This season 100% comes down to coaching, nothing more

Virgil

The more I think about the talent on this roster. The more I think about how the entire identity of this this team has changed in offensive and defensive style. And the more I look at what other teams are doing with their level of talent.....

The more I can only blame the coaching for this joke of a season.

What do we have on our team? A defense that can absolutely be top 3 and was proven last year. We have a QB that, if you look at stats, is good enough to get the job done. We have a top RB, WR, and TE. All of this together is more than enough to get it done in the league this season. Now granted, other teams will make the playoffs this year because their division is crap and they don't have an undefeated team tearing it up ahead of them. But that's not making us 5-6.

And for those who want to say that it takes a team a while to learn a new system, there are other head coaches and teams doing it too. Not enough of an excuse for our record.

End of the day, we are in worse shape than last year and I could strongly argue that we have a better overall roster. Coaches don't make the plays, but they put players in the position to win and motivate them to execute. Rex's teams have always been sloppy. Roman's team have always hampered WR's. And while I'm on Roman, take that play where the QB slides to one side of the field, hoping to throw or run it in, and throw is the !@#$ out. It worked one time for EJ and that's it. It's failed countless other times.

I firmly believe that, while I can't stand how it ended, but if we had this roster with the same coaching staff as last year, we are at least 7-4 right now. It's Rex, it's Roman, it's this stand-in DC, and I don't know how to believe that next year or any year with Rex as coach will be any different.

Russ Brandon has his work cut out for him in selling this team to the fans next year

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the supposed "defensive genius" took the top 2 or 3 defense in the entire NFL from last year and put us at the bottom half. nice work Rex. our personnel didn't suit his scheme but he's incapable of changing things up because it doesn't follow the blueprint that he daddy taught him. so he has great pass rushers dropping into coverage trying to cover running backs and receivers in the flat, they have 22 yr old Preston Brown calling the plays (Ray Lewis he is not), and a handful of former Jets players that aren't any good but are getting significant playing time. maybe the NY media was right. it's only a matter of time before Rex gets found out and labeled a fraud and that time is getting near

I firmly believe that, while I can't stand how it ended, but if we had this roster with the same coaching staff as last year, we are at least 7-4 right now. It's Rex, it's Roman, it's this stand-in DC, and I don't know how to believe that next year or any year with Rex as coach will be any different.

Maroon took that decision out of our hands.

I 100% disagree.

This was a poorly assembled roster by Whaley who blew assets and grossly overpaid for skill positions yet negleted the o-line and QB. He also negleted adding quality depth to an aging and declining defense. This really is an 8-8/9-7 roster.

Aging and declining defense? Outside of Kyle Williams, who is aging? Mario? Manny?

I 100% disagree.

This was a poorly assembled roster by Whaley who blew assets and grossly overpaid for skill positions yet negleted the o-line and QB. He also negleted adding quality depth to an aging and declining defense. This really is an 8-8/9-7 roster.

I challenge you with the Pats offensive line. And I still think we have top 5 talent on the defensive line, including our depth

Players gotta make plays. Blame coaching all you want if that makes you feel better, but Rex doesn't tackle, or catch or personal foul or hold or fumble.

Give me smart players, make better decisions on intelligence and mental capacity and you'll have a better team. Draft guys like McKelvin and you waste first round picks being blinded by skill with a peanut brain.

I 100% disagree.

McKelvin is our 4th CB. Charles Bryant is a backup DT. Rambo is like the 4th string safety......and we dont have depth of defense? Where are we aging? That comment was totally off base. Our D is stacked with studs.

The only thing that makes sense that you said was the OL. We definitely should have focused there more. BUT at the same time, he replaced 2 of the 5 starters, or 40%, this off season.

The QB neglect is a multiple year problem which pre-dates Whaley altogether.

I look at the your "coaching sucks" from 3 phases.

Special Teams: no argument from me, i think they've underperformed with the exception of our surprise pro bowler Colton. I could see Crossman being replaced.

offense: i honestly think an offensive system takes a full season to get rolling, especially Roman's complex schemes and having a qb who has started zero games until this season. Im skeptical because Shady, Clay and Sammy are all top 10 at their position talent wise, and our Oline (except Henderson) is pretty good, yet we usually don't put up enough points with these guys to pull out the close games.

