D&C takes on the Buffalo News

Casey D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Articles today by Roth and Maiorana basically calling BS on the Sully, Bucky and Carucci tabloid reporting. Nothing better than a good old media cat fight.

The BN stumbled badly this season. They as much as anyone bought into the ore and early season Rex euphoria. Now at the close of the season they are acting like a bunch of clueless bandwagon fans hoping to scoop the rest of Bills media circus.

I guess they called the BN out, though I thought it was tactfully done. Just a fair critique and opinion piece.

It was done quite professionally. But "reading between the lines" as Sully says when he makes stuff up, the restraint was plainly out of professional courtesy.

i still say russ brandon is the source. who else has the inside info and balls to leak stuff.

the going "rogue" leak smacks of russ being upset over screwing M&T out of their big AD campaign with fred......without advanced notice.

maybe T Pegs told russ that rex and whaley have a year to get it right, but never told doug & rex......allowing T Pegs to call BS on Vic's story of him personally giving them an ultimatum. again, russ getting a message out to sponsors & season ticket holders that we are not going to put up with losing for long (selling hope).

russ brandon is pretty much the only source left at OBD with a history that dates back to Vic's earlier days at the BN.

Edited by papazoid

ABOUT TIME!!!

the BUFFALO NEWS is a joke,, they have been plagerizing articles for years!!! the so called sports team is nothing but a tabloid reporters ,i doubt there has been a original thought in a decade .

its great for someone calling them out ,,the used the .. " source" ...to impune players , coaches and ownership in teams here,

in others words they have flat lied repeatedly ,and gotten away with it!

The real shame is that national media (NFL.com, SI.com, and CBS Sports.com) all picked up Vic's BS as if it were legitimate. It's not the first time they have been burned by Vic this season. He has really slipped since his return to TBN.

PTI... also picked it up as a discussion item yesterday.

Vic Carucci is completely out of touch. He was great for us in the 90's but time to move on

+1

I remember when Carucci reported that there was a strong possibility that Cordy Glenn would be moved to guard, Henderson would move to LT and Kouandjio would be at RT.. just because Glenn took a few snaps at guard during training camp or OTAs. That was absurd...

I think Vic is spread a little too thin these days ( he does a lot of work on Sirius NFL channel.. ( poorly I may add)) and I think most of his "inside source" stories have been off base.

Sully has always been knee jerk so I don't really read any of his stuff. I think Carucci used to have a good reputation but he pretty much sunk it this year being back at BN.

I know Tim Graham is hated by many for his Twitter banter.. but at least he is a good writer and for the most part his "inside source" stories tend to hold weight and he did a great job with inside reporting on the sale of the team and also with the Darryl Talley story. I doubt he'll go back to the beat job though as he probably likes what he's doing now writing longer pieces.

Edited by Bocephuz

all you amateur media critics crack me the hell up.

Wait...are you a "professional media critic"? In fact...is there such a thing as a professional media critic? Aren't we (as the consumer) allowed to render an opinion on those who profess to report the news? As such, yes we are amateurs by virtue of the fact that we are witnessing "professionals" removing toes from their own mouths.

Let's hope BN recovers from this and tightens up their content. Fans need multiple reliable sources.

Articles today by Roth and Maiorana basically calling BS on the Sully, Bucky and Carucci tabloid reporting. Nothing better than a good old media cat fight.

Cat fight ... gave me a good visual.

Peterman: Well, I see what's going on in here. I am smack dab in the middle of a good old fashioned cat fight.

Elaine: Mr. Petermen, this is not a cat fight. This is violent psychotic behavior directed at me all because I told her to swing her arms.

Peterman: Woof!

Elaine: Do you mean "reer?"

Petermen: Yes, that's the one! Good day Elaine. [Leaves.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEdPV-mh1js

I think there is another word you could use that is more concise and appropriate than "amateur media critic".

It is "customer", and typically when customers are critical and point out flaws in the product, it does not bode well for the fortunes of the company selling that product. Even if the company or its employees laughs at the customers and loudly declaims that "those aren't flaws, you're just laughable amateurs".

