Dareus unhappy with Bills in contract talks (update:He's ok)

YoloinOhio

Thanks Richie. Way to call out the guys that paid you when no one else would.

I hope he plays guard well but I'll probably not be his biggest fan

I hope he plays better than he did the other night that's for sure.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.....how does the Hughes situation look compared to this....looks to me like Jerry Hughes conducted himself in a much more professional manner

Hughes laughed at the idea of a hometown discount and said he never heard of such a ridiculous thing. And then later said it's a business and he may test the FA market although he wants to stay. And then gave a hometown discount.

So.....how does the Hughes situation look compared to this....looks to me like Jerry Hughes conducted himself in a much more professional manner

You tell me.

Marcell Dareus: "I want to be a part of the Bills, but this is a business... We're going through negotiations."

Dareus speaking to the group: "I want to be here but at the same time it's a business. A couple words aren't going to make anything change."

Dareus on franchise tag: "If that's what they're considering, there's not much I can do." Says he would sign the tender.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/09/buffalo-bills-jerry-hughes-free-agent-discount

Hughes on hometown discount and negotiations: "I’ve never heard of that,...That’s a nice little deal to throw out there, but yeah, I’ve never heard of a hometown discount in the business world.”

Hughes on franchise tag: Hughes also said he would not have a problem with the team using the franchise tag on him.

Sounds to me like theyre just reminding folks it's a business. They also both said they'd have no problem with the tag, so it sounds like they arent being too combatant.

A deal will get done. Nothing is being said that isnt said with every big-time negotiation. These are the same lines the agents feed the players, and that get said every time. I'd think we'd all be used to this by now...

Edited by DrDareustein

Think about the conversations that are going on over beers on a night off between Mario, Kyle, Hughes and Marcel. By all accounts those guys really like each other and hang out all the time. Mario, Kyle and Hughes are all telling Marcel, it's a business, you will get your money, but you got to negotiate. They want you but they will try to get you as cheap as they possibly can. You got to ask for every single penny you can and hold hard and stick to your guns. Go get that money. But they will give it to you at the end.

So if road soda's report from earlier today is accurate then they are 10 mill apart. That doesn't seem like that much when you get up that high. We don't know any of the gtd $ though.

Its more about who wins probably. I don t care much for that.

Yep Bills dont want him here.

#dickmove

What if re-signing Dareus means you're going to part ways with Bradham? Or requires re-negotiating Mario's contract? Or hinders the re-signing of Gilmore?

I'm sure they've prioritized who and which positions mean the most based on a) who they already have b) Rex's/Roman's scheme needs and c) ability to replace the player based on position played.

They may "only" be apart 15M over the length of the deal, but that's money not going to someone.

Yep, a franchise QB

Hughes laughed at the idea of a hometown discount and said he never heard of such a ridiculous thing. And then later said it's a business and he may test the FA market although he wants to stay. And then gave a hometown discount.

Good point. I think the discount was also in reference to the other three guys on the line being his close friends. They way the four of them were hanging out together during and after Marios interview on Thursday with the sideline reporter, makes me think the Deal gets done with Dareus. The Bills will be close and Dareus will not want to break up a good thing, my hope and thoughts. Hughes set the precedent and I think it came with the knowledge from Marcel and the Bills that a deal will get done for everyone. Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Think about the conversations that are going on over beers on a night off between Mario, Kyle, Hughes and Marcel. By all accounts those guys really like each other and hang out all the time. Mario, Kyle and Hughes are all telling Marcel, it's a business, you will get your money, but you got to negotiate. They want you but they will try to get you as cheap as they possibly can. You got to ask for every single penny you can and hold hard and stick to your guns. Go get that money. But they will give it to you at the end.

Yup. He's going to get paid, but there is business to take care of first. Is there video of Mr. Big Stuff making the initial comments? I ask because tone is important, and if he was saying "they don't really want me here" with a ****-eating-grin on his face it kind of changes the tenor of the story. Not that it matters either way, he's not going anywhere.

His recent comments are MUCH more reasonable and measured in my opinion than those from Thurs night.

That's what I think, seemed to be backtracking a bit.

would you rather more guaranteed and less overall, or more overall and less guaranteed?

More guaranteed, the other number is just a number.