Dareus unhappy with Bills in contract talks (update:He's ok)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only concern with paying Dareus over $90m here , I think he is worth it but.

Can the Bills afford to resign Glenn , Gilmore and Bradham ?

while I love the last 3 players you mentioned, it is more important to sign a 25 year old first team all pro who is extremely difficult to replace than those 3. They are all good to great players but not yet elite. Imo. I still think they could sign 2 of the 3 if not all 3 plus Dareus. Let the capologist work. Edited by YoloinOhio

while I love the last 3 players you mentioned, it is more important to sign a 25 year old first team all pro who is extremely difficult to replace than those 3. They are all good to great players but not yet elite. Imo. I still think they could sign 2 of the 3 if not all 3 plus Dareus. Let the capologist work.

I will be one happy camper if you are right on this one :thumbsup:

On to the next. He is not the fsce of that D line. Nor is he the most disruptive. He is a great young talent. But he never had any allegiance. He is going to chase the money like many of us knew. He isnt keen on Buffalo. He is keen on whoever will pay him money. He retracts his statement for 2 reasons. He doesnt want the community backlash. And he doesnt want to be ostracized from the team. 16+games lined up next to men that helped make your career, wont be smooth when you have told them that this is gonna be your last year here. How about you not do us the favor of signing the franchise paperwork. Big deal. Sign the friggin 90+ mil contract. Gerald McCoy was not worth the money. And im not willing to go the way of the dolphins and dump 200 mil into a QBand DT. And be scarce on funds for the rest of the team.i want him back but i wont lose a smidge of sleep. I would be way more bummed had we lost Hughes or Mario. There are other DTs on the team. Corbin plays well. And college has a few guys we dont know yet. If this negotiation blows up i would love to do a scouting thread for the next man up

Sully, i presume is now drinking lo- grade 'shine. What else could it be? HIs brain has finally gone mush since one would also presume he puts this on his corn flakes too. 40-50 mil for a tackle of Donkey kong suh skills before he signed the mega deal? maybe? Sandra Bullock IIRC correctly made something like 52 mil on " gravity" since the deal was backloaded. keep it in perspective Sully, and let me know if you need some better quality shine. I read this guys krap but his hard on for Dareus is getting ridiculous. dareus gets 100mil+ or he is gone. And IMO he should go nowhere. This deal should not be playing out like this, Get it done now.

On to the next. He is not the fsce of that D line. Nor is he the most disruptive. He is a great young talent. But he never had any allegiance. He is going to chase the money like many of us knew. He isnt keen on Buffalo. He is keen on whoever will pay him money. He retracts his statement for 2 reasons. He doesnt want the community backlash. And he doesnt want to be ostracized from the team. 16+games lined up next to men that helped make your career, wont be smooth when you have told them that this is gonna be your last year here. How about you not do us the favor of signing the franchise paperwork. Big deal. Sign the friggin 90+ mil contract. Gerald McCoy was not worth the money. And im not willing to go the way of the dolphins and dump 200 mil into a QBand DT. And be scarce on funds for the rest of the team.i want him back but i wont lose a smidge of sleep. I would be way more bummed had we lost Hughes or Mario. There are other DTs on the team. Corbin plays well. And college has a few guys we dont know yet. If this negotiation blows up i would love to do a scouting thread for the next man up

As are most players in the NFL.

Sully, i presume is now drinking lo- grade 'shine. What else could it be? HIs brain has finally gone mush since one would also presume he puts this on his corn flakes too. 40-50 mil for a tackle of Donkey kong suh skills before he signed the mega deal? maybe? Sandra Bullock IIRC correctly made something like 52 mil on " gravity" since the deal was backloaded. keep it in perspective Sully, and let me know if you need some better quality shine. I read this guys krap but his hard on for Dareus is getting ridiculous. dareus gets 100mil+ or he is gone. And IMO he should go nowhere. This deal should not be playing out like this, Get it done now.

This article. Wow, just wow. My favorite part: "Dareus hates when media bring it up, but if hes going to take shots at the team, I feel justified in revisiting his indiscretions over a six-month period." So now Sully works for the Bills management now? Interesting.

Also how the hell does being late to work twice count as "indiscretions" on the same level as the other two? Like Sully has never been late to work before.

This really is just a hit job.

