Lazy, unmotivated,big mouth players are in Big Trouble

HOUSE

Lazy? Unmotivated? Big mouthed? I can't name a single player on the Bills that are any of those things. I know you are hinting at Dareus but he is none of those things. Immature and a bit of a knucklehead? Okay. But lazy, unmotivated, big mouthed? I believe you have confused Dareus with Rex, Rob and their Club Bums associates. Or maybe the Buff News reporters.

I challenge you to name a single player who matches your description.

Dareus

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The dead money on Dareus' contract means in theory their highest paid player ain't going anywhere. I suspect McDermott and Frazier will try to get him to buy into their scheme.

Still would have been nice if Whaley and Overdorf had put a clause in their about the guaranteed money, but this is Whaley we're talking about.

I find it amusing when fans presume a player won't give full effort once he has guaranteed money in his pocket.

Tell me, how much money do you believe an average cashier steals from the register each year?

Who has Hughes influenced negatively as a bad role model?

Everyone. He is the veteran guy he should be a leader and a role model. Missing the team bus and laughing about it, apparently showing up late to meetings or falling asleep, we are all aware of the personal fouls on game day and the arguing with coaches. This guy is no leader

And don't get me started on Dareus. One of the highest paid defensive players ever and he smokes weed and shows up out of shape. Serious lack of motivation. They need someone to kick them in the you know what when they slack off. We need leadership on this team badly

I find it amusing when fans presume a player won't give full effort once he has guaranteed money in his pocket.

Tell me, how much money do you believe an average cashier steals from the register each year?

You don't have to presume it will happen, you can assume it's possible, as it certainly happens.

And your cashier comparison is off the wall...

Am I the only one who thinks we as fans have a lack of evidence to call someone lazy and unmotivated. I mean I'm not at the practice facility, the workout room, the medical rooms. If you want to blast Dareus for his Selfishness, or Hughes for undiscilplined personal fouls, I get that. I'd still believe that with good, accountable coaching that could be fixed quickly.

Exactly my point...accountability means a lot

If McD does what he says he's going to do, the situation will rectify itself.

I remember the scuttlebutt over Coughlin fining or suspending Strahan because he was late for meetings. Strahan became one of Coughlin's biggest supporters, and a team leader. Players will either adapt or they'll be gone.

Pretty lame that the OP didnt post his list.

My guess is as good as Joe Dirt:

Dareus: No focus, loves the weed, douchebag

Gilmore: Blames others, cant tackle, and has a high hairline

Hughes: Argued with Rob, Argued with Marrone, takes stupid penalties, see ya

Clay: Just mellow guy, happy to be making the money given to him. Non Factor in the years he's been here

Watlkins: Throws others under the bus, selfish and one talented mofo. Keep him and give him 10 targets per game.

Woods; Way overrated, non factor, slow as molasses.

These are just guesses. I have no clue really.

I'd be interested in hearing your answer.

A pro player making the lifetime salary of 1000 wage earners in a few years may not feel the need to produce maximum effort after "getting paid".....

....is like a minimum wha cashier tipping the till every now and then?

What answer do you want except that there is no discernible analogy there which makes whatever point you're trying to make?

Your days in a Buffalo Uniform are over, I have no doubt Sean McDermott will weed you out,consult with Whaley then DUMP.Sammy Watkins made it clear the Bills have some problem players that need to be dumped...Some are BIG mouthed players,they yap to the media and other NFL players around the league...the Bills know who they are...I don't want to spoil your fun but I can easily name 6.Give me your listHint: Some are extremely talented but are clearly un interested in hard work.They talk a big game but rarely produce anything. This DOES EFFECT THE OTHER PLAYERSAnother hint: After 2 days of training camp they are on the bench with some kind of groin injury...usually a tweak...lolNever fails. We blame the trainers but in reality, some are just lazy fakers...Just something to keep in mind, some players drop in the draft because of locker room problems and lack of effort.I my opinion, the Bills have at least 6.....NAME themNote: Do you know who the hardest working players on the Bills were over the last 5 years???Chris Hogan & Scott Chandler. Both ended up on the Patriots...do you see the connection??..

yes the pats like try hard underskilled white guys at wide receivers

Darius could be an issue. He had issues with Marrone . He needs to mature. I think his deal is immaturity not effort

A pro player making the lifetime salary of 1000 wage earners in a few years may not feel the need to produce maximum effort after "getting paid".....

....is like a minimum wha cashier tipping the till every now and then?

What answer do you want except that there is no discernible analogy there which makes whatever point you're trying to make?

Sadly I have to agree with WEO. The cashier is blatantly stealing. A player not giving his or her full effort is just lazy, unmotivated, doesn't care, but not technically stealing. No law against being a slacker.

