Edelman fractures bone in left foot, requires surgery

cantankerous

It seemingly had a huge effect on that Giants game, since their offense slowed down a lot after he went out.

Remember: last week every commentator was saying this Giants defense wasn't that good and that NE* would obliterate them. They said the Giants DL didn't get a good pass rush.

The Bills DL needs to dominate this week. If the Giants DL can do it then the Bills can. I don't want to hear about "quick passes" because if that solved the problem the Pats* would have done that yesterday all game to make the Giants rush a non-factor.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us not overlook Amendola. He dealt us his far share of death blows. Two come to mind - 1st- last year game one second half third down conversion coming out of locker room after groin injury. 2nd- his catch this year with Robey in his hip pocket fighting sun glare to boot. Also his stat line against Giants no too shaby - 11 targets for 10 receptions for 79 yards. 12 yards longest completion. Last but not least his punt return was the game changer. F Edelman, F the Pats* and F Amendola too. Go Bills!

It absolutely makes a difference.

The OLmen being out isn't as big because Brady is incredibly decisive and accurate. Not having his most reliable short-area target--the one that he most frequently throws his quick-release passes to--changes the dynamic.

I hope you are right.

I still think they have weapons, and Brady will find them. Chandler, Gronk, Amendola, LaFell, and a few other ham and eggers are out there.

It will come down to what it always does, get pressure on Brady with out bringing 7. Play a zone read type of D and hit Brady early and often. If the Bills don't, Brady could make any WR look good.

i think he was being pretty honest. They probably can acclimate someone else by the time the playoffs start but players like that- where timing and knowledge of the system is so critical for it to work - are not plug and play. Outside WRs are a little easier.

Logic dictates that, but unless you add Gronk along with Edelman, I stand by my comments - it wont change much.

Look for the Cheatriots to run the ball more.

Let us not overlook Amendola. He dealt us his far share of death blows. Two come to mind - 1st- last year game one second half third down conversion coming out of locker room after groin injury. 2nd- his catch this year with Robey in his hip pocket fighting sun glare to boot. Also his stat line against Giants no too shaby - 11 targets for 10 receptions for 79 yards. 12 yards longest completion. Last but not least his punt return was the game changer. F Edelman, F the Pats* and F Amendola too. Go Bills!

I actually think that Amendola is the de facto reason that the Edelman injury is so big. The ability to move Darby onto Amendola is gigantic--he's done most of his damage against Robey.

I hope you are right.

I still think they have weapons, and Brady will find them. Chandler, Gronk, Amendola, LaFell, and a few other ham and eggers are out there.

It will come down to what it always does, get pressure on Brady with out bringing 7. Play a zone read type of D and hit Brady early and often. If the Bills don't, Brady could make any WR look good.

They do still have weapons for sure. We just so happen to have enough coverage guys to handle them with Edelman out.

I wonder if they'll play some Cover-1 Robber out of a nickel. Gilmore matches on Gronk, Darby on Amendola, McKelvin on the other boundary (LaFell). Graham positions as the single-high safety pre-snap and plays the Robber, while Robey is actually the zone defender. Would work especially well when they're blitzing.

I actually think that Amendola is the de facto reason that the Edelman injury is so big. The ability to move Darby onto Amendola is gigantic--he's done most of his damage against Robey.

They do still have weapons for sure. We just so happen to have enough coverage guys to handle them with Edelman out.

I wonder if they'll play some Cover-1 Robber out of a nickel. Gilmore matches on Gronk, Darby on Amendola, McKelvin on the other boundary (LaFell). Graham positions as the single-high safety pre-snap and plays the Robber, while Robey is actually the zone defender. Would work especially well when they're blitzing.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Having McKelvin back gives us a lot of flexibility in coverages, and we can do quite a bit to stop Gronk and make Amendola/LaFell beat us. They'll get theirs, but Gronk shouldn't catch 10 balls if Gilmore is on him.

This may be the best chance we have to beat them in the last 3 years.

Edited by FireChan

Until proven otherwise, we can't sleep on the Pats. Right this moment they are likely signing some dude named Elian Judelman who is currently working on the Pier One loading dock at the Natick Mall. He played two solid years at Bunker Hill Community College and is ready to plug-n-play and gash an NFL defense for 200 yds and three TDs.

Until proven otherwise, we can't sleep on the Pats. Right this moment they are likely signing some dude named Elian Judelman who is currently working on the Pier One loading dock at the Natick Mall. He played two solid years at Bunker Hill Community College and is ready to plug-n-play and gash an NFL defense for 200 yds and three TDs.

Nobody is sleeping on the Pats in any way, shape, or form.