Roman needs to get his freaking plays in earlier though. TT never has a hard count chance to draw offsides because he's battling the play clock. Cost us a penalty today too. Fix that tomorrow.

Defense: I can't believe Darby has turned out so solid this soon, and Gilmore has finally turned the corner to reliable. It seemed like our only offseason worry. Our penalties are ridiculous, but we've had some good games like NE last week with no Kyle, Mario or Aaron Williams.

Not sure if Rex or Thurman called this game but that 8 man front blitz in the 4th they were SO ready for from watching Pats game film, bad call by our coaches. And some bad no challenge calls too.

There can't be simple solutions like so many of us like to post here. These coaches are at the top of their profession and have had winning playoff squads, there isn't a poster on this board that knows 5% of what Rex or Roman knows about NFL football. Its hard to say they suck if we don't have the understanding of the game and why they're coaching the way they do.

My vote is one more year for everyone except maybe Crossman.

The coaching has definitely been the reason this season has been so disappointing.

If you are going to have the 17th-20th ranked D in the league you gotta' be a QB driven team.

Imagine what this season would look like if Taylor hadn't emerged and they were trying to ground and pound with Cassel at QB. :lol:

I think the defensive injuries are a product of the system as well.

Poor coordination lead to a lot more snaps for the front and Mario and KW aren't two-gap anchor players and the sideline-to-sideline mileage was bound to catch up to Bradham.

Terrible use of personnel by the defensive coaching staff and the special teams have been poorly coached and a huge disappointment as well.

If you want to sell this team to the fans next year, get a head coach who can coach. Talk doesn't win games; knowing how to coach does. Ask Mr. B. what it's all about. He may not answer because talk is not cheap for him; he wins by silently coaching, year after year.

^ This

Allan in MD made one of my points for me. All you had to do was listen to Rex blather on in his post-game presser today; speaking very opaqualry

^ This

Allan in MD made one of my points for me. All you had to do was listen to Rex blather on in his post-game presser today; speaking very opaqualry

by giving some gobbledeygook answers about what went wrong today; talking about some schemes in Coach-babble while heaping praise on the Chiefs for "making a few more plays than we did". And his answers for challenging or not challenging certain plays were laughable.

I was driving home from Florida to GA today during the game and was able to sneak in some peeks on my phone. My main takeaways from this team, this year, are as follows:

• complete underachievement of the talent on this roster, due in part to the neutering of the D by Rex's imposition of his vision (square peg/round hole) - then an admission around week 10 that he did it incorrectly. Great game plan against Brady, then the Bills can't lay a hand on Alex Smith.
  • The players like Rex b/c he creates a warm familial feeling, but holds no one to account and refuses to call anyone out publicly, except the kicker. Yeah, that works Rex.
  • Complete lack of discipline and self-control which leads to way too many penalties esp. at the worst times. This lack of discipline invites mistakes and permeates itself from the top down. There is a reason why the best teams find ways to win & the worst ones find ways to lose, like today.
  • It dawned on me today with one word: PROFESSIONALISM. This team has talent but is not professional in conducting its business, and is not put in positions to maximize its skill sets. This is directly on Rex and his staff; i.e., calling a sweep around left end for Cement Shoes Boobie? Even Rich Gannon sniffed that one out quickly. Not getting the ball to Sammy in 2H was criminal; Roman had a hot hand with Sammy and lost it. He could have used a myriad of means to get him the ball: bubble screens, quick slants/outs, etc.
  • As I mentioned in another thread, sorry to sound like a Debbie Downer, but color me unimpressed that the Steelers lost. How pathetic that we have to hope/pray on others' outcomes so the Bills can maybe, just possibly, backdoor into to the last WC spot. And all the talk of how "easy" the Bills remaining schedule is; seriously? If nothing else, this team and its consistent underachievement should not give anyone pause for assuming anything. How far we have fallen that we used to win our division in the 90s and now we have to just have to settle for a sniff of the second WC, which seems like a complete longshot after giveaways like today's.

your nuts or been tipping a few

Why is the OP nuts? Can you name anything in terms of coaching that Rex Ryan has done with the Bills that is better than average? Or for that matter, even average? Are you telling me that a roster that is certainly no worse that last year's and almost certainly better than last year is headed toward a record that is likely worse and certainly no better than last year? What has Rex Ryan DONE, not SAID, but DONE, to suggest to you that he is a quality NFL head coach. I really want to know.

