Marquise Goodwin cut? (Or quitting Bills to pursue track?)no

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo guess he's back? And still thinks bills fans are mean (remember how mad he got when fans booed the offense in the preseason vs Tampa?)

@flashg88dwin

That literally was my last time wearing that uni! I broke my ribs (again last yr), cut that jersey & pants off & framed them for memory.

There is no way you all believed Anyone today 😒 #AprilFools

Some people were actually reeeeeally excited at the possibility of me not playing. #Yikes, doesn't surprise me tho.

I know the fools was played on us, but to continue a previous line of thought...

If he competed in Brazil and then was available mid season for us. Is that really a problem? We would get an athlete that has world class ability, character, and knows our playbook.

My point is that if pursuing the Olympics, earns Goodwin's loyalty; then who cares as long he doesn't sign with anyone else (I know that can't be guaranteed).

Ehhhh if a star makes a silly April fools joke ok I can deal with it. If your a fringe player who hasn't commited to the NFL 100 percent then I would suggest keeping the roster jokes to a minimum.

i thought the same - plus the fact that he really is going to leave for at least some length of time to try to make the Olympic team and well ... He can't be shocked that many believed him. Frankly I've always liked him, but his health situations have been frustrating. Though Marrone also scratched him a few times when healthy.

i thought the same - plus the fact that he really is going to leave for at least some length of time to try to make the Olympic team and well ... He can't be shocked that many believed him. Frankly I've always liked him, but his health situations have been frustrating. Though Marrone also scratched him a few times when healthy.

Yep the front office has been more than fair about allowing him to pursue his Olympic dreams and in all honesty he hasn't offered much as an employee. I liked him at Texas and he is a well mannered guy but this isn't a good look. It's immature at best and if he doubts Bills fans supporting their players he should use the search function and see how long and drawn out a Chris Freaking Hogan thread was. If you show up and try hard this town will love you, we are used to the failure just don't short us on the commitment.

Sooo guess he's back? And still thinks bills fans are mean (remember how mad he got when fans booed the offense in the preseason vs Tampa?)

@flashg88dwin

That literally was my last time wearing that uni! I broke my ribs (again last yr), cut that jersey & pants off & framed them for memory.

There is no way you all believed Anyone today #AprilFools

Some people were actually reeeeeally excited at the possibility of me not playing. #Yikes, doesn't surprise me tho.

Marquise.......your NFL career is on self-inflicted life support......attention whoring by faking your demise was poor judgement to say the least.

The reaction could have been much worse.

Glass is lucky he didn't "play" in....well, pretty much any other NFL city instead of Buffalo.....where he actually still has a few battered, expectation damped fans that still feel a connection to him.

He's been stealing money for the past 3 seasons and using it to support his flimsy gold medal hopes......wasting a ton of talent by not getting himself in football shape physically or mentally.

Dude. I f'in hate this day. Not to mention it's also my wife's bday. Have to fork out on top of having football players on my favorite team tell me they're quitting to run track or switching to WR.

Yeah, but just think of the good it did for all the haters to come here and vent their spleen about the guy.

They must have felt pretty satisfied for a few minutes. Such is life in the off-season. So many zits to pop. So many boils to lance. Pent up poison is explosive.

The anti Hogan crew wanted to cut him and keep Glass Goodwin as recently as last August.

So now Chris Hogan is earning good money from the team of the last 12 years and Glass is out of football? Sounds about right.

It is a shame... there were flashes in his first year but since then nothing.

We get it, you liked Hogan, but he's gone. Time to let the blood flow to the other parts of your body. Goodwin, who is a true deep threat during his rare healthy games, is still here.

We get it, you liked Hogan, but he's gone. Time to let the blood flow to the other parts of your body. Goodwin, who is a true deep threat during his rare healthy games, is still here.

And it because of nonsense like "genuine deep threat." He threatens to overwork the medical staff and not much else.

Too many sarcastic comments in this thread. The guy is a world-class athlete and tried to play football at the NFL level. Yes, he was frequently injured, but the sarcasm and snarky-ness are too much.

We are all disappointed that he couldn't stay healthy and produce more.

Thank you. i always hate the interweb snark machine wind up to someone who is not available to respond

Yeah, but just think of the good it did for all the haters to come here and vent their spleen about the guy.

They must have felt pretty satisfied for a few minutes. Such is life in the off-season. So many zits to pop. So many boils to lance. Pent up poison is explosive.

