Fred Jackson expected to sign with Seattle(update-signed)

YoloinOhio

Hasn't Pete C heard that Fred is old and slow?

If this happens the Seahawks are my NFC team to win the Superbowl. I hope the Bills do but if not the Seahawks are purely for Freddy's sake. That would be awesome for him!!!

Fred is my favorite Bill of all times along with Flutie (I became a Bills fan in Jim Kelly's last season) but I will NEVER cheer for Pete Carrol to win anything, much less a SB, Fred or no Fred. Edited by reddogblitz

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. And they remained very tight the last few years. They talk all the time. It's probably the main reason that Fred wants to go there. Obviously if Seattle were a losing team he wouldn't likely, so the fact they are a top team is at the top of the list. But if Marshawn was not there he wouldn't automatically have Seattle at the top. They're very close and Seattle obviously sees that as a major plus. It's a perfect fit for Fred, and Marshawn, and for Bills fans.

Fred told a funny story after the Super Bowl. He spoke to Marshawn right after the game and Marshawn said he would get over the fact that Carroll had called a pass and not a run. Fred said he never ever would get over it and he would walk past Pete Carroll every day in practice and say "why did you not run?!" Or something to that affect, I'm sure I didn't get the story exactly correct. But Fred was saying he would harass Carroll every chance he got. We will see if he does that even if it wasn't him that should have got the ball.

Thanks. Didn't know.

Hasn't Pete C heard that Fred is old and slow?

Fred is my favorite Bill of all times along with Flutie (I became a Bills fan in Jim Kelly's last season) but I will NEVER cheer for Pete Carrol to win anything, much less a SB, Fred or no Fred.

I watched the football life about Flutie last week and I caught myself thinking... what could he have done with the team we have this year? Would it have been his chance to actually prove what he had in the tank? Sorry Doug, you were here 15 years too soon.

heck, to be devils advocate - he could be great support to marshawn, but make shady uncomfortable in assuming a leadership role, for all we know.

Excellent point. I wonder if that came into play. Another RB brought in to start over Fred but him having the established leadership role on the team.

Excellent point. I wonder if that came into play. Another RB brought in to start over Fred but him having the established leadership role on the team.

IMHO the main reason Fred was cut was because the new HC came in and put "his guy" in at QB. He needs "his guy" to be the leader, not a backup RB.

What is this nonsense about him going there to be a glorified babysitter? You people do realize Seattle won a super bowl (and probably should have won another) without a "babysitter" for Lynch. If it happens, this is a smart move by a smart organization for the sole purpose of winning football games. Fred is a gamer and a team that's gone the distance two years in a row recognizes that. The one that hasn't sniffed the playoffs since the turn of the century sees differently.

What is this nonsense about him going there to be a glorified babysitter? You people do realize Seattle won a super bowl (and probably should have won another) without a "babysitter" for Lynch. If it happens, this is a smart move by a smart organization for the sole purpose of winning football games. Fred is a gamer and a team that's gone the distance two years in a row recognizes that. The one that hasn't sniffed the playoffs since the turn of the century sees differently.

True. True. Seattle is light at backup RB. They got the Beast and Turbin and then a guy they drafted that has not worked out. Earth to Rex and TBD, Fred can still play an effective role on a good team.

It's like people just block out that 3 of the last 4 seasons that Fred was injured and did not play the whole season. You don't need to make up wild conspiracy theories to understand why the move was made.

Yes, It sucks. It's silly to invent magical scenarios about a group of angels descending from heaven on the backs of Unicorns to proclaim Fred the greatest RB of all time and that the Bills got rid of him because that was an affront to McCoy's Honor.

Disagreed with decision to cut Fred, but what's done is done. Glad he is heading to a contender (I've been to that stadium and it is loud as hell, so it should be pretty fun for him).

How does it work when you pick up a player that has been cut? Do you inherit that guy's remaining contract, or do you have to do a new contract?

It's like people just block out that 3 of the last 4 seasons that Fred was injured and did not play the whole season. You don't need to make up wild conspiracy theories to understand why the move was made.

Yes, It sucks. It's silly to invent magical scenarios about a group of angels descending from heaven on the backs of Unicorns to proclaim Fred the greatest RB of all time and that the Bills got rid of him because that was an affront to McCoy's Honor.

i agree, and simply made it as a counter point to the "he mentors marshawn, why cant he be that guy here" side. its possible that role just doesnt make sense for our roster while it does there.

