to her. 

Two Hell's Angel's looking mofos eaning against their motorcycle demanding Ralph Lauren come over and talk to them.

Two Crips looking mofo's demanding Opie Cunningham come talk to them. 

I think in every case, the little voice inside ones head starts screaming like a lib when Trump won the election. That little voice is the one that keeps you alive. 

I'll be back when I'm wrong, I'll revisit my emotional response to seeing a kid take several steps after being shot and die on a street like it's 1957 in the deep south and Pa and his son Bubba done did what they had to do, but for now--%$@@  these douchebags for putting this young man in what he surely knew was a life or death situation.  

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I agree with you on the manipulation of the Tayvon Martin story, and always think wait and see is the best course of action.  

Having watched that video, I see a man running down the street and a pickup truck with one man in the bed, another armed and outside the vehicle. The story provided by the redn----men still with us is that they wanted to flag down the man running down the road to have a chat.  While they were armed, in Georgia, with a pickup truck stopped in a street.  

I'm going to break my own rule and say...this is all on them.  I'll let juries and experts talk about statutes and crime

...but I'm really not certain what young Male in America would willing stop to speak to the fat redn... men with rifles stopped in the middle of the road.  When you factor race into it, I am even less certain who would willingly stop to have a chat with two %$@! ######s who've suddenly decided that they have the right to threaten you.  

Two Hell's Angel's looking mofos eaning against their motorcycle demanding Ralph Lauren come over and talk to them.

I think in every case, the little voice inside ones head starts screaming like a lib when Trump won the election. That little voice is the one that keeps you alive. 

I'll be back when I'm wrong, I'll revisit my emotional response to seeing a kid take several steps after being shot and die on a street like it's 1957 in the deep south and Pa and his son Bubba done did what they had to do, but for now--%$@@  these douchebags for putting this young man in what he surely knew was a life or death situation.  

From what is known, that's definitely my take on it as well... Citizens arrests aren't meant as a license to play dragnet. They didn't see a crime committed, and they didn't have a right to start the confrontation. What happened after that is another story. I will say, the video does seem like victim runs towards the guy, which is not necessarily what someone in that situation would traditionally do, but the fight or flight mechanism is a weird deal and I'm willing to assume he was innocent until there's any substantial reason to show he wasn't. And, these guys get some degree of innocent until proven guilty, though I think they're admitting to the confrontation is definitely guilt in its own right. 

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

On a review, I’ll admit you have a point. Still, at minimum this should have gone to a grand jury to determine if charges should be brought against the two men. I guess it’s possible it was in the works and then everything closed down due to the virus. What info I’ve seen about the DA makes him appear questionable. 

What's the timeline on this? I (and I assume most others) hadn't heard about it until the video dropped? How long between incident and video going viral was there, and did the police have the video in that time? I assume there was some investigation happening, but it does seem questionable that they weren't detained immediately. 

Also, It's possible for these men to be murderers, and for them to have done so with racist intent, and it still not prove the liberal narrative that racism is at an all time high and so called white privilege is ruining America. 

EDIT: After reviewing the information and re-watching the video it's pretty clearly inexcusable that they went uncharged for this long, irregardless of who had the video when. A clear investigation still shows vigilantism that led to the death of a man. Book em danno. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

From what is known, that's definitely my take on it as well... Citizens arrests aren't meant as a license to play dragnet. They didn't see a crime committed, and they didn't have a right to start the confrontation. What happened after that is another story. I will say, the video does seem like victim runs towards the guy, which is not necessarily what someone in that situation would traditionally do, but the fight or flight mechanism is a weird deal and I'm willing to assume he was innocent until there's any substantial reason to show he wasn't. And, these guys get some degree of innocent until proven guilty, though I think they're admitting to the confrontation is definitely guilt in its own right. 

What's the timeline on this? I (and I assume most others) hadn't heard about it until the video dropped? How long between incident and video going viral was there, and did the police have the video in that time? I assume there was some investigation happening, but it does seem questionable that they weren't detained immediately. 

Also, It's possible for these men to be murderers, and for them to have done so with racist intent, and it still not prove the liberal narrative that racism is at an all time high and so called white privilege is ruining America. 