Edited by TheLynchTrain

This article. Wow, just wow. My favorite part: "Dareus hates when media bring it up, but if hes going to take shots at the team, I feel justified in revisiting his indiscretions over a six-month period." So now Sully works for the Bills management now? Interesting.

Also how the hell does being late to work twice count as "indiscretions" on the same level as the other two? Like Sully has never been late to work before.

This really is just a hit job.

Not only that but there are two blatant lies. One, he says that Dareus wants Suh money, and yesterday Dareus flat out said he does not want Suh money, an interview that Sully even references in the piece saying that Dareus backtracked. Plus he says that Dareus doesn't seem to know about the Bills franchising him when Dareus specifically said he would sign the franchise and play yesterday too. Sully was just being a dick.

He looked huge and moved like he was running in loose sand even before his brother being killed in that season that took him a few months to get going

Yea, if the rumored offer is true it's a ridiculous comment to make (even if it wasn't an ideal structure etc...)

It's like thinking you are a 60k a year employee and pitching a fit about not being wanted after a 58k opening offer. It's not like it wasn't even in the ball park.

That's what I'm saying, that's what raises red flags in my eyes. He can be lazy at times, and I worry he becomes somewhat Haynesworthesque if he gets a large contract.

Not only that but there are two blatant lies. One, he says that Dareus wants Suh money, and yesterday Dareus flat out said he does not want Suh money, an interview that Sully even references in the piece saying that Dareus backtracked. Plus he says that Dareus doesn't seem to know about the Bills franchising him when Dareus specifically said he would sign the franchise and play yesterday too. Sully was just being a dick.

or he wrote it before yesterday's interview and then forgot or didn't bother to change it. He's such a tool.

Sully was just being a dick Sully.

This pretty much sums it up. Which is a shame, because on his lucid days he is capable of writing pretty good articles. Unfortunately, those days are few and far between.

or he wrote it before yesterday's interview and then forgot or didn't bother to change it. He's such a tool.

He definitely wrote it before yesterday but he added that Dareus backtracked yesterday and didn't bother to change what he wrote. This is a Sunday column and he surely listened to the Sat interview because he referenced it. He was just being a dick.

That's what I'm saying, that's what raises red flags in my eyes. He can be lazy at times, and I worry he becomes somewhat Haynesworthesque if he gets a large contract.

It's a risk. He's had legal issues, was benched for attendance issues, and though not confirmed I agree on the weight issues. He isn't without baggage.... But he is REALLY good. He's the type that could be an all time great if he stays focused.

Someone mentioned the amount of money on the line...it is not sustainable. I believe this will be last year fro both Wood and KW. But you still have a ton of other contracts to get done....this is not gunna be easy.

Anbody know Tyrods contract?

Way top complicated. There are two conditions where ir will void either after this year or after 2016. Heard it on the radio but it's to complicated to explain. I'm sorry

so you are saying the media is telling lies or they misinterpreted what they saw / heard?

so you are saying the media is telling lies or they misinterpreted what they saw / heard?

I'm saying Sully wrote something he didn't know about, and before it was published he heard what he wrote wasn't true, but then he didn't go back and revise the untruths, he knowingly kept them in there because it fit his narrative. And we know he did this because he specifically mentioned the interview where Dareus refuted two points in Sully's article. That, to me, is blatantly lying.

How/why is "the media" one thing/person?

This latest meanie Buffalo sportswriter B word-fest is about one particular writer who wrote a weak column.

But "THE MEDIA" is telling lies? Good grief, cue the boogey-man music.

I'm saying Sully wrote something he didn't know about, and before it was published he heard what he wrote wasn't true, but then he didn't go back and revise the untruths, he knowingly kept them in there because it fit his narrative. And we know he did this because he specifically mentioned the interview where Dareus refuted two points in Sully's article. That, to me, is blatantly lying.

He wrote that piece because at the end of the day his job is to play to the peanut gallery, and nothing plays to the Buffalo peanut gallery more than using salt-of-the-earth/lunch-pail rhetoric to criticize an "overpaid" athlete. He knows he's doing this (notice the passage in which he sorta acknowledges this), but he does it anyway. It is a terrible piece written in bad faith.