; )

Edited by 3rdand12

Thank you. i always hate the interweb snark machine wind up to someone who is not available to respond

; )

The guy posted a lame April Fools thing. It went over like a lead zeppelin, and now we are to feel bad for him?

The guy posted a lame April Fools thing. It went over like a lead zeppelin, and now we are to feel bad for him?

did i say that?

I do not care when folks pile on here. Almost as if folks have anger issues. You read the posts

I root for every player on the Bills. I do not harbor ill will towards anyone. Much less vomit forth bile at the first opportunity as soon as someone has fallen..

Not that you have Weo. but many do and that was my response. I do not care for that behaviour. It's just my opinion of cousre

If you want to bash him take it to twitter so he can respond.

you are more often than not twisting my words Weo.

did i say that?

I do not care when folks pile on here. Almost as if folks have anger issues. You read the posts

I root for every player on the Bills. I do not harbor ill will towards anyone. Much less vomit forth bile at the first opportunity as soon as someone has fallen..

Not that you have Weo. but many do and that was my response. I do not care for that behaviour. It's just my opinion of cousre

Goodwin bothers me more than almost every other Bills player only because I don't believe he has committed to the team. He's not only doing a disservice to himself, but to his teammates as well. He's not an EJ or Chris Kelsay, who tried their best and just weren't good enough. Goodwin doesn't take it seriously. There are many things I'm willing to abide when they don the Blue and White, but not that. JMO, of course. Edited by FireChan

Goodwin bothers me more than almost every other Bills player only because I don't believe he has committed to the team. He's not only doing a disservice to himself, but to his teammates as well. He's not an EJ or Chris Kelsay, who tried their best and just weren't good enough. Goodwin doesn't take it seriously. There are many things I'm willing to abide when they don the Blue and White, but not that. JMO, of course.

I had not really considered that perspective honestly FC. I do not feel that way, but i now can see how some folks might.

Thanks for the perspective

did i say that?

See below....

Goodwin bothers me more than almost every other Bills player only because I don't believe he has committed to the team. He's not only doing a disservice to himself, but to his teammates as well. He's not an EJ or Chris Kelsay, who tried their best and just weren't good enough. Goodwin doesn't take it seriously. There are many things I'm willing to abide when they don the Blue and White, but not that. JMO, of course.

And then he decides to pretend that he's leaving the team. What response does this deserve from his fans?

See below....

And then he decides to pretend that he's leaving the team. What response does this deserve from his fans?

It was a joke. and what Fans? don't seem to be many here

Did we even know whether he was cut? Some folks thought so.

But that is not my point.

My point is, why do people nearly hate this kid.

I would not be surprised if he was cut btw. When i first read it that was my assumption.

It was a joke. and what Fans? don't seem to be many here

Did we even know whether he was cut? Some folks thought so.

But that is not my point.

My point is, why do people nearly hate this kid.

I would not be surprised if he was cut btw. When i first read it that was my assumption.

Too many people don't understand what the word "hate" means. In fact, nowadays, it has lost all meaning.

Sites like these are specifically for fans to applaud, attack, coddle, condemn their team's players/coaches/FO. It's a place for hot takes and homers. BS'ers and cranks and the well argued point. Players are paid silly money to play a childs game for our entertainment. This is part of the social contract they have agreed to when they took all that money. In fact, they eagerly get involved in the same things you accuse others of when they make comments on twitter. Who cares?

If you think any of this is hate, then you have never known hate, only hyperbole....and THAT'S the real sign of the times. Every comment and every reaction to a comment must be over the top.

As FC intimates, if this guy wants more love and less 'hate', he should play better....

Yep the front office has been more than fair about allowing him to pursue his Olympic dreams and in all honesty he hasn't offered much as an employee. I liked him at Texas and he is a well mannered guy but this isn't a good look. It's immature at best and if he doubts Bills fans supporting their players he should use the search function and see how long and drawn out a Chris Freaking Hogan thread was. If you show up and try hard this town will love you, we are used to the failure just don't short us on the commitment.

One doesn't get to any professional athletic level without commitment. I think too many on here conflate his training with being disappointed in the results he's gotten. The man works hard. His body is his company. He hasn't been able to stay healthy, but doesn't mean he doesn't train.

Bills fans show ourselves to be like any other fan base; many are knowledgeable, many are truly supportive and many are jack asses. No, he shouldn't be surprised. Neither should the fans be surprised an athlete would point this out.