• As I mentioned in another thread, sorry to sound like a Debbie Downer, but color me unimpressed that the Steelers lost. How pathetic that we have to hope/pray on others' outcomes so the Bills can maybe, just possibly, backdoor into to the last WC spot.

I don't think we will win out so I really don't think we need to worry about a WC spot anymore. Gone. Poof. Koo Koo Cahoo type of thing.

Coaching is taking multiple DOG penalties or burning timeouts simply because your players don't hustle back after a long incompletion. Coaching is the disorganization in the two-minute drill that doesn't even call multiple plays in the huddle so when the headsets go out, you don't look like a fool making "I can't hear" charades to the sidelines. Coaching is the failure to gameplan to maximize your strengths and take advantage of the opponents weaknesses, not the other way around. Coaching is not wasting valuable challenges on insignificant plays, then failing to challenge significant ones. Coaching is having 11 men on the defense after a change of possession, not 10 so you have to waste a timeout immediately after a TV timeout. Coaching is installing a two minute-drill so you're not huddling with the clock running with 3:00 left in a game where you're trailing 30-22. Coaching is benching a player who continues to commit bonehead penalty after bonehead penalty, which inflicts maximum damage on the team each time. I could go on, but I keep throwing up in my mouth just a little more with each sentence.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

What is the difference between rex and marrone that has caused the extreme lack of discipline? Nothing. Because it was schwartz who ran the D. Stop giving marrone credit for anything.

Edit: its late and this comment only makes sense when I typed it. I understand what I mean.

Edited by PortlandiaEast

Maybe. It's as good a theory as any, I suppose. Although when you read the reactions on this board and the striking similarity to nearly every season in this futile stretch one has to wonder. Perhaps the coaching has been drastically inferior to the rest of the NFL since Wade Phillips patrolled the Bills sideline (sans headset). Or is this " great talent" assembled on the Bills just a bit overrated by fans? It sure seems to come up small in the biggest of moments time and again. You know, when the spotlight is the brightest, the critical play that isn't made. It's the dropped INT, the first down given up on third and 11, the TD allowed in just 45 seconds when the opposing offense has been stifled for almost a half. Bills fans can collectively almost pencil in the endings of these contests in numerous gut wrenching ways. Or do other teams have these blunders as well, but just have a QB that will make some big plays more often than not? Enough to win and hide the shortcomings. It could be coaching, but the Bills are on their 6th HC in fifteen years. Not every team has a Belichick. I still can't get past the fact that when I watch the highlights I see far more players make big plays on Offense for other teams. Breaking tackles, putting on great moves on a DB or LB. A quarterback just giving his playmaker a shot to go get a pass. Knowing exactly where the first down sticks are. Not fumbling. None of these things are done by a coach. If it is coaching, what's the solution? Belichick won't be available . It may just be the inferior QB play over the years. The defensive and ST failures are magnified because the Bills can rarely out score their opponents.

I 100% disagree.

Whaley can't waive a magic-wand and make a franchise QB appear. He drafted Darby, Preston Brown, Karlos Williams, stole McCoy from the Eagles, added Levitre to the O-line. Whaley did his job. Rex and the players did not do theirs.

What is the difference between rex and marrone that has caused the extreme lack of discipline? Nothing. Because it was schwartz who ran the D. Stop giving marrone credit for anything.

Edit: its late and this comment only makes sense when I typed it. I understand what I mean.

Need to bring back Schwartz, even if that means canning Rex. Rex took an extremely talented D and turned it into one that couldn't pressure Alex Smith---the definition of an "average" NFL QB.

I love rex. He was my favorite coach. I love his defenses. But i don't know what the hell is going on here. Maybe i missed something. Watching his press conference once you peel away the act and get him with his guard down he seems insecure and deflects the blame.

Today's game plan looked like a child read a scouting report that says the Chiefs throw short so he put 11 men in the box or single high safety. Every time the Chiefs saw us in cover 0 they audibled to a deep pass. If I caught on to it the first time they did it why couldn't our defense. We play a very creative zone coverage against Brady and rattle him knowing they like to throw quick passes and screens. Oh look. The Chiefs also like to throw quick passes and screens let's play cover 0 man, where one missed tackle or beat coverage is a big gain or td.

