Offensive Coordinator candidates

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still looks like a Kromer to me.

Seriously, the list is suspect, as there are a bunch of guys on there who won't be there.

Yeah, the list is suspect. John Blake and Bobby April, Jr. will be gone. Although it's possible that they keep them on until the contract runs out, who knows. Kromer was rumored to be interviewed for am OC position, I think with the Rams. Maybe he asked for release of his contract. It would be different if he were to become OC anyway, and there is no indication of the Bills doing this.

That said, I would imagine that the total evaluation that McDermott and Castillo and Boras of Tyrod is not complete yet. They may not even know for sure what their final evaluation would be after speaking with each other about the film. Not to mention who knows what the real deal is for the OC position at OBD.

It was just a thought that I would not at all mind that scenario, considering the apparent alternatives out there.

I would disagree but beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend.

Just bring both in for an interview.

It's been explained a few times here. They can only not block a HC interview. Any other interview, even if an upgrade, you can block.

And X gets the square.

Former Jaguars OC Greg Olson, a favorite to become Bills OC, now is planning to become the Los Angeles Rams QB coach, per league source.

Media:

* Anthony Lynn a lock to be next Bills RGM.

* Bills situation toxic. HC candidates staying away from Buffalo.

* Childress to be new OC.

* Childress out. Greg Olsen new favorite to be Bills OC.

* Olsen out.

Reality:

* The media is nearly always wrong.

Media:

* Olsen out.

Reality:

They'll be close.....after it's happened.

Update - 1/18/2017

Top 12 Candidates:

1. Alex Van Pelt, 46 - Our big old friend has been Packers' QB coach under Mike McCarthy for the last three seasons. The coach he replaced? Ben McAdoo, who went on to be the Giants OC for two years before being promoted to head coach. (Link: former Bill - player and asst coach).

2. Brian Daboll, 41 - Buffalonian, attended U of Rochester. Current Patriots TE coach. Former OC for Browns, Dolphins, Chiefs. Rumored to be the OC in waiting behind McDaniels. Would be my second choice but I don't see it as realistic. (Link: grew up in Erie County).

4. Aaron Kromer, 49 - Many of us thought Lawn Chair Psycho's time here was over with the Juan Castillo hire but he's been an OC before, did great things with our OLine, and likely understands the Roman/Lynn offense that worked so well here. (Link: most recent OLine coach).

Bill Callahan, 60 - Been around forever. Great OLine coach, not considered a great offensive coordinator.

Hottest Daughter:

Marc Trestman, 61 - Long-time NFL OC. I'm not a fan of his, but I am a fan of his daughter.

CvFDxWlWYAQKMMm.jpg

Would be cool to get former Buffalo guys but would really like to see what Kromer can do, especially if runs Romans offense which has great design, (weirdly Roman was not good as a game day manager, even though he had a great offensive philosophy)

Would be cool to get former Buffalo guys but would really like to see what Kromer can do, especially if runs Romans offense which has great design, (weirdly Roman was not good as a game day manager, even though he had a great offensive philosophy)

One day grasshopper - the student shall surpass the teacher in skill

Media:

* Olsen out.

Reality:

True. I feel like there is all this speculation about what they're planning on doing and the truth of the matter is they've been waiting on the same guy all along.

Media:

* Olsen out.

Reality:

sounds pretty "dysfunctional".

Have a Madden tournament. Winner gets play calling duties.

Jason LaConfora just sent out that the Bills "may be inclined" to pursue Green Bay QB coach Alex Van Pelt.

That was like 2 hours ago so if it's coming from LaConfora then it's probably already been debunked by now

True. I feel like there is all this speculation about what they're planning on doing and the truth of the matter is they've been waiting on the same guy all along.

My suspicion as well.

McD has been hiring position coaches for the offense. I'm guessing he's doing it with the blessings of our future unnamed OC.

And I suspect the offensive position coaches are coming aboard because they know who the OC will be.

Edited by hondo in seattle

My suspicion as well.

McD has been hiring position coaches for the offense. I'm guessing he's doing it with the blessings of our future unnamed OC.

And I suspect the offensive position coaches are coming aboard because they know who the OC will be.

Thanks for making me feel a little better. That all makes sense , of course. So.......who is it???? :) Then I can rest.

Daboll? He's been an OC 3x already and can't say his offenses in Cleveland, Miami or KC were memorable.

According to Wiki, Brian Daboll started his coaching career as an assistant at William & Mary in 1997, the same time McDermott was a player there. Not that it means anything, just interesting.

Another interesting note (to me anyway) - he ls a St Francis HS (Athol Springs) Alum.

I don't advocate anyone, I just started looking through playoff team offense staffs for any connections to coach McD and saw this.

Media:

* Olsen out.

Reality:

The reality is most of the news is coming from agents and the Bills are playing things close to the vest for once.