Fred Jackson expected to sign with Seattle(update-signed)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that is a bit much, I lived in Renton for 5 years and I watched them live whenever I could. Only game I went to in person was the Romo fumbled snap playoff game and I couldn't have scripted a more enjoyable finish to a Cowboys game.

Greetings neighbor!

I've always been more of a Buffalo Bills fan than a NFL fan. I don't watch a lot of games that aren't Bills games. Just don't have the time.

But my friends & coworkers have jokingly equipped me with a fair amount of Seahawk gear the past few years - shirts, hats, etc. - which has sit unused in drawers. Maybe I'll claim the Hawks as my #2 team now and wear some of this stuff. I'm tempted to go to a game in Seattle wearing my #22 Bills jersey.

as Cris Carter said on mike and Mike this morning, if Fred can get Marshawn to wear the right shoes and not make inappropriate gestures and 15 yard penalties when he scores TDs, he is worth his weight in gold. Marshawn was actually pissed when they moved on from

Percy Harvin, they were friends. They want him happy and controlled. Fred is perfect, and can still play.

Can we keep the inappropriate gesture though.

I love it.

As I understand it, yes.

Yep. And they remained very tight the last few years. They talk all the time. It's probably the main reason that Fred wants to go there. Obviously if Seattle were a losing team he wouldn't likely, so the fact they are a top team is at the top of the list. But if Marshawn was not there he wouldn't automatically have Seattle at the top. They're very close and Seattle obviously sees that as a major plus. It's a perfect fit for Fred, and Marshawn, and for Bills fans.

Fred told a funny story after the Super Bowl. He spoke to Marshawn right after the game and Marshawn said he would get over the fact that Carroll had called a pass and not a run. Fred said he never ever would get over it and he would walk past Pete Carroll every day in practice and say "why did you not run?!" Or something to that affect, I'm sure I didn't get the story exactly correct. But Fred was saying he would harass Carroll every chance he got. We will see if he does that even if it wasn't him that should have got the ball.

Good points...the idea that Fred may have more value in that role in Seattle than he does in the role he'd have here seems to be lost on some folks.

heck, to be devils advocate - he could be great support to marshawn, but make shady uncomfortable in assuming a leadership role, for all we know.

mccoy seems to be a big bryce brown fan, given his comments that brown would start here. maybe brown is that guy for shady, for all we know....

Edited by NoSaint

Lynch seems to being doing fine without Fred so far in Seattle. It's nice that they are friends, but Lynch doesn't seem to need that anymore.

Was their relationship in Buffalo that tight?

They have said they communicate (text, etc) every week. Freddy helped helped him get adjusted to Buffalo and Lynch did try to do so in beginning.

Lynch is not as bad guy as some have portrayed. Sometimes he does not think things thru but is not at heart at bad guy.

They have said they communicate (text, etc) every week. Freddy helped helped him get adjusted to Buffalo and Lynch did try to do so in beginning.

Lynch is not as bad guy as some have portrayed. Sometimes he does not think things thru but is not at heart at bad guy.

Anyone who sticks chicken wings n his socks is OK by me.

Just listened to an interview, here in Charlotte, on local radio with Greg Bell. He covers the Seahawks for the Tacoma sentinel. Panthers pick up a receiver from the Seahawks.

He referenced the pending signing of Freddy. He said he was one of a handful of guys that Lynch was close to and he and Lynch had been in contact almost daily since Lynch left Buffalo. He said Freddy was brought in to keep Lynch happy as this is most likely Lynch's last season.

I LOVE Freddy. If this happens the Seahawks are my NFC team to win the Superbowl. I hope the Bills do but if not the Seahawks are purely for Freddy's sake. That would be awesome for him!!!

Good points...the idea that Fred may have more value in that role in Seattle than he does in the role he'd have here seems to be lost on some folks that are pushing an agenda.

who was in the shoutbox yesterday? i totally called this. i called this yesterday at 2pm, before any type of rumor began this is the perfect set up for both sides.

i may have posted it in a thread yesterday.

Common man. You knows the rules. Link, or it didn't happen. :nana:

Just listened to an interview, here in Charlotte, on local radio with Greg Bell. He covers the Seahawks for the Tacoma sentinel. Panthers pick up a receiver from the Seahawks.

He referenced the pending signing of Freddy. He said he was one of a handful of guys that Lynch was close to and he and Lynch had been in contact almost daily since Lynch left Buffalo. He said Freddy was brought in to keep Lynch happy as this is most likely Lynch's last season.

I LOVE Freddy. If this happens the Seahawks are my NFC team to win the Superbowl. I hope the Bills do but if not the Seahawks are purely for Freddy's sake. That would be awesome for him!!!

OUR old Greg (Tinker) Bell? Haven't heard much about him since we shipped him to LA in the Biscuit trade a few years back.