Coaching is taking multiple DOG penalties or burning timeouts simply because your players don't hustle back after a long incompletion. Coaching is the disorganization in the two-minute drill that doesn't even call multiple plays in the huddle so when the headsets go out, you don't look like a fool making "I can't hear" charades to the sidelines. Coaching is the failure to gameplan to maximize your strengths and take advantage of the opponents weaknesses, not the other way around. Coaching is not wasting valuable challenges on insignificant plays, then failing to challenge significant ones. Coaching is having 11 men on the defense after a change of possession, not 10 so you have to waste a timeout immediately after a TV timeout. Coaching is installing a two minute-drill so you're not huddling with the clock running with 3:00 left in a game where you're trailing 30-22. Coaching is benching a player who continues to commit bonehead penalty after bonehead penalty, which inflicts maximum damage on the team each time. I could go on, but I keep throwing up in my mouth just a little more with each sentence.

Excellent comment. Look, we all act like experts out there ("Rex's defensive schemes" blah blah blah...) -- I'm guilty of that too. I'll admit that I really don't know crap about this stuff but it doesn't stop me from talking about it. But I do understand things like this: lack of preparation, lack of ability to make the quick decisions that comes from repetition/preparation. That's just sound management in any field. I also understand probability and statistics reasonably well, the whole analytics thing. And Rex blew it again today - just a couple examples:

1. You always, always throw the challenge flag when there's any doubt whatsoever regarding a big game-changing play. Even if there was a 1 in 5 chance Maclin's catch would have been overturned, you gotta throw that flag. That's what it's for. The potential gain is too great to worry about saving the challenge or the timeout.

2. As a general rule, most coaches are far too conservative. But one thing we know is this: it is generally a bad idea to go for the 2 point conversion in a close game prior to the 4th quarter. The failed 2 point conversion (the one where TT seemed to think throwing it up for grabs could result in a Pick 6 or something) came too early. Kick the extra point (yeah, I know, no sure thing with Carpenter) and you're down 1 instead of 2. KC went on to kick 2 FGs, putting them up by 8 instead of 7. Sure, thanks to other inept play it wound up not mattering since the Bills never scored again. But it was bad strategy.

Whaley can't waive a magic-wand and make a franchise QB appear. He drafted Darby, Preston Brown, Karlos Williams, stole McCoy from the Eagles, added Levitre to the O-line. Whaley did his job. Rex and the players did not do theirs.

Need to bring back Schwartz, even if that means canning Rex. Rex took an extremely talented D and turned it into one that couldn't pressure Alex Smith---the definition of an "average" NFL QB.

We had Schwartz. Released him. Now it is very doubtful he would come back as anything less than a HC, his stated goal. As much as I think Schwartz is the best available option to be the "D" coach with the talent we have on this roster, I also don't think he would be a good HC for this team.

It's almost NEVER all or nothing. In this case, it's FAR more on Rex than Whaley. Rex is who we thought he was.

I agree. Rex's in game decision & game management this year has been baffling. How don't you review the Maclin catch in the first half? My god how don't you review the Hogan catch towards the end of the game. That is critical. The non use of Watkins this year. He has absolutely ruined this defense this year. They are worse in every single defensive category compared to last year. I am not going to say I was not on board with the Ryan hire but looking back the smart play would of been to give Schwartz a chance. Not the flashy choice but it would of been the better choice. This decision to hire Ryan is going to set us back a couple of years.

Like the two guys who let pick-sixes bounce off their hands today?

That kind of lousy coaching?

Yep. Most football games can be reversed by one or two plays someone makes or doesn't make. The margin between 7 wins and 10 wins can be very small.

the supposed "defensive genius" took the top 2 or 3 defense in the entire NFL from last year and put us at the bottom half. nice work Rex. our personnel didn't suit his scheme but he's incapable of changing things up because it doesn't follow the blueprint that he daddy taught him. so he has great pass rushers dropping into coverage trying to cover running backs and receivers in the flat, they have 22 yr old Preston Brown calling the plays (Ray Lewis he is not), and a handful of former Jets players that aren't any good but are getting significant playing time. maybe the NY media was right. it's only a matter of time before Rex gets found out and labeled a fraud and that time is getting near

That about sums it up right there.

Yep. Most football games can be reversed by one or two plays someone makes or doesn't make. The margin between 7 wins and 10 wins can be very small.

But let's blame the coach.

