Cardinals Cut WR Michael Floyd

YoloinOhio

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pats have taken Floyd... that makes me very happy.. they needed another WR and he should fit in nicely for the short term he is here. (Def better than our ST ace trying go out and play WR lol)

Think Floyd is happy be going from AZ to the Pats??

Edited by PatsFanNH

Bills sitting on their hands

Which is ok. Chad was a pretty good player at one time.

every team except Dallas had a chance to claim him and did not. It doesn't make sense for a non-playoff team to claim a guy for 3 (basically 2 at this point) games who is going to be a UFA and hand him a million + who has no acclimation to the offense, playbook or QB. He may barely even see the field. If he was under contract for at least one year - different story. Edited by YoloinOhio

Can someone explain to me how a GM like Whaley goes after prospects like Seantel, Richie, Karlos, Joanathan, Percy, but not Michael Floyd? Pegula interference?

those were draft picks with cheap 4 year contracts or in Percy and Richie's case FAs he signed for a whole year with an entire offseason to practice and prepare with the team.

Floyd is player who would be available for 2-3 games at most with no time to prepare and practice with the team before the season ends and he becomes a UFA, to the tune of a million dollars on his current deal.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@AroundTheNFL

BREAKING: Michael Floyd claimed by Patriots day after being cut by Cardinals http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000757369/article/michael-floyd-claimed-off-of-waivers-by-patriots

Czvz0ymUkAAMUoH.jpg

Damn. Not only do the Pats get him; he may also take away some of Hogan's targets, and as we all know, that's what everyone here cares about.

Freaking pats.. Why didn't we grab this guy. He's made some amazing catches.

look two posts above yours. It may be worth it for a team that knows it's going to the playoffs. Otherwise, that's why no one else claimed him. Pats had second to last waiver claim. Edited by YoloinOhio

those were draft picks with cheap 4 year contracts or in Percy and Richie's case FAs he signed for a whole year with an entire offseason to practice and prepare with the team.

Floyd is player who would be available for 2-3 games at most with no time to prepare and practice with the team before the season ends and he becomes a UFA, to the tune of a million dollars on his current deal.

What will we be using the money for? At worst, it's a 3 week tryout. There's zero risk and a possible "Hey I like Rex Ryan and would play here," reward a la Percy Harvin.

Why would a team out of playoff contention pick up a guy who is headed to FA in 3 games? 99 problems but Mike Floyd ain't one.

There was speculation that because he was waived and claimed and never hit FA he may factor into the Pats' compensatory pick equation if he signs elsewhere this offseason. That alone should have been reason for us to claim him IMO, not to mention he potentially fills a need in our offense.

There was speculation that because he was waived and claimed and never hit FA he may factor into the Pats' compensatory pick equation if he signs elsewhere this offseason. That alone should have been reason for us to claim him IMO, not to mention he potentially fills a need in our offense.

I never even thought of that basically paying a million for a comp pick... Damn Pats always thinking a step ahead of everyone else.

Yup.

New England does it : pure genius

Buffalo does it: total desperation of another troubled player.

NE gets the benefit because they have been winning for so long and EVERYONE considers the Emperor a absolute Genious! Lol

Sadly even Bill fans think your FO is run by I think someone here said "Bozo the clown"? So almost any move is looked as desperate now.

NE gets the benefit because they have been winning for so long and EVERYONE considers the Emperor a absolute Genious! Lol

Sadly even Bill fans think your FO is run by I think someone here said "Bozo the clown"? So almost any move is looked as desperate now.

I agree that when you're winning, every move looks better.

I would argue that our GM has done as good of a job building our team as you have with yours except we haven't lucked into an all time great qb in the 6th round.