It is, as a practical matter, impossible to "sleep on" a 9-0 team, let alone on a 9-0 team that you've won all of two meaningful games against in the last 15 years.

I keep reading how their offense slowed down so much after Edelman got hurt on Sunday.

Brady threw for over 200 in the fourth quarter, long after JE left the game. They hardly missed a beat when all was said and done.

GO BILLS!!!

who is sleeping on the Pats?

I keep reading how their offense slowed down so much after Edelman got hurt on Sunday.

Brady threw for over 200 in the fourth quarter, long after JE left the game. They hardly missed a beat when all was said and done.

GO BILLS!!!

wasnt a lot of that on the 80 yard TD to Gronk? I think what people mean is that he had a harder time on 3rd down. Edited by YoloinOhio

GO BILLS!!!

They had about 80 yards on a play that two NYG defenders knocked each other off of Gronk. Brady threw a beach ball that two NYG could have easily intercepted that preceded the final drive of 40 yards or so. They were 5/6 on third down with Edelman and 2/8 without him.

They had about 80 yards on a play that two NYG defenders knocked each other off of Gronk. Brady threw a beach ball that two NYG could have easily intercepted that preceded the final drive of 40 yards or so. They were 5/6 on third down with Edelman and 2/8 without him.

Landon Collins is permanently on my **** list for his unacceptable drop of a Brady "punt" on that final drive that would've sealed the deal.

who is sleeping on the Pats?wasnt a lot of that on the 80 yard TD to Gronk? I think what people mean is that he had a harder time on 3rd down.

Gee, well OK. Take away that 80 yarder and Brady slumped to only tossing for over 120 yards in the quarter.

Good point on the impact it had on third downs and I will be ecstatic if that pattern holds on Monday night but I am leery. Losing Edelman impacted that single game plan and that makes sense in the short term, but they will install an entirely different third down situational plan and have time to practice it.

Landon Collins is permanently on my **** list for his unacceptable drop of a Brady "punt" on that final drive that would've sealed the deal.

This goes to the idea that we have to play a perfect game and hope Brady screws up here and there. We can't gift him with dropped INTs, especially in situations like that.

GO BILLS!!!

Bandit I hope you're right!

Edited by BuffaloMatt

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night?

Haha, no. I'm a radiologic technologist. I see these fractures often, and take X-rays for surgeons in the OR a lot. Open reduction internal fixation just means they have to cut him open, re-align the bones, and secure them with surgical hardware. :)

Haha, no. I'm a radiologic technologist. I see these fractures often, and take X-rays for surgeons in the OR a lot. Open reduction internal fixation just means they have to cut him open, re-align the bones, and secure them with surgical hardware. :)

You forgot since he plays for the P*tri*ts also add implant to release HGH inside timed so it is untestable when he can come back to play.

Isn't a screw insertion pretty standard for Jones fracture? It's what Dez had and he was back on the field 6 weeks on the number.

Isn't a screw insertion pretty standard for Jones fracture? It's what Dez had and he was back on the field 6 weeks on the number.

It depends how displaced the fracture is. For someone like Edelman, they probably don't want to mess around and hope that it heals correctly on its own. I'm surprised Dez Bryant was back on the field in six weeks. They generally say 6 to 8 weeks non-weightbearing for this type of fracture. Everyone heals at different rates though, and these guys have Multi million dollar training staff and facilities at their disposal...hopefully he misses the rest of the year though! I hate the damn *patriots!

Edelman is a huge loss. With that said, the Patriots formula doesn't change:

1. Make plays when they count

2. Play situational football

3. Have everything go your way when it counts

4. Get a game changing call by the ref when needed

5. Let the other team beat themselves

6. Cut the opposing teams communication/headset during crucial times of the game

7. Lock Ernie Adams in his cell without food and water until he concocts the perfect game plan

8. Oh, and let Tom Brady throw the ball...a lot

I live in new england, be disrespectful all you want because they don't have a speck of respect for the bills ryan or buffalo.

Has NE laid an egg yet this year? Arguably it may have been against the Gman last week but I think they are due. As any true Bills fan knows feeling confident about a game is cause for self reflection. And as I have said many times I am a Homer Kool Aid Drinking Masochist BUT I'm starting to feel like we gonna get this one.

Has NE laid an egg yet this year? Arguably it may have been against the Gman last week but I think they are due. As any true Bills fan knows feeling confident about a game is cause for self reflection. And as I have said many times I am a Homer Kool Aid Drinking Masochist BUT I'm starting to feel like we gonna get this one.

they were without their top 3 OTs and starting RG. Everyone but Solder looks to be back this week so their OL should be much more stout vs Bills, unfortunately.