Edelman fractures bone in left foot, requires surgery

cantankerous

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't wish for him to be hurt...

...and I certainly won't feel bad that he is.

Could not agree more (well except I had him on one of my DraftKings teams, but it was worth losing a few bucks to see him in civvies next week).

What's the recovery time on that? How soon will be be back to 100%?

The reports from the Schefter types are they are hoping he will be back for the playoffs. Like 8-9 weeks. But the Pats would have to keep him on the active roster that entire time and have one less guy. It would be worth it in the playoffs but will definitely hurt before that. It easily could be the difference between the AFC championship game being away instead of home.

In the past two weeks they've lost their second leading rusher and third leading receiver in Lewis and now they've lost their second leading receiver (adjusted for today's game) in Edelman. That's a lot of production to replace. Edelman's presence will be sorely missed on third downs.

Unfortunately after next week we're going to need that little &@* to get healthy for when they play against our WC competition

True. But I still hate the fact that we have to think like this. Even more disturbing: we're better off after next Monday night if Brady, Gronk and crew all stay healthy and the Pats remain undefeated so they have an incentive to play to win the last couple games.

My son went too collage with Edelman . Just before that play when he got hurt, I told my son boy I wish he had not got drafted by the Cheaters. I also said maybe he will be hurt so we don't have to worry about him next week. So I guess I will take the credit for his injury. No kidding the next play BANG he went down. So I can say is GO BILLS beat the cheaters.

In the past two weeks they've lost their second leading rusher and third leading receiver in Lewis and now they've lost their second leading receiver (adjusted for today's game) in Edelman. That's a lot of production to replace. Edelman's presence will be sorely missed on third downs.

Their cheating system is much more important than their players. They have had several years of slow puny receivers and backs tearing up the league. It won't be that hard to find another one.

Their cheating system is much more important than their players. They have had several years of slow puny receivers and backs tearing up the league. It won't be that hard to find another one.

Agreed. This team has been on top for many years, they don't have down years, no organization in any sport has been this dominant and that's including sports that have no salary cap, and the most mind blowing part is that they do it with average talent, aside of the QB position, they get rid of players with high production and replace them with journeyman free agents and late round draft picks and remain on top. Genius or not every team has a dip. His genius has been finding a way to cheat and not getting caught.

I disagree. Edelman is a super quick receiver who gets consistent separation. His chemistry with brady is excellent, and he will be sorely missed.

By the patsies, not by anyone else who watches that nauseating little cocky punk play.

Dont forget how injury prone Gronk is either. He's due for another shoulder or knee issue soon. We are getting healthier and theyre getting weaker.

Love it.

The Giants are no longer the team they once were, are beat up, and if a guy could catch a soft midfield lob they win.

The Bills have a real shot. If this DL is ever going to dominate a game this is it with all those OL injuries in NE*

The Giants D played well, but Eli Manning was "good Eli" yesterday. That was big. Taylor can't afford to be completely ineffective for about half the game. When E. Manning is on, he's a pretty good QB. I don't think Taylor has reached that level yet.

I believe the Patriots find guys who are willing to make a deal with the devil for short term glory.

Welker, Edelman, Amendola will all be drooling in nursing homes by the time they are 40.

Even toughness and staying on the field is cast in a derogatory light when it's about the patsies

I never heard anyone admire Marquise Goodwin for being responsible about his long term health.