Edited by dave mcbride

It's a risk. He's had legal issues, was benched for attendance issues, and though not confirmed I agree on the weight issues. He isn't without baggage.... But he is REALLY good. He's the type that could be an all time great if he stays focused.

Weren't they saying that Haynesworth was a generational talent? I love MD when he's playing at his best, but I'm not convinced that he will stay focused when he gets the big bucks. I hope I'm wrong.

He wrote that piece because at the end of the day his job is to play to the peanut gallery, and nothing plays to the Buffalo peanut gallery more than using salt-of-the-earth/lunch-pail rhetoric to criticize an "overpaid" athlete. He knows he's doing this (notice the passage in which he sorta acknowledges this), but he does it anyway. It is a terrible piece written in bad faith.

Yup.

This latest meanie Buffalo sportswriter B word-fest is about one particular writer who wrote a weak column.

Thank you. As soon as I read "the media is..." I disregard whatever follows.

sarcasm -- plain and simple.

my issue with the media is they often post things in haste, get it wrong, then issue a retraction or correction.

Is it wrong to expect them to get it right the first time? To give unbiased reports?

Weren't they saying that Haynesworth was a generational talent? I love MD when he's playing at his best, but I'm not convinced that he will stay focused when he gets the big bucks. I hope I'm wrong.

Well he is going to get paid regardless. whether its 90 million or 100.

We as fans can only hope they can keep the band together a couple more years.

But Whaley needs to look into up and coming DTs now anyways

sarcasm -- plain and simple.

my issue with the media is they often post things in haste, get it wrong, then issue a retraction or correction.

Is it wrong to expect them to get it right the first time? To give unbiased reports?

I think the issue is you are using a broad brush?

So because Dareus yesterday said yesterday he doesn't want Suh money this is a lie?? So if he ends up with like $1mil less in your eyes does that makes Dareus's statement correct? I guess if the Bills were to offer him close to the same he'd turn it down as doesn't want to be paid that much? Not trying to defend Sully too much, but Sully is constantly ripped basically because he's not a homer and doesn't always paint a rosy picture, like any person will distort things to his liking to paint the picture he wants painted. In fact I didn't agree with most of this latest Sully article, but trying to point out this as blatant lies, well quite frankly you're no better than Sully with distorting facts to your liking, just that you like many here all hate Sully so you'll be viewed as a hero for telling it like it is. Only problem is you're telling it to a room full of people mostly all wearing the same rose colored glasses that you are wearing and they will all agree with you.

The pettiness and hatred in sports fans does amaze me! Fanhood is like a holy war.

He definitely wrote it before yesterday but he added that Dareus backtracked yesterday and didn't bother to change what he wrote. This is a Sunday column and he surely listened to the Sat interview because he referenced it. He was just being a dick.

Well said - particularly the last sentence.

Sully and Bucky write their articles "in advance" to advance their own narrative.

So because Dareus yesterday said yesterday he doesn't want Suh money this is a lie?? So if he ends up with like $1mil less in your eyes does that makes Dareus's statement correct? I guess if the Bills were to offer him close to the same he'd turn it down as doesn't want to be paid that much? Not trying to defend Sully too much, but Sully is constantly ripped basically because he's not a homer and doesn't always paint a rosy picture, like any person will distort things to his liking to paint the picture he wants painted. In fact I didn't agree with most of this latest Sully article, but trying to point out this as blatant lies, well quite frankly you're no better than Sully with distorting facts to your liking, just that you like many here all hate Sully so you'll be viewed as a hero for telling it like it is. Only problem is you're telling it to a room full of people mostly all wearing the same rose colored glasses that you are wearing and they will all agree with you.

The pettiness and hatred in sports fans does amaze me! Fanhood is like a holy war.

Do you believe what you just wrote? That maybe Dareus saying he doesn't want Suh money means or could mean he wants 1m less? Of course not. It means he's not asking for that much but Sully said he was, THEN learned he wasn't, but still left that in there after he changed his report for it to be in Sunday's paper. That's a blatant lie. The Bills are going to offer him the least they possibly can but still sign him. They are not going to offer him Suh money either. That's a ridiculous statement IMO. The article would have been fine if it was printed Saturday. Saturday that stuff may or may not have been true and he would have been in his right to infer it. But Dareus said something different on Saturday and Sully knew he did BECAUSE HE REFERENCED IT.