Just sayin'

Agreed. It's absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing. We need to stick to diagnosing players' injuries and leave the media critiques to the professionals.

Let's hope BN recovers from this and tightens up their content. Fans need multiple reliable sources.

Cat fight ... gave me a good visual.

Peterman: Well, I see what's going on in here. I am smack dab in the middle of a good old fashioned cat fight.

Elaine: Mr. Petermen, this is not a cat fight. This is violent psychotic behavior directed at me all because I told her to swing her arms.

Peterman: Woof!

Elaine: Do you mean "reer?"

Petermen: Yes, that's the one! Good day Elaine. [Leaves.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEdPV-mh1js

LOL. Best show ever

not one person here knows that carrucci made it up or was lied to. but sooooo many kneejerk reactions...and assumptions of guilt.

just because pegula denies it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. it also could have been that carrucci's source embellished. there's really no way to know for sure and we probably never will. it's also entirley possible that two different peoiple with knowledge of the conversation had completely different interpretations of what it meant.

without a transcript, who could know?

but boy oh boy does every little thing spark a shitstorm of squealing and bleating and finger-pointing by some of you guys. it's hilarious.

vic carrucci doesn't need me to speak up for him. i haven't wasted a moment this year trying to keep score about whose gossip was proven true and whose wasn't ...but it's comical that so many of you do.

but if carrucci does bother to write about this again, he'll probably stand by his source. i just want to know who thinks what here...

a. he made it up

b. he was "intentionally" lied to so he'd look bad (i'm sure everyone at OBD sits around cooking up plots to embarrass sportswriters...because they don't have enough to do).

c. he's so sad about not being "connected" (since, you know, the 90s are just never coming back) that he quoted a janitor or someone like that.

The real shame is that national media (NFL.com, SI.com, and CBS Sports.com) all picked up Vic's BS as if it were legitimate. It's not the first time they have been burned by Vic this season. He has really slipped since his return to TBN.

Absolutely. I think there's a lot of pressure on them to drive readership. This kind of crap though drives readers away.

Vic Carucci is completely out of touch. He was great for us in the 90's but time to move on.

That may well be, but it is not really in our direct control now, is it?

not one person here knows that carrucci made it up or was lied to. but sooooo many kneejerk reactions...and assumptions of guilt.

just because pegula denies it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. it also could have been that carrucci's source embellished. there's really no way to know for sure and we probably never will. it's also entirley possible that two different peoiple with knowledge of the conversation had completely different interpretations of what it meant.

but boy oh boy does every little thing spark a shitstorm of squealing and bleating and finger-pointing by some of you guys. it's hilarious.

vic carrucci doesn't need me to speak up for him. i haven't wasted a moment this year trying to keep score about whose gossip was proven true and whose wasn't ...but it's comical that so many of you do.

but if carrucci does bother to write about this again, he'll probably stand by his source. i just want to know who thinks what here...

a. he made it up

b. he was "intentionally" lied to so he'd look bad (i'm sure everyone at OBD sits around cooking up plots to embarrass sportswriters...because they don't have enough to do).

c. he's so sad about not being "connected" (since, you know, the 90s are just never coming back) that he quoted a janitor or someone like that.

Headline #1: Whaley and Rex are given ultimatum (watch the fans scurry about)...Headline #2: Whaley and Pegula have agreed on a multi-year extension. I don't need a freaking transcript to figure out that Carucci shot his load on the first headline and it backfired. Your argument in defense of Headline #1 is laughable. Carucci cried wolf and his credibility is slowly falling to the Schefter-level announcing Doug Marrone as the next coach of the Jets.

Headline #1: Whaley and Rex are given ultimatum (watch the fans scurry about)...Headline #2: Whaley and Pegula have agreed on a multi-year extension. I don't need a freaking transcript to figure out that Carucci shot his load on the first headline and it backfired. Your argument in defense of Headline #1 is laughable. Carucci cried wolf and his credibility is slowly falling to the Schefter-level announcing Doug Marrone as the next coach of the Jets.

