Sherman fined 9k for hit on Carpenter

YoloinOhio

There's a difference between a hit that violates a specific rule, like hitting a QB in the head, and unnecessary roughness. Sherman's play was legal but unnecessary. I'm surprised the fine is so small considering he could have ended Carpenter's career. It could be small due to the ridiculous comments by Carpenter's wife.

With the NFL statements and now a fine, just goes to show how inept NFL refs are that a flag wasn't even thrown. Not to mention the egregious issue with the clock. How refs aren't full time employees of the NFL never made any sense to me. Pretty ridiculous

How does making them full time change anything?

How does making them full time change anything?

I've always thought if full time, they would have debrief film sessions after every game of their game and then a highlight of all games, especially where mistakes were made. I mean 12-14 hours of film review every week and as full time employees you could do that and I think it would go a long way to standardizing penalty calls across the league if they saw what was done well and done poorly over and over.

How much is Walt Anderson being fined?

@salsports

No discipline expected for Walt Anderson's crew over botched halftime situation in Bills/Seahawks MNF game according to @caplannfl and @espn

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/22931648.php?contentType=4&contentId=18991674

@salsports

The $9,115 Sherman was reportedly fined is the most allowed under the CBA for a first offense for roughing.

She is not subject to the CBA........sorry to go legal on you, but that is pretty obvious. And, she does have her first Amendment rights of free speech. I thought it was hiliarious myself.

no one is asking for this women's imprisonment, so bringing in free speech is a moot point.

and as for the the bold, doesn't really surprise me. ignorance is bliss.

He should still be castrated. He needs to chill out. Smart guy but a lot of anger. Not everyone is out to get you Sherm. But if you want enemies then keep acting like a jerk and you really will have some

They need to make note of that when they negotiate the next CBA. You know, just to be sure....

Along with the flag that he didn't get for roughing the kicker, I would like to know why he didn't get an unsportsmanlike conduct for mad-dogging our coach.

I wondered that myself. If they are going to be flag happy with taunting calls why would they allow something like that? A player mean mugging a coach is more disrespectful than what Woods did. If you don't like what Woods is going after a catch then stop him from catching it. What's Rex going to do in his situation? Garbage. !@#$ Sherman.

Along with the flag that he didn't get for roughing the kicker, I would like to know why he didn't get an unsportsmanlike conduct for mad-dogging our coach.

I once had a kid do that to me... I grabbed him by the facemask and slung his ass to the ground. I was a bully. Why aren't we bullies? ...Rex..said...

How can you call ignorance on this. She compared sherman to a farm animal, whom they castrate with the tool she posted.

We all get angry and say things, why did it have to be a racist statement, so if it was wes welker or Julian edelman, or Eric weddel would anyone on this board have issues with it, or anyone else for that matter?

No, she did not drop an N bomb or use any other racial slur. Im sick of people saying something is racist when it is not.

I can turn any statement racist if i try hard enough.

How you interpret something is on you, stop being sensitive and let people be angry and be heated and say things in the moment without backlash.

Rant over......go bills

Amazing what our world has become. You can't say anything anymore without someone trying to turn it into a race issue. Ridiculous

The player could have been white, the tweeter white, and somehow it would still get turned into a racist issue.