SDS and TwoBillsDrive Mentions on NFL.com

26CornerBlitz

Buffalo springboard? Bills, fans hyped to host Pats

After stomping Indy in Week 1, Percy Harvin and the Bills welcome mighty New England into town. Judy Battista chronicles growing excitement in Orchard Park. Plus, three more Week 2 subplots.

But one fan who emailed this week -- Scott Sarama, a longtime and well-informed Bills supporter who founded the fan website TwoBillsDrive.com -- said Taylor's performance gave fans evidence-based hope that the team has finally landed a worthwhile young quarterback.

"He acted like his normal self during it -- he's always pretty cool and calm," Wood said of Taylor. "I don't think many moments will be too big for that guy."

Sarama knows how those fans feel. For years, he said, Bills supporters endured the same depressing conversations: Which city might the franchise relocate to? Which star player would leave in free agency? Which D-list coach would come to Buffalo next? The negativity soured his outlook on every season.

"That weight has been finally lifted," Sarama said in an email. "We are talking meaningfully about a talent-laden defense shutting down Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski. We are talking meaningfully about an offense led by a dynamic, intelligent young quarterback and what he needs to do to pick apart a mediocre Patriots defensive unit. All the other nonsense is gone -- and it feels so good."

I don't personally know those directly involved with putting together this site but I want to thank you. You toil without recognition while the product you created and maintained brings a lot of joy to those who participate.

There is a lot of spirited discussions that sometimes get overheated. But after a short while the heat usually gets cooled. In the Brady inflategate discussion it sometimes got a little harsh but in general the discussions were not only reasonable but were illuminating. In that particular topic there were some really top notch legal commentary that clarified the core issues associated with that case. Those individuals (on both sides of the issue) really impressed me with their knowledge.

This site has brought together Bills' fans from all over the country and allowed them to express their loyalty and passion for the team that is now on an upward trajectory. Again, I want to thank those involved with this site. You do the work and we reap the benefits. :thumbsup: