What happened to Schmidt??

firemedic

Rex said it in his press conference. I read the transcript this morning, said some guy was signed to the practice squad since Schmidt can't kick this weekend, said it was a quad injury from "Taking one for the team" in the Rams game..

Edited by mikef272002

Rex said it in his press conference. I read the transcript this morning, said some guy was signed to the practice squad since Schmidt can't kick this weekend, said it was a quad injury from "Taking one for the team" in the Rams game..

I think they signed a K to practice squad....not a punter

Sometimes I think the NFL should have rule where if you injure a player the player injured needs to spend time out in a type of penalty box when it is determined that at fault player could avoid injuring injuree. But that would require cooperation with NFLPA who have resisted most attempts at player safety (such as opposing requiring some pads) and for them not to be actively defending players who have deliberately injured other players.

pretty sure that Morgan is only on the PS to punt during practice so Schmidt can rest the quad. If they needed one for the game, they would have signed a punter.

He's really under performed this year. I thought last year he looked like he could really boom punts - this year he looks terrible.

I thought he had some really nice punts in the Rams game

Edited by DallasMac

Yep me too. I thought there was one game (think it was 'zona) where he struggled but otherwise he has been good.

Arizona was a poor game. Might honestly be the worst I've ever seen him.

Last week, he was immaculate. In Week 1, what he did to Devin Hester was a work of art. Unfortunately, he does have his wobbles. Not going to crack the upper echelon until he finds that consistency.

Arizona was a poor game. Might honestly be the worst I've ever seen him.

Last week, he was immaculate. In Week 1, what he did to Devin Hester was a work of art. Unfortunately, he does have his wobbles. Not going to crack the upper echelon until he finds that consistency.

It was bad, but do I remember correctly that he had an absolutely clutch punt that checked up inside the 5 and lead to Gilmore's first INT?

That's what I was thinking of...pretty sure it bounced inside the 1. I remember thinking that it was about time he hit a good one, and that it couldn't have come at a better time in the game.

I wish punting stats were more nuanced. Average/net yardage is fine, just wish there was an "average distance to kick into" stat. On the face of it, that 43-yarder doesn't sound impressive.

Only allowed 19 return yards all season, ST has been really impressive thus far. Even Carp kicking off hasn't been the disaster I thought it would be.

He's really under performed this year. I thought last year he looked like he could really boom punts - this year he looks terrible.

Must only have watched the first game or two.

I wish punting stats were more nuanced. Average/net yardage is fine, just wish there was an "average distance to kick into" stat. On the face of it, that 43-yarder doesn't sound impressive.

Only allowed 19 return yards all season, ST has been really impressive thus far. Even Carp kicking off hasn't been the disaster I thought it would be.

It's almost a benefit...he kicks it to the GL or 1 yard deep and they bring it out and get tackled at the 15...saves 10 yards of field position and then brings the possibility for fumbles and penalties into play as well...Surprised we don't do it more often, I don't think a player has returned one past the 25 on us yet.

Sometimes I think the NFL should have rule where if you injure a player the player injured needs to spend time out in a type of penalty box when it is determined that at fault player could avoid injuring injuree. But that would require cooperation with NFLPA who have resisted most attempts at player safety (such as opposing requiring some pads) and for them not to be actively defending players who have deliberately injured other players.

Nah...that would be an example of over-regulation....ya know...like the government likes to do from time to time in certain areas...

They get fined. They could get suspended in the right circumstances. Good enough as far as I am concerned.

Yep me too. I thought there was one game (think it was 'zona) where he struggled but otherwise he has been good.

Yeah it was the AZ game, and was possibly the worst game I've ever seen from a punter. Pretty sure he had three punts that didn't exceed 30 yards and definitely would of cost us if the game was close. The Rams game he was an absolute stud and was part of the reason we won. So yeah, last year he was consistently good, but he must of eaten too many chicken wings before that AZ game or something cause that was concerning.

Yeah it was the AZ game, and was possibly the worst game I've ever seen from a punter.

The first attempt we had at replacing Moorman was worse. Was he name Powell? Dreadful. He had one game where everything was sliced off his foot and went no more than 20 yards and then they cut him and brought Moorman back.

They need this in hockey too - especially for hits to the head and going for the knees - - defenseless players that get injured. Guys would then think twice about head-hunting or going for the knees deliberately (I'm thinking of Chris Gragg and Pat LaFontaine.)