CYDCGJpUkAA_pXN.jpg

Gannett owns both the D&C and WGRZ, with both combining their sports people to report on the Bills. So Gannett, in terms of Bills coverage, competes with the BN who they don't own.

Stating that the D&C "take on" the BN is hilarious when confronted with this fact.

Gannett owns both the D&C and WGRZ, with both combining their sports people to report on the Bills. So Gannett, in terms of Bills coverage, competes with the BN who they don't own.

Stating that the D&C "take on" the BN is hilarious when confronted with this fact.

Not anymore. Gannett split its print and broadcast properties into two separate companies last year. But there are still professional relationships between the two sides.

a. he made it up

Well thank the baby Jesus you're above this whole fray. I take a lot of comfort in that.

i see the point got right by you again. I'M NOT defending it headline 1. But unlike you guys, I'm not pretending to know what actually happened. and i'm not using the fact that 2 stories conflict to come down on 1 side in favor of another. that's for you gossipy girls to do.

Carrucci could just as easily (or more likely, I'd say) been given his info by someone who's not under pressure to safe face...the polar opposite of rex/whaley/pegula! it's also possible Rex/Whaley have both bickered/disagreed AND grown close over this year. I'm guessing none of you have ever worked on a coaching staff? It's pretty typical. It's also possible Pegula could have sat them both down and said something like "look guys, I'm extending Doug because I want this to work, but A,B and C have blown up in our faces and you both need to do better."

Besides, Pegula's own actions in the past prove that BOTH stories could be true. He extended Darcy right before he fired him!

Well thank the baby Jesus you're above this whole fray. I take a lot of comfort in that.

Your comfort is to me, so that is gratifying.

I still like yesterdays theory that the Bills are throwing stuff around OBD to track down where these leaks are coming from.

Could be. We did this at work once. We confided a unique piece of made-up data with a suspected leaker.

The data ended up in general population within 2 hours. We then had a serious conversation with the loose-lips employee.

I know Tim Graham is hated by many for his Twitter banter.. but at least he is a good writer and for the most part his "inside source" stories tend to hold weight and he did a great job with inside reporting on the sale of the team and also with the Darryl Talley story. I doubt he'll go back to the beat job though as he probably likes what he's doing now writing longer pieces.

All Timmah wants to do is win Pulitzers. He doesn't give a rat's ass about the Bills or their fans -- and I'm not saying he should, just that it is obvious. His M.O. is to find the latest disgruntled current or ex-Bill and write up a sob story piece about what a great guy they are and feed public sentiment that the Bills are the bad guys. He has done it time and time again.

i see the point got right by you again. I'M NOT defending it headline 1. But unlike you guys, I'm not pretending to know what actually happened. and i'm not using the fact that 2 stories conflict to come down on 1 side in favor of another. that's for you gossipy girls to do.

Carrucci could just as easily (or more likely, I'd say) been given his info by someone who's not under pressure to safe face...the polar opposite of rex/whaley/pegula! it's also possible Rex/Whaley have both bickered/disagreed AND grown close over this year. I'm guessing none of you have ever worked on a coaching staff? It's pretty typical. It's also possible Pegula could have sat them both down and said something like "look guys, I'm extending Doug because I want this to work, but A,B and C have blown up in our faces and you both need to do better."

Besides, Pegula's own actions in the past prove that BOTH stories could be true. He extended Darcy right before he fired him!

Your comfort is to me, so that is gratifying.

My point (which you fail to comprehend due to the tight tinfoil hat on your head) is that you and Sully/Carucci rely on moon phases, jetstreams and a bottle of chicken bones to come up with opinions. I suppose conjecture now trumps actual facts.

Wait...are you a "professional media critic"? In fact...is there such a thing as a professional media critic? Aren't we (as the consumer) allowed to render an opinion on those who profess to report the news? As such, yes we are amateurs by virtue of the fact that we are witnessing "professionals" removing toes from their own mouths.

You don't understand. The Bills Truthers and their very own Donald Trump, Sully...are the only ones who see the truth.