Gillislee Hurt

RobRyanFan

RBs aren't disposable but it's the most dime a dozen position you can find in the NFL. Guys like Shady are special with their explosiveness... Karlos? His best NFL days might be behind him already. I like Gillislee but cmon, he replaceable

RBs aren't disposable but it's the most dime a dozen position you can find in the NFL. Guys like Shady are special with their explosiveness... Karlos? His best NFL days might be behind him already. I like Gillislee but cmon, he replaceable

I wouldn't write him off so quickly. He still has a chance to have a productive NFL career.

Because if any of those four guys get hurt for an extended period of time in the next six weeks, which is a very reasonable possibility, when Karlos came off suspension they could use if not need him.

I'm guessing Karlos will be available in 4 weeks if needed

Because if any of those four guys get hurt for an extended period of time in the next six weeks, which is a very reasonable possibility, when Karlos came off suspension they could use if not need him.

Huge assumption that he has the maturity and discipline to be in shape and not use again while away from the team in the suspension period. You expect the Bills to place that trust in him given his debacle of an offseason? No way!

Huge assumption that he has the maturity and discipline to be in shape and not use again while away from the team in the suspension period. You expect the Bills to place that trust in him given his debacle of an offseason? No way!

No way. But that's the point. He has six weeks to get in shape. It doesn't cost the Bills anything. They don't need a roster spot for him for four weeks. If one of the guys gets hurt and he gets his **** together he's the best alternative in the league. If he doesn't you are where you are now by cutting him. If none of them get hurt and are playing well you cut him then.

I'm kinda bummed about this. I think gillislee might be the best RB at running the ball on our roster. He's fast, gets downhill and doesn't go down on arm tackles. Hope he is back soon. When he runs, he reminds me of faster Fred Jackson. Runs upright but can wiggle through tight spots

Edited by VaMilBill

I'm kinda bummed about this. I think gillislee might be the best RB at running the ball on our roster. He's fast, gets downhill and doesn't go down on arm tackles. Hope he is back soon. When he runs, he reminds me of faster Fred Jackson. Runs upright but can wiggle through tight spots

The best RB at running the ball on our roster? Geez. I like gillislee a lot. Have since Florida. But McCoy is a special RB. Yes, he's great in the passing game too, but that isn't what makes him special. He's on another than gillislee at running the ball.

You are really embarrising yourself

Thanks gramps, but I'm not the one who told the fanbase "get ready, 'cuz we're goin" (to the playoffs) only to have the team flame out at 8 wins... I'm not the one who proclaimed "we won the off-season", only to have the roster collapse in a firestorm of injuries, and suspensions.... I'm not the one who proclaimed "we're NOT giving up on Karlos" only to have the kid cut just days later... I'm not the one who gave Rob Ryan a job after he 'coordinated' one of the worst defenses in NFL history....

Embarassing, you say? -This whole situation is embarassing... You don't feel it because your'e one of the unfortunate sheep being taken for a ride by Rex, Rob, and Doug... Bottom line: It's a sad day in my life when I care what a guy like you thinks.

Thanks gramps, but I'm not the one who told the fanbase "get ready, 'cuz we're goin" (to the playoffs) only to have the team flame out at 8 wins... I'm not the one who proclaimed "we won the off-season", only to have the roster collapse in a firestorm of injuries, and suspensions.... I'm not the one who proclaimed "we're NOT giving up on Karlos" only to have the kid cut just days later... I'm not the one who gave Rob Ryan a job after he 'coordinated' one of the worst defenses in NFL history....

Embarassing, you say? -This whole situation is embarassing... You don't feel it because your'e one of the unfortunate sheep being taken for a ride by Rex, Rob, and Doug... Bottom line: It's a sad day in my life when I care what a guy like you thinks.

Its ok....Karlos is gone......the sun will come up tomorrow son

I was at the game and awhile after Gillislee went to the locker room they put an injury update on the jumbotron. It said "Gillislee knee possible to return" to which I immediately thought, even if it's nothing major, why take the chance on letting him come back out.

No way. But that's the point. He has six weeks to get in shape. It doesn't cost the Bills anything. They don't need a roster spot for him for four weeks. If one of the guys gets hurt and he gets his **** together he's the best alternative in the league. If he doesn't you are where you are now by cutting him. If none of them get hurt and are playing well you cut him then.

The timing is odd. It seemed little to no downside to sit on him until October --- unless he's given new reasons (like the assertion his weights going back up)

The best RB at running the ball on our roster? Geez. I like gillislee a lot. Have since Florida. But McCoy is a special RB. Yes, he's great in the passing game too, but that isn't what makes him special. He's on another than gillislee at running the ball.

This. And that TD catch yesterday was impressive.

Now THIS made me chuckle early on my Sunday afternoon. Bravo Sir, Bravo. The first paragraph is hard to argue with too.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath, we are very deep at RB. With KW's weight, pot and concussion issues, it is probably for the best, but the timing is a little off. Oh, and stop watching Rex's pressers. They are for the media anyway, not Bills fans.

LOL. Don't let logic get in the way of a good anti-Bills, we always make bad personnel decisions, rant.

The point he was making is if we are down to 3 of those top 4 guys, and lose anothe in the first month - karlos would cost nothing to hold as a just in case, and if the light comes on he would be better than Boom. If the lights out, you cut him at the close of the suspension to avoid the roster spot needed for his return

Which is incredibly reasonable, unless there's more behind the scenes (very possible)

Edited by NoSaint