A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

1) Watkins is making a strong case to be considered one of the top receivers in the NFL. Revis couldn't do much to stop him now could he? 11 receptions for 136 yds. was amazing under the circumstances.

2) Did anybody notice that the Jets were unable to goad Incognito into a fight and/or penalty? Later, Tyrod pulled Mills away from a fight. When did this team become disciplined? Today, during game 16? Unbelievable.

3) I hope my friend John C is reading this. Tyrod HAS to be a running quarterback, at least for now and the near future. He is SUCH a good and clutch runner it would be criminal to hold him back.

4) I want to be happy like Todd Bowles. I mean this. It would be cool to be like him and live my life with the same smile, no matter what is happening. I wonder if he is on meds. Or, does he have the world's greatest therapist?

5) You folks know that I am fond of Corey Graham as a player, but how did he drop what would have been a pick-6 in the first quarter?

6) Life may be sweeter for this, I don't know.

Feels like it might be alright.

While Lady Lullaby sings plainly for you,

Love still, rings true.

Midnight on a carousel ride,

Reaching for the gold ring, down inside.

Never could reach,

It just slips away,

But I try!

7) Let's talk about effort: How about the clutch 3rd and 2 run by Karlos? That kid is as strong as an ox, has good speed, and is a player who is very easy to be a fan of. I really do hope he stays healthy next year because he is quite the weapon.

8) Did you see the players after Mario had the sack? They looked as if they were thrilled to see him trying. Then again, I might read into this stuff a bit too much.

9) I am not sold on Rex Ryan as a coach. Far from it but let's give credit where it's due. He coached a fine game today.

10) What caused the pick by Lawson right after the deuce? Wait, I know.....PASS RUSH!!! Dareus rushed him, crushed him, and made him throw early. Why on earth did we have to wait for game 16 to see this?

11) This kid Salas has some heart, no?

12) I know it was a nice hit but we are VERY lucky that Thompkins dropped that pass.

13) Well, here we are again. Our season is over and we missed the playoffs yet again. Still, there is a lot to talk about this off season. The Bills are a bit of a train wreck, but I for one think we can turn it around with some luck, work, and a big dose of common sense.

14) Thanks everybody for the wonderful dialogue about this team that we care so much about. There is no better place to talk about the Bills. Next year, my last post of the season will be about a post season game. Be well everyone and God bless.

15) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

1) Watkins is making a strong case to be considered one of the top receivers in the NFL. Revis couldn't do much to stop him now could he? 11 receptions for 136 yds. was amazing under the circumstances.

2) Did anybody notice that the Jets were unable to goad Incognito into a fight and/or penalty? Later, Tyrod pulled Mills away from a fight. When did this team become disciplined? Today, during game 16? Unbelievable.

3) I hope my friend John C is reading this. Tyrod HAS to be a running quarterback, at least for now and the near future. He is SUCH a good and clutch runner it would be criminal to hold him back.

4) I want to be happy like Todd Bowles. I mean this. It would be cool to be like him and live my life with the same smile, no matter what is happening. I wonder if he is on meds. Or, does he have the world's greatest therapist.

5) You folks know that I am fond of Corey Graham as a player, but how did he drop what would have been a pick-6 in the first quarter?

Love still, rings true.

Never could reach,

It just slips away,

But I try!

7) Let's talk about effort: How about the clutch 3rd and 2 run by Karlos? That kid is as strong as an ox, has good speed, and is a player who is very easy to be a fan of. I really do hope he stays healthy next year because he is quite the weapon.

8) Did you see the players after Mario had the sack? They looked as if they were thrilled to see him trying. Then again, I might read into this stuff a bit too much.

9) I am not sold on Rex Ryan as a coach. Far from it but let's give credit where it's due. He coached a fine game today.

10) What caused the pick by Lawson right after the deuce? Wait, I know.....PASS RUSH!!! Dareus rushed him, crushed him, and made him throw early. Why on earth did we have to wait for game 16 to see this?

12) I know it was a nice hit but we are VERY lucky that Thompkins dropped that pass.

13) Well, here we are again. Our season is over and we missed the playoffs yet again. Still, there is a lot to talk about this off season. The Bills are a bit of a train wreck, but I for one think we can turn it around with some luck, work, and a big dose of common sense.

14) Thanks everybody for the wonderful dialogue about this team that we care so much about. There is no better place to talk about the Bills. Next year, my last post of the season will be about a post season game. Be well everyone and God bless.

15) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12) Nice PBU by Butler. Saved us from a crushing loss.

Nice break up but terrible coverage.

I'll also be a devil's advocate and say that I didn't love the pass break up. It worked, but he barely knicked the ball and almost let the receiver walk into the end zone.

He had an easier opportunity to force Thompkins out at the 35 yard line, where the Jets still would have only had 17 second and no timeouts.

Is it terrible coverage if you're still able to come back and make the play? I get that he was out of position, but he did come back to make something happen. It was dangerously close to being a bobble catch, but we were fortunate it was not. Butler made some plays today and I like him as a reserve CB.

TT is a leader and I was glad to see him running mostly smart and throwing some slants. He and Sammy will be awesome young leaders for this offense.

Salas played tough and I wonder what his potential is next year. Some were saying he is not a good blocker, but I didn't see any evidence for or against those claims.

Did Hankerson even play? Or did we just scoop him up so we could try him out this offseason?

Edited by Big C

Agreed, but I've seen posters here (and on a Jets' board) calling it a "drop." It wasn't a drop, it was, luckily, broken up.