The police had the video since late February, and only after it was leaked to the press did the state of Georgia step in and investigate. Within two days the state officials made the arrest.

One if the local DA's had worked with the father, and came to the conclusion that the father and son were in the right to invoke a citizen's arrest. 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The man in the car behind the jogger who was filming was their neighbor. The father and son called him to assist them. You can hear him c0ck a gun in the video. He may also be charged. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

The police had the video since late February, and only after it was leaked to the press did the state of Georgia step in and investigate. Within two days the state officials made the arrest.

One if the local DA's had worked with the father, and came to the conclusion that the father and son were in the right to invoke a citizen's arrest. 

That's utter bull####. The outrage is justified for sure. The video clearly demonstrates misrepresentations in the story, the story itself is BS and doesn't reflect anything close to what a citizens arrest looks like. 

As a law abiding citizen who regularly carries a handgun for the defense of myself and my family, I can assure you that this would have resulted in one of those idiots getting shot if it had me being harassed. 

Edited by whatdrought

2 hours ago, bbb said:

No, you're not the only one. There's a justice for Gregory and Travis McMichael fund set up. And people are circulating a meme that has Ahmaud Abery in a hoody with a hammer and Timberland's looking like a gangster. 

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That's utter bull####. The outrage is justified for sure. The video clearly demonstrates misrepresentations in the story, the story itself is BS and doesn't reflect anything close to what a citizens arrest looks like. 

As a law abiding citizen who regularly carries a handgun for the defense of myself and my family, I can assure you that this would have resulted in one of those idiots getting shot if it had me being harassed. 

The shooters say they saw surveillance footage of a burglary suspect in their neighborhood from a previous robbery and that the jogger matched the description. I hope you never get harassed by anyone waving a shotgun around. And I'm sure it's possible. But I doubt it would ever happen to you because you "fit the description." 

2 hours ago, bbb said:

This article posted upthread by @B-Man was really helpful for me to see the context. At very least there's huge discrepancies between the official statement made by the father and the video itself. Additionally, the statement itself shows how wrong they were in this situation, I think. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

What the hell were these clowns doing patrolling about, waving shotguns?

Don't get me wrong. In MANY of these "we're being hunted everyday" cases, there WAS some reason for the shooting/death. This is not such a case. These guys decided to dispense summary justice in a completely arbitrary way, and that can't be allowed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Motorin' said:

No, you're not the only one. There's a justice for Gregory and Travis McMichael fund set up. And people are circulating a meme that has Ahmaud Abery in a hoody with a hammer and Timberland's looking like a gangster. 

Thanks for the tip.  I'll dig into my seat cushions..................Because that's exactly what I was saying when I said that the 20 second video doesn't have me convinced of anything.  Either way.  

6 hours ago, arcane said:

I've seen the following said by twitter users with lots of followers, some with blue checks:
He was a random jogger
He was wearing sneakers
He was wearing timbs 
He had "tools" or "weapons"
He carried nothing
He was seen robbing a nearby home and being chased after by men preparing to perform a citizen's arrest
He was not seen doing anything like that, it was random
He was suspected to have just completed a robbery, but not seen 
He was 12 miles from home
He was 10 miles from home
He was 5 miles from home
He was 2 miles from home
He was chased down and shot
He attacked the two men and was shot
He tried to wrestle the gun from the man and was shot inadvertently in the struggle
He tried to wrestle the gun and was intentionally shot while doing so 

I am going to wait for the dust to settle, and am not going to trust anything that gets said by a bunch of twits on twitter who sit there waiting for the next Big Thing that they can chalk up to their side being right again

From the video itself I don't think either narrative (that he just robbed a house and then tried to rip the gun out of the guy's hand after charging him, or that he was a random person falsely suspected of doing something he didn't do and was killed in the street for no reason) is disproven. 

Yep and plenty of the racist slobs around here get all of their “facts” from Twitter! 

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No you mentioned them. Go ahead.  Name them. 

? So you can say, “what makes you feel that they are racists?” Blah, blah, blah. “Please list (in your own words) 5 characteristic of a racist.” Blah, blah, blah! ?

