Steelers vs. Pats -who should Bills fans really want to win?

YoloinOhio

Who are you rooting for tonight?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Are you rooting for the Steelers or Patriots to win tonight?

• Steelers. I would never root for the Cheatriots no matter what and I think the Bills can win the AFCE.
    • Pats****. I don't think the Bills can win the AFCE and a Steelers loss helps them to a WC.

With the Brady suspension reversed -- the Pats*** are again the favorite to win the division. Is it better for the Pats*** to beat the Steelers tonight if we think our best chance to make the playoffs is a wild card, and an extra loss for the Steelers could help the Bills more? Or F that?

Squealers all the way. We need all the help we can get. Can't hope for a wild card, the goal should be winning the division.

I was actually thinking about this yesterday and then they started talking about it on WGR this morning. All 3 guys said they want the Pats*** to win because they think the Bills have zero chance at winning the division. They said the Texans would feel the same about the Colts at Bills game - that they would be rooting for Colts because the Bills are their bigger obstacle to the playoffs.

Sorry, I can't do it.

Ask Howard and Jeremy.

I just heard that and thought "that's a loser's mentality." Or, a realist? I don't know. But no way would I ever want the Cheats to win.

I was actually thinking about this yesterday and then they started talking about it on WGR this morning. All 3 guys said they want the Pats*** to win because they think the Bills have zero chance at winning the division. They said the Texans would feel the same about the Colts at Bills game - that they would be rooting for Colts because the Bills are their bigger obstacle to the playoffs.

Sorry, I can't do it.

I just heard that and thought "that's a loser's mentality." Or, a realist? I don't know. But no way would I ever want the Cheats to win.

I agree. Why concede anything?

How anyone could want the Pats to win game one of the season is baffling to me.

Forget the wildcard, we are winning this stupid division. The Pats are gonna be awful on the road this year and their lack of skill players on offense will kill them when gronk goes out with his usual knee or shoulder injury.

Bills 11-5 wins the division

The Steelers should get routed tonight given all of their suspensions and injuries and the shakiness of their secondary. I expect the Pats to pour it on.

I think it will be an interesting game. Both teams missing their starting centers but questionable secondaries, and injuries/suspensions in their RB and WR core. I don't see how the Steelers will cover Gronk. But then I am not sure the Pats*** secondary will have success with Ben/AB.

Steelers.

Early in the season I find it very hard to route for division rivals. Towards the backend of the season, when the playoffs are on the line, it's different. What if the season plays out, Miami wins the division and the Bills are battling the Pats** for a wildcard spot.

It'll be an interesting game because both defenses look bad. The Pats** have a very weak secondary and Brown could have a big night. The Steelers defense is a mix of over the hill players and young guys not yet in their prime. Brady isn't likely to see help from his RBs, whoever it ends up being.

With the Brady suspension reversed -- the Pats*** are again the favorite to win the division. Is it better for the Pats*** to beat the Steelers tonight if we think our best chance to make the playoffs is a wild card, and an extra loss for the Steelers could help the Bills more? Or F that?

Although it's too early in the season to know who we should want to win this game, we can reason that *NE will be near the top and I feel Pitt will compete for a wild card (But I don't expect too much from them). If that holds true, we probably want *NE to win. But if Pittsburgh wins and when the Bills beat *NE the following week, the Bills have an early edge at the division. I always shoot for the division and hate the *Patsie's, so go Steeler's!!!!

I hate polls where people add nonsense language after the choice. Much better poll if it just said 1) Steelers 2) Patriots

Bills fans should root for the Steelers. They are not a playoff contender this year.

I have to agree, i really didn't read the choices until your post. Adding those comments can definitely sway a vote or two. Simply put *Patsie's and Steeler's...

Edited by ricojes

THE only time I would root for the Cheatriots would be if that win pushed the Bills into the playoffs.

If they beat the Steelers , its a possibility , but I could only root for them if that happened very late in the season.

Not voting because I disagree with the logic, but I'd prefer the Steelers to lose tonight because I think that makes a Bills win next week a little more likely. I usually don't care much about what non-Bills teams do, because for all the discussion about playoff/tiebreaker scenarios, the futility streak has mostly come down to not having a good enough record. If we go 10-6 and miss out due to tiebreakers, I can live with that.

Not voting because I disagree with the logic, but I'd prefer the Steelers to lose tonight because I think that makes a Bills win next week a little more likely. I usually don't care much about what non-Bills teams do, because for all the discussion about playoff/tiebreaker scenarios, the futility streak has mostly come down to not having a good enough record. If we go 10-6 and miss out due to tiebreakers, I can live with that.

Maybe you're just young, because I could not live with that, that would totally suck...How many years has it been since the Bills won 10 games, how many more years before they do it again. 9-7 and miss the playoffs, so be it, but 10-6 and miss would haunt me all off-sesaon and beyond....

Edited by ricojes

I came to a funny realization last night during a fantasy football draft. At one point I was considering drafting Blount on the Pats. And I needed a wideout and saw that Jarvis Landry was available. But there was no way I could draft Landry, because I hate the fins. But I would draft Blount, even though I hate the Pats. Well I realized subconsciously I have much more disdain for the Dolphins then the Pats

Let the Pats win tonight, get all the emotion out and come int oBuffalo nice and flat. Seems I've noticed over time Super Bowl champs often win the first game the next season, then go down hill after that.

I agree with this 100%. I know counter intuitive, but give the Pats a big cushy win ,ma long weekend for Gronkntomparty like its 1999...and the Bills smoke em the next week setting up the Bills run to the division championship.

I don't know what people see when they look at this version of the Patriots. What made them decent on defense last season (secondary play) is a huge hole now. This charade can't continue forever, right?

It's too bad the Steelers don't have all their weapons on offense because this would almost be guaranteed to be a "whoever has the ball last" kinda game.

But it's probably still coming down to QB play. The Pats probably win because they're at home and the Steelers new defensive coordinator is really up against it but conceding the division to them right now is pure folly.

I agree with this 100%. I know counter intuitive, but give the Pats a big cushy win ,ma long weekend for Gronkntomparty like its 1999...and the Bills smoke em the next week setting up the Bills run to the division championship.

Bash the Pats* for whatever else you want, but I don't recall them having too many letdown games. They do forget what happened the previous weekend. So I still root for the Steelers to beat them and the Bills to pound them even harder

I don't know what people see when they look at this version of the Patriots. What made them decent on defense last season (secondary play) is a huge hole now. This charade can't continue forever, right?

It's too bad the Steelers don't have all their weapons on offense because this would almost be guaranteed to be a "whoever has the ball last" kinda game.

But it's probably still coming down to QB play. The Pats probably win because they're at home and the Steelers new defensive coordinator is really up against it but conceding the division to them right now is pure folly.

I've tried telling myself that for the last 5 years but have given up. Somehow it always works out for them. Like the time some !@#$ing guy off the practice squad stripped Lee Evans of the AFCC winning touchdown.