The praise for salas is predictable lol. It's too funny sometimes. Him and hogan and their high motors and HEART

Or could it be because he had a few drive extending, clutch catches? I doubt he's on the team next year but he had a part in the win today.

Agreed, but I've seen posters here (and on a Jets' board) calling it a "drop." It wasn't a drop, it was, luckily, broken up.

Yep. He knocked him hard which caused the miss. But how can you leave a guy that wide open on a fly pattern in that particular circumstance when it's basically the only way they can beat you.

Is it terrible coverage if you're still able to come back and make the play? I get that he was out of position, but he did come back to make something happen. It was dangerously close to being a bobble catch, but we were fortunate it was not. Butler made some plays today and I like him as a reserve CB.

TT is a leader and I was glad to see him running mostly smart and throwing some slants. He and Sammy will be awesome young leaders for this offense.

Salas played tough and I wonder what his potential is next year. Some were saying he is not a good blocker, but I didn't see any evidence for or against those claims.

Did Hankerson even play? Or did we just scoop him up so we could try him out this offseason?

Salas' potential is waiver wire if the Bills have a healthy receiving corp. I'm glad he played well today though and appreciate his efforts.

Yep. He knocked him hard which caused the miss. But how can you leave a guy that wide open on a fly pattern in that particular circumstance when it's basically the only way they can beat you.

Yeah, when I saw the ball go up and looked down field I couldn't believe how wide open he was.

That run was crazy — he's hit by two guys, keeps churning his legs. Somehow keeps moving forward. Really impressive.

Mario looked about the same as I have seen the rest of the season.

Our play calls were just odd. On defense we rushed all first half and succeeded very well. The second half we stopped and sat back. It almost cost us the game.

4) I want to be happy like Todd Bowles. I mean this. It would be cool to be like him and live my life with the same smile, no matter what is happening. I wonder if he is on meds. Or, does he have the world's greatest therapist?

Love still, rings true.

Never could reach,

It just slips away,

But I try!

Fantastic one to end the season Bill. Gave a fantastic off-season.... re-charge your batteries and I look forward to reading you again in 2016.

Mario looked about the same as I have seen the rest of the season.

Our play calls were just odd. On defense we rushed all first half and succeeded very well. The second half we stopped and sat back. It almost cost us the game.

The two blitzes in the redzone were bad calls though. I think it was a better game than many we have seen defensively. But we need to be much more consistent next year.

The praise for salas is predictable lol. It's too funny sometimes. Him and hogan and their high motors and HEART

He was the second leading receiver on the team today and made some clutch plays.

Your innuendo was not called for, but if saying something this dumb makes you feel better about yourself or just good in general, I am happy for you.

I'm not sold on him either and for the life of me can't comprehend as to why this new owner is still sold on him after so many issues with the team this season and it wasn't on the offense.

The Bills did well against Dallas QB Kellen Moore last week too. If Romo had played and the Jets had an actual NFL starting QB the Bills still lose those last two games despite the better play and coaching IMO.

I love what Greg Roman has done with the offense this year!

He was the second leading receiver on the team today and made some clutch plays.

Your innuendo was not called for, but if saying something this dumb makes you feel better about yourself or just good in general, I am happy for you.

Hmmm. Why single out Salas for having "heart?"

It's predictable and silly

agreed with you Bill - the disparaging description of Salas & Hogan by Crayola64 was in fact dumb. No value add whatsoever.

Thanks for all your great posts, Bill. I enjoy reading them every week, and they've certainly become a "must read" for me after the game.

Have a great off-season, and already looking forward to more great posts for the 2016 season!

2016, the drought ends!

Edited by smuvtalker

Now that we're talking about heart, how about that Dareus play at the end getting to Fitz and causing the pick.

That's what you call digging deep and kicking ass. He's such a strong dude, nice to see him end the season like that, tossing a 300 pound NFL guard.

The most astounding thing today: I thought Rex outcoached Bowles. The Jets stepped up with the idiotic penalties/forced timeouts (10 men on the field on offense?) including the Richie-baiting PF. Yes, Salas is the NFL version of a replacement-level WR, but let's give the guy some credit -- he came in and did every bit as well as Robert Woods in that role, which probably says as much about Woods as it does about Salas. Players who just may have earned themselves another season in a Bills uniform:

- Gragg. Nice work blocking from what I could see, and I think he has enough ability to work himself into the passing game next year.

- Lawson. The last couple weeks he's really stood out from an effort and ball sense perspective.

- Tarpley. Somehow the defense got better with him in there instead of Bradham. (as with Salas, this may be more about Bradham)

- Gillislie. Awful stats - 24 carries, 28 yards. Boobie would've got at least 38, right? But he showed he can hold up to that workload, which is something that Karlos has yet to show. RB is set for next year.

- oh, and as for Dixon. Throws a nice forward pass-style lateral. Who knew?

Now that we're talking about heart, how about that Dareus play at the end getting to Fitz and causing the pick.

That's what you call digging deep and kicking ass. He's such a strong dude, nice to see him end the season like that, tossing a 300 pound NFL guard.

This has been my complaint all season. I watched Dareus week after week since he has been in college. He is not made to go back in pass coverage.

When you draft a player at #3 and then give him 100 million dollars you should let him do what he is good at.

Marcel Dareus is good at disruption.

I agree Bill. If he coaches every game like he's playing the Jets then yes, he is the guy for the job.

Love still, rings true.

Never could reach,

It just slips away,

But I try!

Great comments as always my friend!