Goodwin bothers me more than almost every other Bills player only because I don't believe he has committed to the team.

Based on..? If the fact that he pursues the long jump disturbs you and makes you question his commitment keep in mind that he can only pursue that with the blessing of the Bills organization. If they didn't support it they could release him. I have never read anywhere or heard anywhere that he doesn't work hard in the off-season or practices when he's at the facility. Have you? Please share if so. I would be interested to hear any instances.

Edited by purple haze

Too many people don't understand what the word "hate" means. In fact, nowadays, it has lost all meaning.

Sites like these are specifically for fans to applaud, attack, coddle, condemn their team's players/coaches/FO. It's a place for hot takes and homers. BS'ers and cranks and the well argued point. Players are paid silly money to play a childs game for our entertainment. This is part of the social contract they have agreed to when they took all that money. In fact, they eagerly get involved in the same things you accuse others of when they make comments on twitter. Who cares?

If you think any of this is hate, then you have never known hate, only hyperbole....and THAT'S the real sign of the times. Every comment and every reaction to a comment must be over the top.

As FC intimates, if this guy wants more love and less 'hate', he should play better....

I honestly don't follow your line of thinking here.

I apologise to have used up your time.

I have found , on occasion some posters seem to bring forward some very negative opinions based on little, but perhaps opportunity to do so.

again my point is, why do folks find it appropriate to tear some one down on the boards based upon some perceived action that may or may not be viable. I do not mind when posters tear each other to shreds, because it is a fair game.

It is a rhetorical question WEO as i do not need an answer from you. Nor do i wish one.

Best wishes To Goodwin. He seems to be a good Man.

Edited by 3rdand12

Based on..? If the fact that he pursues the long jump disturbs you and makes you question his commitment keep in mind that he can only pursue that with the blessing of the Bills organization. If they didn't support it they could release him. I have never read anywhere or heard anywhere that he doesn't work hard in the off-season or practices when he's at the facility. Have you? Please share if so. I would be interested to hear any instances.

I don't think it is unreasonable for fans to say he should be focused on football. He's not some top tier WR who has the NFL game down pat and is doing the Olympics on the side. He's a great athlete who is still trying to become a starting WR on a team that isn't exactly flush with a lot of great ones. Why shouldn't fans question his commitment if he splits his time between track and football?

One doesn't get to any professional athletic level without commitment. I think too many on here conflate his training with being disappointed in the results he's gotten. The man works hard. His body is his company. He hasn't been able to stay healthy, but doesn't mean he doesn't train.

Bills fans show ourselves to be like any other fan base; many are knowledgeable, many are truly supportive and many are jack asses. No, he shouldn't be surprised. Neither should the fans be surprised an athlete would point this out.

Based on the fact that long jump conditioning and football conditioning are two very different things, and doing one by definition takes away from the other. I'd think someone totally committed to football would be doing anything in their power to keep that career going, including conditioning, especially when they have played a handful of downs in 2 years.

Favorite Goodwin moment: In the middle of a game, sitting at our seats, BADOL, and I were discussing Goodwin's nickname of 'Glass', and how he came to earn it. In the next breath, Goodwin tripped on his own feet while *standing on the sidelines* and somehow, injured himself. He was hauled off in a cart, because he could not walk to the locker room under his own power. I would not wish injury on anyone, but the way the moment unfolded, was hilarious.

I really don't wish any ill will against the guy. but to yours and your comment on BADOL, he just can't seem to fit the bill Tony Dungy always said is one of the most important in "availability". There are freak accidents like when eric Wood broke his leg several years back. You can't train for and stay in shape for a broken anything. These injuries just happen.

To me he just hasn't shown the hands to make the hard catches like some guys (minus the injury Hogan while here), the durability to stay on the field, and so he is taking up a spot. I wouldn't have a dumb decision to make a joke of getting cut, when he is close to getting cut.

Maybe he turns it around in camp, and pre-season, but I'm not guessing that will happen.

I want very hard to root for Goodwin.....but he needs to understand there is a reason why bills fans are not as supportive as he wants them.

He works his tail in on doing everything he can to improve his speed because of his olympic dreams....I respect that.....but he is also drawing a paycheck from the NFL to be a wide receiver......

If his training in any way takes away from his ability to make plays for us (as in his durability) he will ALWAYS have this issue.

Now.....in all honesty his deep speed is a real asset to this team.....I hope he can find a balance.