The personnel move that defined Greggo's failure the most was the release of Big Ted Washington.

Greggo didn't want no fat guys.

Washington had restructured the year before and said there would be no more restructuring.

Sans Big Ted the run defense went from great to horrendous and two years later they were signing Fat Sam Adams to fill the void while TW was turning the Bears defense into a 13-3 force then dominating for the back-to-back SB winning Pats teams.

Coaches at the pro level need to do whatever it takes to get production out of players.........trying to force it out of them or cutting them for junk that can't do the job is something any idiot can do.

Everyone. He is the veteran guy he should be a leader and a role model. Missing the team bus and laughing about it, apparently showing up late to meetings or falling asleep, we are all aware of the personal fouls on game day and the arguing with coaches. This guy is no leader

And don't get me started on Dareus. One of the highest paid defensive players ever and he smokes weed and shows up out of shape. Serious lack of motivation. They need someone to kick them in the you know what when they slack off. We need leadership on this team badly

I agree that Hughes has his issues but to say he's influenced others to do the same can't be proven. I also agree that we lack enough player leadership. I think Rex was an absolute disaster at leading from the top. However before we agree to purge all our good players - who played fantastic under Schwartz - let's see if the respond to our new coach.

Edited by Triple Threat

I assume we are talking about Marcel D.

Financially it is impossible to cut Marcel.....so McDermott has to find a way to motivate him and ressurect his talent.

Are we just talking about the first 6-7 weeks? I thought he was mostly great in the 2nd half of the season.

It's hard to take some people seriously when they call players like Sammy and Shaq busts.

You've got to at least consider Sammy. He cost two #1 picks and he hasn't produced anywhere near a level equating to that. Not saying he's lazy. Maybe just unlucky. But whatever the reason, he certainly hasn't been worth the investment to this point.

I my opinion, the Bills have at least 6.....NAME them

Note: Do you know who the hardest working players on the Bills were over the last 5 years???

Chris Hogan & Scott Chandler. Both ended up on the Patriots...do you see the connection??

What position coach were you on the Bills last 5 years?

They both worked harder than Freedie, Kyle, Wood, Richie, Brown, Lorax etc???? You know this how?

BTW, Chandler lasted one year, Pats have also picked up a bunch of ex-Bills they dump right quick..

Sheesh, what a ridiculous thread.

Some big internet talkers in this thread.

:thumbsup:

Can't believe everyone calling out Clay. Do you people ever,and I mean ever, watch the all 22? Christ, do you ever watch anything but the ball carrier?

Holy smokes, Clay helps lead the Bills to the league rushing title, is open 7 times for every 1 time TT would throw him the ball...but he is freaking lazy.

Lazy are fans who look at stats for passing #s n a run dominated offence with a QB afraid to throw over the middle and calling a TD lazy.

Edited by plenzmd1

Gilmore lazy ? ...I don't think so, he's in great shape.

Gilmore unmotivated ?... I don't think so, he's in a contract year.

Gilmore a big mouth ?....I don't think so, in fact it's just the opposite, he's quiet.

Gilmore an unwilling tackler ??..hell yea, probably selfishly motivated by trying to stay injury free.he wasn't a great tackler before that which is why I wouldn't pay him elite franchise tag money.

Gilmore chirped one time earlier this year pointing out that the bills leave their corners in man to man coverage more than any other team in the league. which was in response to repeated questions about his perceived and real drop in play. a fair comment.

He's talking about the lack of an out clause for the Bills if/when Dareus gets busted again.

Clay doesn't get enough credit for his blocking, which is way above average for a TE.

Darby is a gamer, he's just undersized. still prefer him as a safety.

Sammy is a stud who's needs to stay healthy.

I say your problems are dareus (fitness and doesn't want to be a NT) and Hughes (talented mental head case).

I assume we are talking about Marcel D.

Financially it is impossible to cut Marcel.....so McDermott has to find a way to motivate him and ressurect his talent.

His talent never "surected" so it needs no resurrecting. His effort on the other hand...

Edited by Cripple Creek

What position coach were you on the Bills last 5 years?

They both worked harder than Freedie, Kyle, Wood, Richie, Brown, Lorax etc???? You know this how?

BTW, Chandler lasted one year, Pats have also picked up a bunch of ex-Bills they dump right quick..

Sheesh, what a ridiculous thread.

:thumbsup:

Can't believe everyone calling out Clay. Do you people ever,and I mean ever, watch the all 22? Christ, do you ever watch anything but the ball carrier?

Holy smokes, Clay helps lead the Bills to the league rushing title, is open 7 times for every 1 time TT would throw him the ball...but he is freaking lazy.