Please note: I'm not saying Rex had a good game. I'm not saying he doesn't share the blame. But you guys are !@#$ing insane if you don't think players not executing wasn't a HUGE factor in us losing.

Maybe. It's as good a theory as any, I suppose. Although when you read the reactions on this board and the striking similarity to nearly every season in this futile stretch one has to wonder. Perhaps the coaching has been drastically inferior to the rest of the NFL since Wade Phillips patrolled the Bills sideline (sans headset). Or is this " great talent" assembled on the Bills just a bit overrated by fans? It sure seems to come up small in the biggest of moments time and again. You know, when the spotlight is the brightest, the critical play that isn't made. It's the dropped INT, the first down given up on third and 11, the TD allowed in just 45 seconds when the opposing offense has been stifled for almost a half. Bills fans can collectively almost pencil in the endings of these contests in numerous gut wrenching ways. Or do other teams have these blunders as well, but just have a QB that will make some big plays more often than not? Enough to win and hide the shortcomings. It could be coaching, but the Bills are on their 6th HC in fifteen years. Not every team has a Belichick. I still can't get past the fact that when I watch the highlights I see far more players make big plays on Offense for other teams. Breaking tackles, putting on great moves on a DB or LB. A quarterback just giving his playmaker a shot to go get a pass. Knowing exactly where the first down sticks are. Not fumbling. None of these things are done by a coach. If it is coaching, what's the solution? Belichick won't be available . It may just be the inferior QB play over the years. The defensive and ST failures are magnified because the Bills can rarely out score their opponents.

This post is a fantastic summary of the frustration I've felt, and I suspect most here do, as a Bills fan. This team, and franchise, is emotionally and mentally weak. It's not a bully as Rex claimed he was building but rather a sissy that gets pushed around. Rarely does anyone make a big play when the games on the line. As for Ryan, I just don't see him being the guy to change this, rather than that he's reinforcing this problem and he's not the answer.

by giving some gobbledeygook answers about what went wrong today; talking about some schemes in Coach-babble while heaping praise on the Chiefs for "making a few more plays than we did". And his answers for challenging or not challenging certain plays were laughable.

I was driving home from Florida to GA today during the game and was able to sneak in some peeks on my phone. My main takeaways from this team, this year, are as follows:

• complete underachievement of the talent on this roster, due in part to the neutering of the D by Rex's imposition of his vision (square peg/round hole) - then an admission around week 10 that he did it incorrectly. Great game plan against Brady, then the Bills can't lay a hand on Alex Smith.
  • The players like Rex b/c he creates a warm familial feeling, but holds no one to account and refuses to call anyone out publicly, except the kicker. Yeah, that works Rex.
  • Complete lack of discipline and self-control which leads to way too many penalties esp. at the worst times. This lack of discipline invites mistakes and permeates itself from the top down. There is a reason why the best teams find ways to win & the worst ones find ways to lose, like today.
  • It dawned on me today with one word: PROFESSIONALISM. This team has talent but is not professional in conducting its business, and is not put in positions to maximize its skill sets. This is directly on Rex and his staff; i.e., calling a sweep around left end for Cement Shoes Boobie? Even Rich Gannon sniffed that one out quickly. Not getting the ball to Sammy in 2H was criminal; Roman had a hot hand with Sammy and lost it. He could have used a myriad of means to get him the ball: bubble screens, quick slants/outs, etc.
  • As I mentioned in another thread, sorry to sound like a Debbie Downer, but color me unimpressed that the Steelers lost. How pathetic that we have to hope/pray on others' outcomes so the Bills can maybe, just possibly, backdoor into to the last WC spot. And all the talk of how "easy" the Bills remaining schedule is; seriously? If nothing else, this team and its consistent underachievement should not give anyone pause for assuming anything. How far we have fallen that we used to win our division in the 90s and now we have to just have to settle for a sniff of the second WC, which seems like a complete longshot after giveaways like today's.

One of the best posts Ive ever read on here.

In terms of the Bolded parts:

1) Rex complained about Carpenter in Preseason after he had been gold for 2 years with the Bills. That already gave me a bad vibe about this fraud.

2) Boobie Running a sweep was one of the stupidest calls Ive ever seen.....Maybe not. How about the first play of the year? How about the Robert Woods running play? How about the 20 yard loss on a 2pt conversion yesterday? How about.....Nevermind, I could go on forever.