I agree with your premise on why they chose to move on from Fred. But why would angels descend on the backs of unicorns? That makes no sense.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

Disagreed with decision to cut Fred, but what's done is done. Glad he is heading to a contender (I've been to that stadium and it is loud as hell, so it should be pretty fun for him).

How does it work when you pick up a player that has been cut? Do you inherit that guy's remaining contract, or do you have to do a new contract?

new contract

Truth. I think this comes from having a young and insecure GM. Hopefully, he'll mature over time.

Am i really seeing posts saying McCoy is threatened by Jackson? Well, was

McCoy is supposed to be a top 3 back, Jackson should have been nothing to him. McCoy is no leader, I remain opposed to the trade, and I'd rather have Jackson, Kiko and karlos with Dixon and Brown then I would McCoy and no jackson

Once he was cut by the Bills, I could not care less what team he signed with or how that team does.

I think that's pretty harsh. It's not unusual to have favorite players on other teams - guys you liked in college, ex-bills, etc.

This year I will be rooting for Fred Jackson and Stevie Johnson

I think that's pretty harsh. It's not unusual to have favorite players on other teams - guys you liked in college, ex-bills, etc.

This year I will be rooting for Fred Jackson and Stevie Johnson

I won't they are not playing for the Buffalo Bills I won't even follow them....

I have 0 allegiances to any player unless they are on the roster.

I hope FJ does well, but in all honesty it wouldn't bug me a bit if he didn't

Edited by Snorom

Once he was cut by the Bills, I could not care less what team he signed with or how that team does.

For the most part I agree. The team I root for is the Bills. I'll pay a passing interest when he plays the local 49ers...and hopes he helps beat them. I thought I'd pay an interest in Stevie once he joined the 49ers, but there was nothing. I expect my interest in Fred to be about the same,.,Meh. Thanks for the memories, but if you're not a Bill (and you're not on my fantasy team)...not a big interest.

Good place for Freddie to land. Great organization with a chance to win. And he should get some solid play time up there. In longer third down situations Freddie could see a lot of playing time, then of course there could be an injury to Lynch or one of the backups that could see him get legit carries. I think Freddie will have a decent year 25-30 receptions a few hundred yards on the ground and through the air with 2-4 TD's.

I would bet anything that if Seattle also had Karlos, Boobie and Bryce as backups to Marshawn, they would not be signing Fred. Turbin just isn't very good.

People are vastly overstating how good Bryce and Boobie are. They are nothing special, even as backups. Karlos, on the other hand, has the luxury of the jury still being out.

People can talk up this move all they want (because fans seem to be able to rationalize anything the team does) but it was a sh*t move and he will be missed on this team. His leadership will be a hole that won't be filled and the guy did all the little things on offense that don't often get recognition. Those little things add up over the coarse of a season. Boobie, Bryce and Karlos - none of them will make up for what the team lost in FJ.

ROTFLMAO

this is hysterical... man nothing but comedy these days

Its hysterical..

I won't they are not playing for the Buffalo Bills I won't even follow them....

I have 0 allegiances to any player unless they are on the roster.

I hope FJ does well, but in all honesty it wouldn't bug me a bit if he didn't

You are very intense.

People are vastly overstating how good Bryce and Boobie are. They are nothing special, even as backups. Karlos, on the other hand, has the luxury of the jury still being out.

People can talk up this move all they want (because fans seem to be able to rationalize anything the team does) but it was a sh*t move and he will be missed on this team. His leadership will be a hole that won't be filled and the guy did all the little things on offense that don't often get recognition. Those little things add up over the coarse of a season. Boobie, Bryce and Karlos - none of them will make up for what the team lost in FJ.

I was just answering a post of why Seattle will sign him. I didn't want him released. I thought we should keep him for all the reasons you gave.

I think you are forgetting however that he has had substantial injuries all three of the last three years. Not counting this preseason. More fragile than Goodwin. And that if McCoy goes down he could not be counted on to carry 15-20 carries a game.

I think there were 15 good reasons to keep him and 10 to release him. I would have kept him. But Seattle is going to sign him because they have crappy backups.

Freddy was the 2nd best RB in the lineup and no other Bills RB's have accomplished enough to say otherwise

I get cutting older players but when they make peanuts shouldn't a team wait for somebody to unsurp them first?