BILLS Power Rankings, enter them here...

r00tabaga

Top 15 is all I think we deserve... we need to beat more quality teams, both the Dolphins and Colts look pretty disappointing so far this year.

half of the AFC looks pretty disappointing this season.

7 teams above .500 (less KC vs GB) but I figure the 7 to stand.

fugging ESPN standings has the AFCE NE 3-*, NYJ 2-1 then Buff 2-1.

Seriously?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously?

Duh we have a

div loss and afc loss

Jets lost to nfc so they have tiebreakers

Yeah, but we have hammered them. Who are the 14 teams that have been better? The league is pretty watered down. So far the teams that are ahead of the Bills: Pats, Cards, Bengals, Packers, and Broncos (don't think that are for real). I'm not buying Atlanta either. Seattle is in there as well. I've got the Bills about 6-8.

Super bowl contenders? No. Playoff caliber? Absolutely. I don't understand why people have been prophesying about their demise. Even if Peyton is regressing, they have a pretty good team around him now.

Seriously?

And? Do you not understand how standings work? :doh:

Yeah, but we have hammered them. Who are the 14 teams that have been better? The league is pretty watered down. So far the teams that are ahead of the Bills: Pats, Cards, Bengals, Packers, and Broncos (don't think that are for real). I'm not buying Atlanta either. Seattle is in there as well. I've got the Bills about 6-8.

I don't put the Broncos or Falcons ahead of the Bills right now. Nowhere near the quality of opponent. Broncos' opposition is 1-7 (probably 1-8 after tonight). Atlanta has trailed in 4th Q of all three games.

Pats*** are tops, followed by Packers, Cards, Bengals, Seahawks, and Bills. No worse than 6th (right now).

NFL.com's conference standings aren't wildcard standings.

Standings in general are not opinion pieces.

When I said the Bills only deserve top 15, I'm not saying they deserve 15th place necessarily, just with how early in the season it is, and the unknowns involved, I see them in the top half of the league, and arguing over a spot here or there is silly.

There, things are cleared up.

then explain the standings on NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/standings and http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings and http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/standings

NE

Buff

NYJ

MIA

These are correct. 1-1 in divisional games (as the Bills are) is technically better than 0-0 in divisional games (as the Jets are). If the Jets win next Sunday, they'll leapfrog the Bills no matter the result against the Giants.

The Bills performance thus far could put them anywhere from 4th to 9th, in my opinion. 6/7 seems like the most reasonable spot, comparative to what other teams have done thus far.

I'd say depending on the source, when there is a tie in a division (Record, not Conference) they might post it alphabetically. Buffalo usually gets the benefit of B coming before J and N! I know, stupid but I'm serious. Right now, Buffalo is in 3rd place since the tie-breaker goes to the Jets. points don't matter unless all other tie-breakers are even.

Wow, the AFCE will get clearer or murkier depending on the outcome between NYETS@ Dolphins,

After the BYE for both teams-

NYETS lineup - Redskins @ Cheatriots, @ Raiders

Dolphins lineup - @ Titans, Texans, @ Cheatriots

These are correct. 1-1 in divisional games (as the Bills are) is technically better than 0-0 in divisional games (as the Jets are). If the Jets win next Sunday, they'll leapfrog the Bills no matter the result against the Giants.

The Bills performance thus far could put them anywhere from 4th to 9th, in my opinion. 6/7 seems like the most reasonable spot, comparative to what other teams have done thus far.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

@SI_PeterKing

Good morning. Fine Fifteen is up. Bring your arguments. http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/29/nfl-week-3-rankings-patriots-packers-cardinals

9. Buffalo (2-1). In Tyrod Rex Trusts. This is why: Tyrod Taylor has put up 73 points the last two weeks. Tyrod Taylor is completing 74 percent of his throws. Tyrod Taylor has a passer rating 33 points higher than Peyton Manning.

NFL.com's Elliot Harrison has us at #6 (up 1 spot) Also worth noting that we are the highest ranked team on the list that has a loss.

That was a butt-kicking by the Bills down in Miami. Everyone got in on the act: the pass rush, Ronald Darby, Corey Graham, Chris Hogan, Bacarri Rambo, Tyrod Taylor, Marcell Dareus, Karlos Williams, Joe Ferguson ... OK, maybe not the last guy. But don't tell me the guys from the '70s and '80s Bills didn't love watching Miami get dominated from kickoff to gun. Week 2's loss to the Patriots already seems well in the rearview -- that's how you answer a Sit down! from the ruler of your division.

Back to those old Bills for a moment. Did you know Buffalo lost all 20 of its meetings with the Dolphins from 1970 to '79? Power Rankings Trivia: The Bills finally beat Miami in 1980 behind 131 yards and two touchdowns from whom? (@HarrisonNFL)

Don't believe that site. They state we only play 2 more teams that made playoffs last year. I count at least 3 - NE, Cin, Dal

WRT last seasons expectations or this seasons?

Looks reasonable. Although I think we'd beat Carolina (ranked higher) and Atlanta (ranked lower) would give us a lot of trouble

I'm good with 8. Week by week as the W keep coming, then I would expect a higher ranking. This is still a developing entity with the new coaches and QB. One step at a time.

Atlanta may not be such a pushover in their house.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/week/4

Bills fall two spots to 10.

HAHAHAHAHA :doh: :doh:

:censored::censored:

So they beat the spit out of Miami and fall two spots? :lol:

Remember, last week's results after the Miami/Jax game?

I don't take these things seriously... but also this stuff doesn't take place in a vacuum... its possible they still think highly of the Bills, but other games made other teams just that much more impressive to them. Meh :)

Can't resist commenting - Falcons & Panthers leapfrog Bills by narrowly beating teams who were playing with backup QBs?

Yep. Makes sense to me. :rolleyes:

Remember, last week's results after the Miami/Jax game?

I don't take these things seriously... but also this stuff doesn't take place in a vacuum... its possible they still think highly of the Bills, but other games made other teams just that much more impressive to them. Meh :)

The right approach. :thumbsup:

WRT last seasons expectations or this seasons?

I'm good with 8. Week by week as the W keep coming, then I would expect a higher ranking. This is still a developing entity with the new coaches and QB. One step at a time.

Atlanta may not be such a pushover in their house.

HAHAHAHAHA :doh: :doh:

:censored::censored:

If you read their comment it said Buffalo only play 2 more teams that made playoffs last year. They need better quality control. It's three.