Dareus unhappy with Bills in contract talks (update:He's ok)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the criticism has to do with blasting the team publically in the media. I don't think that's what "anyone else would do managing their own affairs." He has been offered a contract in between McCoy and Suh, which is what he is worth IMO. Should they go higher? Sure, and they probably will. But acting greatly insulted that they didn't just throw Suh's contract at him and call it a day, which is an absurd contract to begin with, is a tactic that is a bad look when voiced so publically and the " dime a dozen" was hilariously over the top.

they don't appear to be balking at making him one of the highest paid DTs. They offered him in between McCoy (7 years 95 mil) and Suh.

They are offering less than McCoy.

Pay the man. Penny pinching Bills are yesterdays flavor. I'm tired of losing. Pay your playmakers.

They did pay some playmakers this year. McCoy, Clay, Hughes, and Harvin. The issue isn't that they won't pay, it's the priority of who they'll pay and how that affects other players. It should be based on team building priorities.

When you make a decision on one guy, it's going to impact another. Look at Seattle with Russell Wilson. They chose to prioritize him over guys like Kam Chancellor. Probably a wise decision, but now Chancellor is holding out.

The Bills are finally reaching a point where they cannot possibly re-sign all of their guys. Someone will be let go via UFA. At the same time, this is a tremendous departure from the days when they could afford players (Peters, Clements) but management forced them to improve the bottom line.

Edited by BillsVet

They did pay some playmakers this year. McCoy, Clay, Hughes, and Harvin. The issue isn't that they won't pay, it's the priority of who they'll pay and how that affects other players. It should be based on team building priorities.

When you make a decision on one guy, it's going to impact another. Look at Seattle with Russell Wilson. They chose to prioritize him over guys like Kam Chancellor. Probably a wise decision, but now Chancellor is holding out.

The Bills are finally reaching a point where they cannot possibly re-sign all of their guys. Someone will be let go via UFA. At the same time, this is a tremendous departure from the days when they could afford players (Peters, Clements) they could afford but management forced them to improve the bottom line.

Chancellor signed a deal last year if I'm not mistaken. He just thinks he deserves more now even though his contract isn't up.

Chancellor signed a deal last year if I'm not mistaken. He just thinks he deserves more now even though his contract isn't up.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13473403/kam-chancellor-not-report-seattle-seahawks-deal

Chancellor signed a deal before the 2013 season through 2016. Michael Bennett is also unhappy about his deal and Lynch had contract issues last off-season.

This is the price you pay when your team gets good. Guys want to get paid. The Bills however haven't gotten good just yet though, which illustrates how important it is to win now.

Joe Banner apparently wants a job working for Whaley as he continues to tweet about their personnel while employed with another team

@JoeBanner13: Bills have overpaid on every contract this off season, and they really need Dareus. Everybody should relax this will get done & will be huge

Joe Banner apparently wants a job working for Whaley as he continues to tweet about their personnel while employed with another team

@JoeBanner13: Bills have overpaid on every contract this off season, and they really need Dareus. Everybody should relax this will get done & will be huge

its odd. at what point is it tampering?

I am sorry Marcell but I am calling BS. You know the Bills want you. You want to play for the team. You just want as much money as possible. I get it. Everyone gets it. This was nothing more than a ploy executed by his agent to leak dissatisfaction to the media to put pressure on the front office for more money....or a better deal. I so wish players would keep their negotiation ploys out of the media...

you can trade, but the player has to have signed the tag

Thank you, Saint

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13473403/kam-chancellor-not-report-seattle-seahawks-deal

Chancellor signed a deal before the 2013 season through 2016. Michael Bennett is also unhappy about his deal and Lynch had contract issues last off-season.

This is the price you pay when your team gets good. Guys want to get paid. The Bills however haven't gotten good just yet though, which illustrates how important it is to win now.

I hate those situations. I would let him sit all year, and fine him accordingly for failure to report. Time to show the players a lesson, vice them having ownership by the tail.

I would let him sit all year, and fine him accordingly for failure to report. Time to show the players a lesson, vice them having ownership by the tail.

Only if you want to make it impossible to sign future UFA's and re-sign your own talent at the end of their contract.

Dareus is risking a lot going into this season and possibly next season under the franchise tag. If he suffers a major injury he will suffer financially. BJ Raji took the same risk a couple of years ago and it backfired. Dareus knows this. His agent knows this. They haven't received an offer in a couple of weeks and they desperately want one in order to avoid these risks. $100M/6 years should do it.

It's just part of the negotiation process. One puts a bid in that below value, while the other puts in a bid that's above value and they keep exchanging bids until an agreement can be reached. This is not going to be settled quickly, as evident by contracts for Jerry Hughes, Dez Bryant and Russell Wilson. It's nothing to panic over either right now. The Bills can use the franchise tag on Dareus if a deal is not done in time. Players threaten to hold out all the time, but deals are usually done right at the deadlines.