49ers Hire Chip Kelly as New HC

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people talk like Chip Kelly doesn't have a winning record as an NFL head coach after 3 seasons

No, people talk like Chip Kelly got himself fired despite a winning record as an NFL head coach after three seasons.

Let the conspiracy theorists begin their thoughts.

Tomsula was such a horrible hire by the 49ers it was an interim hire. Kelly depletes the Eagles talent pool left and right. gets himself fired, so he can go back out west and be where he wants to be.

Well done. That conspiracy is creative, it has feet. You should refine your portfolio, and go to places like this http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

:)

Chip's offense design is more suited for college, not the NFL.

Maybe time will prove me wrong on this. But I think this hire is another mis-step by SF.

Chip needs a mobile QB. He was able to get away with it with Foles - DeSean - Shady because Foles to DeSean was one of the best deep connections in the league that year and Shady could make up for more on his own than Murray could. With Bradford and the receivers they had there was zero threat of Bradford running and very little vertical threat as well.

Maybe he learned a valuable lesson about people skills....

There's at least one lesson learned. Stay out of personnel matters and confine your "genius" to coaching your players.

@RapSheet

Trent Baalke will maintain his power as the GM in charge of personnel. For the #49ers, Chip Kelly will just coach. Which is good.

I think this seals the deal for where Kapernick (sp?) plays. He is a prototypical Chip Kelly QB.

Likely a huge factor in Chip being hired. Kaepernick will be reclamation project #1.

Someone disagrees.

@Cianaf

Why Kaepernick isn't a good fit for the offense Kelly ran during his first two seasons: 1.http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2013/film-room-kaepernick-newton

2. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2014/film-room-colin-kaepernick-and-teddy-bridgewater

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@RapSheet

As he plotted potential moves & his next @NFL stop, Chip Kelly was trying to figure out how to trade for/sign Colin Kaepernick. No need now.

.@MikeMayock on Chip Kelly's hire for #49ers QB Colin Kaepernick: "One of the best things that's happened for him." Totally agree. New life.

#49ers GM Trent Baalke sat down with Colin Kaepernick before the season ended. That olive branch may prove incredibly valuable going forward

@NFL

"I think for Colin Kaepernick's career, it's one of the best things that could have happened." - @MikeMayock http://snpy.tv/1Q8OugW

Poor Marrone's diary. It's going to take a beating tonight.

:D

edit - oh, and i think Kelly's gonna do really well there. like Carrol moving up the coastline, Chip's very familiar with the talent pool in that region. bet he drafts the Cal junior QB.

Edited by BackInDaDay

Chip's offense design is more suited for college, not the NFL.

Maybe time will prove me wrong on this. But I think this hire is another mis-step by SF.

Agreed. Heard that Kelly's offense never progressed to a complexity required in the NFL. Too often defenses knew what was coming.

lol this should be fun

CBF

Yeah, it really should be.

I think this seals the deal for where Kapernick (sp?) plays. He is a prototypical Chip Kelly QB.

I bet RG3 is his guy. Word was that he was ready to jump at him if Washington released him last year.

Kind of amusing that Bills fans, of all people, are faulting the Niners hire. Last I looked, and based on record, Kelly is a much much better hire that our very own P. T. Ryan.

Sure, Kelly is a boring guy, a coach who demands much of his players and gets rid of those who don't fit his quirky philosophy, and is also a coach who is followed closely by other coaches and GMs.

Remind you of any other coaches? Like Belichick? Who also failed in his first head coaching job.

I know this, if I could only hire one or the other chubby Irishman to run my team, it wouldn't be P. T.

Kind of amusing that Bills fans, of all people, are faulting the Niners hire. Last I looked, and based on record, Kelly is a much much better hire that our very own P. T. Ryan.

Sure, Kelly is a boring guy, a coach who demands much of his players and gets rid of those who don't fit his quirky philosophy, and is also a coach who is followed closely by other coaches and GMs.

Remind you of any other coaches? Like Belichick? Who also failed in his first head coaching job.

I know this, if I could only hire one or the other chubby Irishman to run my team, it wouldn't be P. T.

RR has one season.

CK had several (3?).

False equivalence.

Isn't this the same ownership that didn't like the personalities of Nolan, Singletary and Harbaugh?

So...you hire Chip Kelly?

Well yes... you are correct.

I did time on the West Coast, and learned the West Coast has different metrics.

East coast = what have you done this year. West coast = what have you done anytime (ganja no matter).