Lazy are fans who look at stats for passing #s n a run dominated offence with a QB afraid to throw over the middle and calling a TD lazy.

when i put clay on my list I was thinking about all the missed or limited practice time he had all year. Some lazy players don't want to put in the practice and come up with all sorts of little ailments to avoid them. Not saying Clay did that because i'm not there with the team to see everything but for the sake of this thread I threw his name in there.

They can't afford financially to purge Dareus, but could on Henderson. One poster is a little harsh on him though as Crohns is an awful disease.

They can let Gilmore go, but who replaces him. The draft; taking a chance and who's to know if the replacement is as good. If we can meet him he n the middle he's worth keeping so we add in the daft, not replace.

Lastly, you don'have to urge, but simply reign them in quick. That's what he'll do. Rex was a wuss. If someone fakes a hamstring as they don't want to practice like Bruce smith in the old days, then McDermitt gets the medical staff on him, forces MRI's etc to see no tissue damage, and gets his ars back in the field.

Thiis new coach is the anti-Rex. He'll hold people accountable and create a winning culture. People who believe in their coaches and start to believe they can be winners lose the attitude.

If they're cutting out chunks of your intestine then I don't think you are dogging it to smoke weed.

http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Inverse-power-law-h1.jpg

Probably a Power Law Curve with the tail on the left and head on the right.

The average cashier steal little to nothing while virtually all of the thefts are from a very small group. Dareus certainly sits at the very far right of the curve.

Edited by BarleyNY

You've got to at least consider Sammy. He cost two #1 picks and he hasn't produced anywhere near a level equating to that. Not saying he's lazy. Maybe just unlucky. But whatever the reason, he certainly hasn't been worth the investment to this point.

I wouldn't consider him a "bust" by definition . While injuries have factored into previous players being considered busts , it's not the number one criterion. Usually a bust doesn't play to the level expected when healthy . Sammy has produced when the Bills have made him part of the game plan. When he hasn't been involved or targeted, he still appears to be getting open aka " doing his job" not struggling to get open or being unable to get off the line. Yes, the injuries have been unlucky , but this talented player has been seriously underused/ misused since his arrival in BUF. Partially due to the limitations of the QB Hope the new HC recognizes how wasted his talents have been by previous regimes. While I don't think any WR could ever be worth using 2 first rounders ( save for Jerry Rice) , the return on investment can only be increased by how much the player is used or incorporated into the offense.

Gilmore lazy ? ...I don't think so, he's in great shape.Gilmore unmotivated ?... I don't think so, he's in a contract year.Gilmore a big mouth ?....I don't think so, in fact it's just the opposite, he's quiet.Gilmore an unwilling tackler ??..hell yea, probably selfishly motivated by trying to stay injury free.he wasn't a great tackler before that which is why I wouldn't pay him elite franchise tag money.Gilmore chirped one time earlier this year pointing out that the bills leave their corners in man to man coverage more than any other team in the league. which was in response to repeated questions about his perceived and real drop in play. a fair comment.

He refused to ball out even in a contract year. Was more concerned with staying injury free than being great on defense . That to me is unmotivated . Any player is motivated by money as far as getting more of it. Getting more of it because you're great is a different motivation than getting more of it because you are healthy and available.

Lazy and unmotivated players is what the OP was asking for. What you are saying is not either of those things. People are conflating production with how hard a player works and his motivation to play the game. I don't think we have seen either of those be a problem for Watkins. Injuries have been. By all accounts he works at his craft. When healthy we saw how good he is.

No. Sammy was arguably the most vocal this season, from the bench. That's not leadership.

Interesting , but any time I hear a full interview with Sammy, he always says that he himself needs to be better, play better etc, and seems self deprecating. That may get edited out for the " sound bite" but it's always struck me and something I noticed that is different from most other guys.

You mean the two guys who are clearly superior game changers?

I don't care what they are, do they not throw temper tantrums? Is the issue the behavior " tantrum" or something else. They throw tantrums.

Lazy and unmotivated players is what the OP was asking for. What you are saying is not either of those things. People are conflating production with how hard a player works and his motivation to play the game. I don't think we have seen either of those be a problem for Watkins. Injuries have been. By all accounts he works at his craft. When healthy we saw how good he is.

Salient and logical post.

No. Sammy was arguably the most vocal this season, from the bench. That's not leadership.

The OP said lazy and unmotivated players. You have issue with Watkins' being injured. You have issue with "leadership". Those are separate distinctions. He is not lazy or unmotivated. He works hard. He has been vocal in support of Tyrod or whomever the QB is who is given the reigns by the coaching staff. He supported Orton. He supported EJ. He supported Tyrod. When healthy he plays very well. He's mentioned himself that he has to get past injuries. He has mentioned himself when he can do a better job. That is leadership. If you disagree with that, fine. But in no way does that indicate lazy or unmotivated.