8 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

To answer the thread title question - yes - PPP 

Didn't you voluntarily join PPP? If so, it would appear that you consciously joined an organization that is racist. Do you know what that would make you?

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Didn't you voluntarily join PPP? If so, it would appear that you consciously joined an organization that is racist. Do you know what that would make you?

Only if he held the same racist beliefs like you! 

19 hours ago, bbb said:

That's exactly where I am. After watching the video I still don't know enough about the situation to draw any strong conclusions one way or the other.

It seems to me to be another case of manufactured outrage supported by the confirmation bias of the SJW left to push their white privilege/oppressed minority theory of America.

Anyone who says with great certainty that they saw a racially charged murder based on watching that video is telling you a lot more about their bias and credibility than about what they actually saw.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

He apparently hears the racist dog whistles. Of course, being able to hear them means...

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

That's exactly where I am. After watching the video I still don't know enough about the situation to draw any strong conclusions one way or the other.

It seems to me to be another case of manufactured outrage supported by the confirmation bias of the SJW left to push their white privilege/oppressed minority theory of America.

Anyone who says with great certainty that they saw a racially charged murder based on watching that video is telling you a lot more about their bias and credibility than about what they actually saw.

The video without context is meaningless. Apparently there was a black guy in a white tee shirt seen a home under construction the day before. Of course, there only being one black guy and one white tee shirt in the state of Georgia means that when these guys saw him the next day, they knew he was the one.

On the day before the shooting, another neighbor in the area called 911 stating that a Black man in a white t-shirt was inside a house that was under construction.

https://thegrio.com/2020/04/27/family-justice-ahmaud-arbery-killed-white-men/

How was he killed?

Mr. Arbery was running in Satilla Shores when a man standing in his front yard saw him go by, according to a police report. The man, Gregory McMichael, said he thought Mr. Arbery looked like a man suspected in several break-ins in the area and called to his son, Travis McMichael.

According to the police report, the men grabbed a .357 Magnum handgun and a shotgun, got into a pickup truck and chased Mr. Arbery, trying unsuccessfully to cut him off. A third man was also involved in the pursuit, according to the police report and other documents.

Police report detailing the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery

In a recording of a 911 call, which appears to have been made moments before the chase began, a neighbor told a dispatcher that a black man was inside a house that was under construction on the McMichaels’ block.

During the chase, the McMichaels yelled, “Stop, stop, we want to talk to you,” according to Gregory McMichael’s account in the police report. They then pulled up to Mr. Arbery, and Travis McMichael got out of the truck with the shotgun.

Gregory McMichael “stated the unidentified male began to violently attack Travis and the two men then started fighting over the shotgun at which point Travis fired a shot and then a second later there was a second shot,” the report states.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/ahmaud-arbery-shooting-georgia.html

They cut him off once, then continued to chase him and cut him off again. With guns drawn, just to "talk" to him. Oh, and someone seemingly forgot to mention to the police that the supposed burglary was the day before.

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

The video without context is meaningless. Apparently there was a black guy in a white tee shirt seen a home under construction the day before. Of course, there only being one black guy and one white tee shirt in the state of Georgia means that when these guys saw him the next day, they knew he was the one.

They cut him off once, then continued to chase him and cut him off again. With guns drawn, just to "talk" to him. Oh, and someone seemingly forgot to mention to the police that the supposed burglary was the day before.

Abery might have trespassed that day. He might have stolen something from a garage, through it doesn't appear as though anything was reported stolen. That's not an excuse for three armed people to pursue and accost a person with guns drawn. 

People are outraged because had the video tape not existed, there's no reason to believe there would have been any arrests. Trey Gowdy gets it: 

On 5/10/2020 at 12:25 PM, Koko78 said:

Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting that these guys acted properly or shouldn't be arrested, just that the video, as you stated, doesn't show enough to draw a conclusion either way. 

The reports giving it context have been inconsistent and still leave a lot of questions unanswered.

It's entirely possible if I was on the jury I'd vote to convict, but given the lack of reliable evidence, I could also see a reasonably plausible scenario where I would not. I can't say with any confidence which way I'd fall at this point.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the decision to engage in a fistfight with a man carrying a firearm, much less multiple armed men, regardless of who's in the right. Perhaps he figured they were going to shoot him anyway and that was his only chance, but I don't get that from the video, and it seems extremely stupid to me.

