BILLS Power Rankings, enter them here...

r00tabaga

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough to call. God it was fun watching them Sunday, but if we commandingly beat NE with their defense, I'll feel a lot better about us as a top 10 team. Anyone who can beat Belicheck, is good.

I'm so hopeful we are the Ravens of a few years ago where we can hammer Brady.

McCoy having such a lack of production, but K. Williams looking solid is a counter balance.

Remember last year after week two, when you asked Siri "Who is the best team in the NFL?". Her response...The Buffalo Bills.

Interesting side note: I was having a conversation yesterday with a local acquaintance about doing an upcoming gig with us. Top flight musician and studio guy. His wife is a singer and does voice work too. As I'm talking to him, I hear that familiar voice in the background saying "your lunch is ready". His wife Susan is the voice of Siri.

Pete Prisco dropped us 4 spots to 29.

what? link!!!!

you dork... still not updated at 24 for (pre) week 1

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

That was before Week 1 games...

Keep an eye on this link after Monday night's games finish.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/week/2

not updated but funny to see at this time 7:52AM.

UP 18

Last Week: 18 Since the start of 2013, the Bills' defense leads the NFL in interceptions (44) and sacks (113). It just stopped Andrew Luck in his tracks. Next up? Tom Brady.

Week1 over reactions from our lovable media jerk

Pete Prisco - Senior NFL Colonist

Monday Musings: Pumping the brakes on all of Week 1's overreactions

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25301755/monday-musings-pumping-the-brakes-on-all-of-week-1s-overreactions

Based on Sunday's games, the Cincinnati Bengals are going undefeated with a defense like the 1985 Chicago Bears, Marcus Mariota is already being fitted for his gold jacket, the Bills are unbeatable, the Colts aren't any good, the Seahawks are in trouble and the Chiefs are ready to make a Super Bowl push.

Overreaction: The Bills are unbeatable and have found their franchise passer in Tyrod Taylor -- Yes, the Bills looked good in blowing out the Indianapolis Colts. And Taylor was sharp in his first NFL start, completing 14 of 19 for 195 yards and a 51-yard touchdown pass to Percy Harvin. It was a heck of a start as Buffalo jumped to a 24-0 lead before cooling off in the second half. As for the defense, it did a great job on Andrew Luck and the Colts' high-flying offense. Luck threw two picks and never looked to get into a groove.

Reality: After the fast start, Taylor looked average in the second half, and got away with a few bad throws that could have been picks. Is that a sign that the Colts figured him out some? If so, Bill Belichick and the Patriots are waiting and they now have a book on him. As for the defense, get ready for Tom Brady and that high-scoring offense. But give the Bills all the credit, they looked for real in this one.

That colonist wouldn't know "reality" if it punched him in the face.

I've been posting that we should keep it real and not overreact. But this is an uninformed accounting.

There may be underlying REASONS Pete, why the O "slowed" down in the second half.

READ what Andrew had to say

''They beat us pretty bad,'' Luck said. ''You don't let one game necessarily define you, but that doesn't make it any easier of a pill to swallow.''

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Remember last year after week two, when you asked Siri "Who is the best team in the NFL?". Her response...The Buffalo Bills.

What's sad is also, if you asked her what her favorite hockey team was, her response was "I usually root for the underdog, so I guess that makes me a fan of the Buffalo Sabres."

Reality: After the fast start, Taylor looked average in the second half, and got away with a few bad throws that could have been picks. Is that a sign that the Colts figured him out some? If so, Bill Belichick and the Patriots are waiting and they now have a book on him.

Or it could be a sign that the Bills had a big lead, had holding calls on almost all of those drives and weren't going to take any chances throwing the ball down field. Just about every team in the league would have relied on the run in that situation.

No clue if Taylor will pan out but his "struggles" in the second half had nothing to do with being figured out.

Or it could be a sign that the Bills had a big lead, had holding calls on almost all of those drives and weren't going to take any chances throwing the ball down field. Just about every team in the league would have relied on the run in that situation.

No clue if Taylor will pan out but his "struggles" in the second half had nothing to do with being figured out.

I choked when I read that too. This is from the same guy that predicted a 5-win season for us. His success rate this week in picking games straight up was only 8-8, tied with the success rate of using a coin toss and the worst of all the CBS "experts." Since his prediction capabilities can't be wrong, he writes an article this morning not to overreact to week 1 results because week 1 doesn't mean much. (Link posted earlier in this thread) I agree that it's easy to overreact based on one great game, but Prisco is so arrogant when he talks and he doesn't have a record of success to back it up.

I don't know where I would put them. If you objectively look at the start to the year who is ahead of them. I would say that NE, GB, maybe KC, maybe Cincy but not many more. The Bills were as impressive as anyone in Week 1.

We manhandled KC twice the last two years but found ways to lose by turning the ball over at the 1 yard line as we were about to score a TD to put the game on ice...we should destroy KC this year, but the fact its on the road might make the game closer than it should be. KC literally did nothing against our D in either game, other than the one Jamaal Charles 4th and 1 toss play that fooled our D and he scored a 47 yard TD on it.

Edited by matter2003

ESPN Power Rankings have us at #9 and NFL Network has us at 6.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/week/2

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000531124/article/nfl-power-rankings-packers-nab-top-spot-chiefs-enter-top-five

Not sure I agree with the Saints and Steelers though. I think those are in need of being reversed. I think all the others are pretty close to dead on. Not that I'm an expert or anything.

Edited by BigPappy

We manhandled KC twice the last two years but found ways to lose by turning the ball over at the 1 yard line as we were about to score a TD to put the game on ice...we should destroy KC this year, but the fact its on the road might make the game closer than it should be. KC literally did nothing against our D in either game, other than the one Jamaal Charles 4th and 1 toss play that fooled our D and he scored a 47 yard TD on it.

I know, I was just trying to find teams that COULD be ranked ahead of the Bills after 1 week.

so he blames the QB for O Line holding calls?

Colon-ist Pete Prisco must be smoking the wacky tabacky

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

# 12 (up 12) Tyrod Taylor impressed in the opener, but now he has to face the Patriots. Bill Belichick is great at scheming against young quarterbacks.

# 14 (up 1) The Dolphins didn't look great beating the Redskins.

# 18 (up 10) The JETS beat up on a bad Browns team, but they did some good things in doing so. Now comes a tough test at Indy against the Colts.

Another nonsensical ESPN creation. Somebody actually called this in the predictions section last week before the game.

imo ESPN has hardly ever given Buff much respect. ergo I might have stated as much.

So Analytic's is different than the Opinion poll???

ESPN Power rankings before week 2 was posted showed Bills UP 18 - Last Week: 18

#9 up 9

What surprised me was Prissy Prisco bumping them up 12 to 12th