Kiko's Knee Still A Problem

H2o

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/323749611.html

Kiko Alonso's tendinitis is in his left knee, which is the same knee that was surgically repaired last year for a torn anterior cruciate ligament. The inside linebacker said tendinitis is common after that type of injury and he's making progress.

Alonso has not played in the preseason. He said he expects to play on Thursday against the New York Jets. Alonso said the same before last week's game against Green Bay, which he missed when his knee bothered him in pregame warm-ups.

The Legend is beginning to fade since he can't even heal himself.

More like Kneeko Alonso amirite?

Lame. It is, however, funny to me that people are ripping on Kiko about his knee even though he is expected to play in the 4th preseason game, but are geeked about Shady even though he might miss the opener with his injury. SMH

Lame. It is, however, funny to me that people are ripping on Kiko about his knee even though he is expected to play in the 4th preseason game, but are geeked about Shady even though he might miss the opener with his injury. SMH

but Shady is expected to play in the opener, just like Kiko...

Yeah I fully agree...Philly really screwed up with this one

its not a bad trade for Eagles either way IMO unless their run game is worse this year or Murray and Mathews get hurt. Both are injury prone, McCoy never was.

It seemed like Chip wanted to move on from McCoy anyway, and was happy to get Kiko in the trade. It will suck for their D if he's hurt or less effective due to the tendonitis, but he got the RB he wanted. Well actually he wanted frank gore but he ended up liking what he got.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I was just trolling

I am fine with the trade and I fail to see why this was a bad trade for the Bills

On Phillly's side.. I just don't care

its not a bad trade for Eagles either way IMO unless their run game is worse this year or Murray and Mathews get hurt. Both are injury prone, McCoy never was.

Edited by Snorom

I don't see why the status of his knee matter unless we're going to have a larger debate on "Fate" and whether he destined to have tweaked his knee no matter what team he played for..

Because he had two knee surgeries prior to the trade going down. Without injured knees it's very questionable whether the Bills make that trade.

I still want to know how he did this. I know someone out there knows or its been leaked on some backwoods, po-dunk website.

boyst, you know we turn to you for those sources. come on man.

I don't see why the status of his knee matter unless we're going to have a larger debate on "Fate" and whether he destined to have tweaked his knee no matter what team he played for..

because this was an existing injury at the time of the trade and hes still recovering from it..... its not like its some out of left field one, where id normally agree with you.

boyst, you know we turn to you for those sources. come on man.

because this was an existing injury at the time of the trade and hes still recovering from it..... its not like its some out of left field one, where id normally agree with you.

ugh fine

https://www.youtube.com/user/TalentedDucks1

kiko's youtube account

http://www.pikore.com/gabykapp

his girlfriend, possibly.

working on more tonight.

It's tendonitis he'll be fine

Same thing they said about Levitre. I liked Kiko just like everyone else and wish him no ill will in any way, but every time I see these stories it leads me to think that we really do have the best medical staff in the business and there is a reason we let some go that the rest of us believe should stay.

Isn't it 2 ACL tears prior to the trade and now tendinitis in the same knee compared to a strained hamstring? I think the difference is pretty clear.

Edited by What a Tuel

I wouldn't be too worried. If it isn't healed by the opener, he will just gnaw off his ACL entirely, and then go out and make 20 tackles.

Four yards down-field after taking the wrong angle to the runner...and after making some ridiculouosly athletic INT or forced fumble.

Did not like him at MLB. Would have loved to see a healthy Kiko playing the Clay Mathews role.

Isn't it 2 ACL tears prior to the trade and now tendinitis in the same knee compared to a strained hamstring? I think the difference is pretty clear.

I wasn't saying that there isn't a difference there, just that everything's not completely peachy physically with McCoy. He's no more likely to start the season than Kiko, probably less. Oh, and while we're talking differences, there's a huge discrepancy in pay too. McCoy missing time is a lot more costly in that respect.

Eagles will be terrible this year. There I said it.

Chipper does seem to be driving that bus off of a cliff.

I wasn't saying that there isn't a difference there, just that everything's not completely peachy physically with McCoy. He's no more likely to start the season than Kiko, probably less. Oh, and while we're talking differences, there's a huge discrepancy in pay too. McCoy missing time is a lot more costly in that respect.

Chipper does seem to be driving that bus off of a cliff.

I imagine one of these two injuries comes with a lot more long term concern, but if just looking at week 1- it's possible either or both could be out