Not suggesting stupidity warrants a death sentence, but Darwin does not always concern himself with justice. And even if you're not justified in drawing your firearm, when someone who's likely stronger than you is taking the firearm from you, it is understandable why you may shoot even if you had no intention to do so in the first place. It doesn't necessarily justify the action, but it certainly complicates the matter.

The more interesting part to me is how willing people are to jump to conclusions based on woefully insufficient evidence and mold the fact pattern to conform to their biases by filling in the gaps with their preconceptions, then accept that narrative as incontrovertible fact.

18 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

The more interesting part to me is how willing people are to jump to conclusions based on woefully insufficient evidence and mold the fact pattern to conform to their biases by filling in the gaps with their preconceptions, then accept that narrative as incontrovertible fact.

Before I clicked on any video, I had been reading tweets saying that I was going to see two rednecks chase down an unarmed black man................I was totally confused when I"m thinking I'm seeing the black guy run TOWARDS the said rednecks.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the decision to engage in a fistfight with a man carrying a firearm, much less multiple armed men, regardless of who's in the right. Perhaps he figured they were going to shoot him anyway and that was his only chance, but I don't get that from the video, and it seems extremely stupid to me.

You don't see the initial face to face confrontation in the video. That part is cut off as the second car pulls over. 

From all of the available information, the white truck drove past him and then blocked the right lane of the road while the second car drove up from behind. The men in the pickup truck tried to "arrest" him with guns drawn on him. One man in front of the truck with a shotgun, another in the bed of the truck with a handgun. 

The lawyer who leaked the video thought that the video would exonerate their friends, because in his mind if Aubery had just surrendered to the arrest he wouldn't have been shot. Except in no world that we live in can citizen chase down unarmed persons in the middle of the road, block them in with their cars, draw guns on them and arrest them. That's called vigilante justice. 

9 minutes ago, bbb said:

Before I clicked on any video, I had been reading tweets saying that I was going to see two rednecks chase down an unarmed black man................I was totally confused when I"m thinking I'm seeing the black guy run TOWARDS the said rednecks.  

You're discounting that the second car that was filming also had an armed man in it. One car drove past him and blocked the road in front (which you don't see in the video), and one drove up from behind to block the road behind him...

I don't think these guy's thought process was "let's go kill us a black man." I think they legitimately thought he was a criminal, and they believed they had the right to take guns, track him down and bring him to justice. Had they actually been uniformed officers, legally they would have had the right to do exactly what they did. 

33 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

You're discounting that the second car that was filming also had an armed man in it. One car drove past him and blocked the road in front (which you don't see in the video), and one drove up from behind to block the road behind him...

Yeah, that's exactly the type of questions I was asking at the time (Day One of this) and nobody had the answers.  (Not here)  Why am I supposed to be seeing him run away but I see him run towards?  Who is filming?  And, why does the camera move away right when the most important thing happens - the two start to engage each other? 

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:

1Hc5VJC7_bigger.jpeg

Replying to
While he didn't deserve to die, why LIE to me about him being a runner? If there's a REAL problem with racism in our country, it wouldn't be so hard to expose it without MAKING UP stories.

This is ALWAYS my problem with the lies about Trump and the lies with these racial things.  If it's so bad, just go with the truth.

I had somebody (super liberal) message me on Facebook with a picture of the former cop who is now charged with his arm around GA Gov. Kemp at a campaign stop - posing for a picture.................The guy had a shirt saying Mohammed isn't God, and a bunch of other similar garb on.  It took me all of three seconds to google and be shown that isn't the guy being charged at all, and instead some yahoo from year's ago.  

Can't liberals do a little fact checking before spreading things around?!?
  • Like (+1) 1

You Didn’t Shoot Ahmaud Arbery

By Kira Davis

01d17339f54bfe157cf69746bb35462f?s=320&d

FTA:

I have come to the conclusion that the reason some white conservatives dig in so hard against narratives of racial violence when they hit the public square is because they are so used to constantly being on the defensive when it comes to race.

