Fred Jackson expected to sign with Seattle(update-signed)

YoloinOhio

as Cris Carter said on mike and Mike this morning, if Fred can get Marshawn to wear the right shoes and not make inappropriate gestures and 15 yard penalties when he scores TDs, he is worth his weight in gold. Marshawn was actually pissed when they moved on from

Percy Harvin, they were friends. They want him happy and controlled. Fred is perfect, and can still play.

Good points...the idea that Fred may have more value in that role in Seattle than he does in the role he'd have here seems to be lost on some folks.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as Cris Carter said on mike and Mike this morning, if Fred can get Marshawn to wear the right shoes and not make inappropriate gestures and 15 yard penalties when he scores TDs, he is worth his weight in gold. Marshawn was actually pissed when they moved on from

Percy Harvin, they were friends. They want him happy and controlled. Fred is perfect, and can still play.

Exactly. A high character guy who can still play is invaluable for a top team. A guy who can keep the stars aligned and a locker room together. They dump Harvin for poor character, we pick him up, then send them Freddy Jackson gift wrapped and ready for a championship run.

Good points...the idea that Fred may have more value in that role in Seattle than he does in the role he'd have here seems to be lost on some folks.

Too many people are viewing this as a zero sum equation. It is not. It is possible that both the Bills and the Seahawks are doing the right thing here as both teams improve their positions.

I was extremely hapy to wake up to this news. The Hawks are my NFC squad and I am going to a few games. I get to see Freddy and will definitely be wearing my Bills #22 to both games.

That being said, the Hawks Oline is a disaster and I really would be amazed if they were even close to a SB team because of it. When I say mess, I mean that the last years Bills line with Pears starting at C and Richardson at G might actually be a massive improvement. They look terrible right now. Freddy is going to have his work cut out for him as a blocker.

It will be interesting to see if Freddie can beat out Marshawn once again.

I hate the idea that the Bills will probably finally make the playoffs and Fred Jackson won't be on the team, but I think playing for Seattle will ensure him that his team makes the playoffs. I think the NFC West is collapsing (can't credit Arizona yet, and SF is a disaster) so Seattle should skate into the division win.

I feel bad for Fred I love everything the Bills have done this off season except cut Fred. You can not replace his heart and his will to win. Guys like Bryce Brown are a dime a dozen you can get

them anytime in the rounds 3 thru 6 in next years draft. Or if your scouting is good like the Bills is maybe as a undrafted college free agent. This release of Jackson is a mistake

no it won't cost the Bills wins or ruin the team but it takes away that special feeling the team had going on this summer. This team is poised to do something great this year and Fred Jackson is there leader

you don't go into battle without your true leader. I know Fred would not have played a lot this year but for me his role would have been an important one of leadership and captain of this football

team. For the life of me I can't understand how Rex and Doug don't understand this. Did you here what Fred said after he was cut he would have given anything to retire a Buffalo Bill.

That means he would have taken a pay cut, maybe played special teams he would have done what ever it took. Here is a guy who led are team last year in rushing and receiving last year.

He is are emotional leader and are community leader and the person who sets the right example of what a athlete should be. How is it the best team in football the last 3 years Seattle can see that and we can't.

Yes I agree at this point in time Bryce Brown might be better at running the ball and faster. But Fred is better at Blocking and getting the extra yard and leading our team and our town and city and this region.

It would be like the Yankees cutting Derrick Jeter. Yes his Skills have diminished and there might be a better younger player in the minors. SO the Bills should have gone to Fred and said that this is your last year

with us make it a good one we want you to do out on top and play in a Bills Playoff game. Then have Fred announce it. I don't know why The Bills management and Terry and Kim Pegula can't understand this.

How can the Bills look them selves in the mirror and think this is ok. I for one was ashamed to be a Bills fan yesterday. I am sad for Fred I wish him well. My my 2nd favorite team is Seattle because I love Russell

Wilson and I wanted the Bills to Draft him. Having Marshawn helps too, now if Fred signs that will really be cool. Fred will protect Wilson on 3rd downs and spell Lynch and will also provide true leadership

to a Superbowl winning team looking to go to a 3rd straight Super Bowl. I hope if the Bills do not win the SuperBowl this year that the Seahawks do so Fred can go out a winner. Fred deserves to be respected.

This is something the Bills management failed to do when the released him yesterday. They tried to say the right things but I'm not buying it. Fred's release does not feel right. my eyes tell me that, my gut tells

me that, and my heart tells me that.

It will be interesting to see if Freddie can beat out Marshawn once again.

It won't be a competition. It will be an apple and an orange.

Lynch is your powerback, handles the big haul.

Jackson is your thoroughbred, handles your specialty situations.

Lynch is your main man, runs it all over, up and down.

Jackson is your expendable man, handles the goal line, gets the wear and tear. Has the last little bit of life drained out.

Lynch is going to be the main guy, Jackson is going to be the alternate, change up man. Who would you rather have on the goal line? Who would you rather have 3rd and 4? Who would you rather have 4th and goal? I'd take Jackson every day of the week.

Lynch seems to being doing fine without Fred so far in Seattle. It's nice that they are friends, but Lynch doesn't seem to need that anymore.

Was their relationship in Buffalo that tight?