Players gotta make plays. Blame coaching all you want if that makes you feel better, but Rex doesn't tackle, or catch or personal foul or hold or fumble.

Give me smart players, make better decisions on intelligence and mental capacity and you'll have a better team. Draft guys like McKelvin and you waste first round picks being blinded by skill with a peanut brain.

Rex doesn't hold his players accountable for the stupid mistakes they make and he is THE reason there is no discipline on the team.

I think he may have something to do with the game planning, horrendous game management, and zero sense of when or when not to challenge a play.

Edited by Azucho98

i really didnt think the coaching could go anywhere but up after Marrone but somehow Rex makes me miss Marrone

unfortunately we will have at least two more years of him due to the ridiculous contract he was signed to

Excellent comment. Look, we all act like experts out there ("Rex's defensive schemes" blah blah blah...) -- I'm guilty of that too. I'll admit that I really don't know crap about this stuff but it doesn't stop me from talking about it. But I do understand things like this: lack of preparation, lack of ability to make the quick decisions that comes from repetition/preparation. That's just sound management in any field. I also understand probability and statistics reasonably well, the whole analytics thing. And Rex blew it again today - just a couple examples:

1. You always, always throw the challenge flag when there's any doubt whatsoever regarding a big game-changing play. Even if there was a 1 in 5 chance Maclin's catch would have been overturned, you gotta throw that flag. That's what it's for. The potential gain is too great to worry about saving the challenge or the timeout.

2. As a general rule, most coaches are far too conservative. But one thing we know is this: it is generally a bad idea to go for the 2 point conversion in a close game prior to the 4th quarter. The failed 2 point conversion (the one where TT seemed to think throwing it up for grabs could result in a Pick 6 or something) came too early. Kick the extra point (yeah, I know, no sure thing with Carpenter) and you're down 1 instead of 2. KC went on to kick 2 FGs, putting them up by 8 instead of 7. Sure, thanks to other inept play it wound up not mattering since the Bills never scored again. But it was bad strategy.

I would go for 2 to tie the game.... 100 out of 100 times in that situation. Not even factoring in the carpenter miss.

Mario Williams held out of camp with a foot injury. Went from 295lbs to fit the hybrid role and went up to 345lbs. Kyle Williams as well had a long-term injury and both played for performance bonuses. You want to blame that on Rex too? The cupboard of playoff victories is bare and that points more toward general management being far to player friendly than Coaching.

If I am Terry Pugula I am not putting up with this nonsense anymore. I would suspend Rex for 1 week he would have to stay home away from the stadium. Roman would run the team. This is a Billion dollar franchise. If there is not a HD TV in the Bills both with the CBS feed then this is a problem. I don't care if you got to send a equipment manager down to the local Walmart in Kanas City and buy a TV for use in the booth. Don't depend on or count on the local team to put replays up. This is not that hard and it's should be a priority. These games are too important to be working in the blind. If there was someone in the booth and they did have the CBS feed and did not tell Rex then this guy should be fired. There needs to be someone in the booth or someone, some where with direct communication to Rex to let him know what is going on and when to challenge. If I can sit at home and see this and know what the right thing to do is. Then it is really inexcusable that the Bills can't do this. The person who is watching the local CBS feed like we are at home will have a important job and this should be his only job. Do you think the patriots leave it to chance that the local team will give them the replays. So if I'm Terry Pugula I want a investigation on what really happened.

We are losing games because of game mismanagement that can easily be corrected.

Rex should be suspended to make him learn a lesson on his total cluster he is running. Maybe a suspension will make him realize that he needs to do a better job. Other things that bother me concerning game preparation are not practicing in practice each week how to hurry to the line of scrimmage to get a play off that was close and it might get a red flag by the other coach. This is about attention to detail also Why Tyrod has to get plays from the sidelines and wait for them while there in a 2 minute drill. Again WTF are we doing all week during practice. Is Tyrod incapable

of calling his own plays and running the offense with out getting plays from the side lines. Again this is called game preparation. I see so much that is wrong and it all starts with Rex. Maybe a 1 game suspension with pay and Rex takes a step back from it all will make him realize he can do a better job. These things I just mentioned need to be brought up and discussed with Rex and to make him realize he can do a better job. Some times being called out and suspended can have a positive effect. I like Rex the man, but what I don't like is what he is allowing to happen. If I'm Terry Pugula that's what I would be doing on this Monday morning.