I just dropped a frustrated thread on Twitter about my very deep annoyance with people who think black conservatives aren’t ever supposed to argue with each or disagree on anything. It is quite offensive to be lumped into one category and have your individuality and unique life experience poured into THE BLACK CONSERVATIVE mold and then be asked to speak on behalf of all black people everywhere, even though you don’t know them all and are quite familiar with the ideological diversity within black America.

I think that’s h0w white conservatives feel when it comes to race. Just like I don’t speak for all black people, white conservatives don’t speak for all white people. It’s unnerving to be asked to answer for the sins of your ancestors and the sins of others who happen to reside in the same racial group. So it’s no wonder so many white conservatives feel compelled to push back against any narrative that might support the idea that black people still face many dangerous cultural and justice-related obstacles in this country. They feel accused by the very notion. In today’s climate of hot takes and social justice warriors pinning the blame on anyone and everyone who doesn’t fit their mold, the only way to prove that they are not racist murderers is to deny racist murders exist at all. If there’s no race issue, then they can’t be a part of it in the first place…and again, I’m talking about good people who aren’t racist killers and naturally don’t want to be associated with racist killers in any way.

It’s self-preservation, in my opinion. And I get it. I do. So let’s all get something straight…listen up.

YOU DID NOT SHOOT AHMAUD ARBERY.

You didn’t take video of him poking around a construction site hours before his murder. You did not see him running down the street. You did not stalk him with a camera. You did not approach him with a loaded weapon and demand he stop. You did not look threatening to him and you did not cause him to fear for his life when two armed men with zero authority demanded he stop running. You did not engage him as he tried to fight for the weapon trained on him. You did not cover up the shooting and let the two men involved in a shooting go straight home to live their lives while Arbery’s family was simply left to wonder.

YOU DID NOT DO ANY OF THAT.

You’ve been absolved. So now is it okay if we call this what it was? A murder. Let Arbery’s family get the full story and justice for their son. I’m sorry if you’ve been falsely accused of bigotry, but you have at least a whiff of what young black men like Arbery experience regularly to this day.

It’s okay to say this shooting was wrong. It doesn’t mean you’re responsible for it or responsible to speak for every other white person in America. It doesn’t mean America isn’t the best country in the world and it doesn’t mean that most Americans aren’t living quite well and peaceably alongside their neighbors.

It just means you can spot injustice when you see it.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, B-Man said:

This probably isn't Ahmaud Arbery. Arbery's skin is significantly darker. And this gets to the point,  the McMichael's assumed it was him on the past tapes when they could not have known it was him. And they assumed felonious intent on his part on the day of the shooting. In most of the lynchings that happened to black people in American history, the people conducting the lynching believed the person had committed a crime. They formed a posse and believed they had the right to carry out an execution.

The McMichael's had called the police. Yet they felt like they had the right to form a posse and pursue with guns, to detain him at gun point and to shoot him when he fought their arrest. I guess we shall see what Georgia law says about modern day armed posses, and if the federal government steps in. 

20 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

My goodness , that excuse for a newspaper has labeled everything as racist. Including America itself . How is the act of putting on some sneakers and going for a jog racist? Only to the most demented individual does that make any sense. They talk about marketing. Who are expensive , endorsed basketball shoes marketed to ? Is that racist ? To the New York Times, just being a Caucasian US citizen makes you a racist. Just demented, disgusting people at that outfit. 

27 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

I remember jogging in the 70s.  It seemed like every other car would have punks yelling ***** at you..................then even in the 90s, before my knee died, I would still get occasional taunts and garbage thrown at me.............If I was black, I'd say it was ONLY because I was black.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bbb said:

I remember jogging in the 70s.  It seemed like every other car would have punks yelling ***** at you..................then even in the 90s, before my knee died, I would still get occasional taunts and garbage thrown at me.............If I was black, I'd say it was ONLY because I was black.  

Losers didn’t have PlayStation or smartphones to entertain themselves. They’d yell if you were a hot girl, they’d yell if you looked like a dork , or gay, or whatever. It wasn’t seen as cool to jog. 

• Like (+1) 1