Based on the fact that long jump conditioning and football conditioning are two very different things, and doing one by definition takes away from the other. I'd think someone totally committed to football would be doing anything in their power to keep that career going, including conditioning, especially when they have played a handful of downs in 2 years.

We don't know all the specifics of his conditioning regimen. That's my point about this entire thing. No one truly knows unless one goes and works out with him. The Bills know what he is doing and support his efforts. You really believe they would support his efforts if they thought he was not doing enough to be prepared to step on a football field? I don't. What workout would have prevented his ribs from getting broken when a guy jumped on him after he was laying on the ground? What workout prevents a concussion?

Look, I get it. He is always hurt and therefore has not been as productive as the fans would like. That does not mean he isn't committed. It also doesn't mean he isn't physically prepared to play. He could just be one of those people whose body can't take the pounding of the NFL. I wish him well. If he doesn't play or play well this year he probably will be out. I hope he makes the Olympic team. It would be a great honor for him to make the team again and try to medal.

All that aside, it was April Fools and there is no doubt that some took the opportunity to jump on him and insult him. If it hadn't been a joke, and he was actually cut, what would be the purpose of insulting him on the way out the door? Says more about those people than it does about Flash.

I want very hard to root for Goodwin.....but he needs to understand there is a reason why bills fans are not as supportive as he wants them.

He works his tail in on doing everything he can to improve his speed because of his olympic dreams....I respect that.....but he is also drawing a paycheck from the NFL to be a wide receiver......

If his training in any way takes away from his ability to make plays for us (as in his durability) he will ALWAYS have this issue.

Now.....in all honesty his deep speed is a real asset to this team.....I hope he can find a balance.

Track athletes do lift weights. They don't lift to get bulky, but for strength. As he is not playing on the line or in the front 7, that's fine for a WR. His employer allows him to pursue track activities, but the fans have an issue?

Edited by purple haze

We don't know all the specifics of his conditioning regimen. That's my point about this entire thing. No one truly knows unless one goes and works out with him. The Bills know what he is doing and support his efforts. You really believe they would support his efforts if they thought he was not doing enough to be prepared to step on a football field? I don't. What workout would have prevented his ribs from getting broken when a guy jumped on him after he was laying on the ground? What workout prevents a concussion?

Look, I get it. He is always hurt and therefore has not been as productive as the fans would like. That does not mean he isn't committed. It also doesn't mean he isn't physically prepared to play. He could just be one of those people whose body can't take the pounding of the NFL. I wish him well. If he doesn't play or play well this year he probably will be out. I hope he makes the Olympic team. It would be a great honor for him to make the team again and try to medal.

All that aside, it was April Fools and there is no doubt that some took the opportunity to jump on him and insult him. If it hadn't been a joke, and he was actually cut, what would be the purpose of insulting him on the way out the door? Says more about those people than it does about Flash.

Track athletes do lift weights. They don't lift to get bulky, but for strength. As he is not playing on the line or in the front 7, that's fine for a WR. His employer allows him to pursue track activities, but the fans have an issue?

The muscle issues are very possibly(likely) due to having too much lean muscle. Flash has built his body specifically for track events.....not for being able to withstand the contact/resistance and start and stop action of football.

The rib issue was the result of inexplicably running back toward the DL while cutting across the field.........the product of a lack of understanding of the position which was likely the result of the preparation he hasn't done.

You rarely see a receiver do something like that....which is why you don't see 320# DL belly flopping on them and breaking their ribs.

He is tolerated by the Bills because he is a VERY talented receiver.

He's not a ham-handed, no ball-talent speedster projection like Bucky Brooks or TJ Graham.

Goodwin is as fast as any player in the league, super quick, cuts on a dime, has both inside and outside ability, can track the football and has good hands.

If he focused on his game I think he could actually stay on the field and produce.

Once he faceplants in his gold medal bid maybe he will focus on his game and that upcoming free agent $$$$$ opportunity.

For now, he's kinda' been holding the Bills hostage by not being football ready and being unwilling to play hurt because he doesn't want to get a chronic injury and lose that edge he needs to compete with other athletes that DON'T play physical sports in the long jump.

Don't kid yourself that they are happy with him, they are tolerating the nonsense in hopes of him playing to his exceptional ability....and being that his indiscretion is following an olympic dream rather than no-showing or getting in trouble with the law.....they have an excuse to redshirt him that they can sell in the locker room. Guarantee NGAS in that building about his olympic dreams.