Who is going to be the biggest surprise Bill this year?

There are a few to choose from, and it could be someone that was expected to be good but became great.

My pick is going to be Kujo. I wouldn't doubt if he beats out Henderson for the starting RT job and has a solid season. Just a hunch based on a lot of reading.

My second pick is Nick O'Leary. He won't even start and probably won't get 25% of the snaps but I see him consistently making key first down catches and scoring a few redzone TDs as the forgotten man because we have so many weapons.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kujo will start and dominate at RT.

Then the controversy will begin. Do they move Glenn to LG and Henderson to LT??? Will he accept the move? Can Henderson play LT?

Surprise downside: Robert Woods. There may not be enough throws his way to keep him happy and engaged. This guy played ST's last year and maybe he is a great team guy. Hope so because if they double Sammy, then he and Clay and McCoy and Harvin should create havoc.

Leodis. Healthy for the full season and makes the Pro Bowl. With the pressure that Rex will dial up from the front 7, those DB's are going to see some hastily thrown balls, ripe for the pickin. Leodis will be the beneficiary.

Great topic! By my count, 16 different Bills have already been named for surprise up-side so far in the thread, and I think all are realistic choices.

I'll offer these:

Charles Clay - I know many on this board expect great things from him, and his contract reflects very high hopes. Casual fans and national media may well see it for the first time and ordain him the surprise player of the year.

Nickell Robey - He was really pouring it on at the end of 2013 under Pettine. I can't wait to see how Rex uses him. Nickell killed the Dolphins in 2013. The home game was the most dominant game I remember ever seeing from a nickel CB. (The other game he had a pick-6, but I don't remember his play the rest of the game as well.)

I'm Hoping Marqueis Gray gets a long, hard, look... He definitely has the talent... I have zero faith in Charles Clay, and Nick O'leary needs a solid compliment in 2 TE sets. Wishing the best for Manhertz too (Even though he probably won't make it..)

Surprise means unexpected, and that could go either way.

My heart wants me to predict EJ will surprise in a good way, but I don't have any rational basis to predict that. Just hoping.

On the positive side I'll go along with KTD and say KuJo, because the guy has been putting in a tremendous amount of work and he was already labeled a bust by most.

On the negative side I'll say Tyrod. I've never seen a 4th year backup who has thrown 35 passes in the NFL be so pumped up by the media and coaches. The big "surprise" will be that he is truly a backup.

Another potential negative "surprise" could be Eric Wood.

I really hope it is one of our QBs!! That would be marvelous!!

Will that surprise anyone?

I think it will surprise 80% of people who think OBG is hands down better than Sammy.

I'm Hoping Marqueis Gray gets a long, hard, look... He definitely has the talent... I have zero faith in Charles Clay, and Nick O'leary needs a solid compliment in 2 TE sets. Wishing the best for Manhertz too (Even though he probably won't make it..)

The best gauge of future performance is past performance. But, you are HOPING for Gray vs Clay having back too back strong seasons?

The coaching staff and management has ensembled a great team minus a QB. Do you agree? If you don't then you are not being honest. So, our most desired off season pick by the staff you don't have faith in? Then you don't have faith in the direction of our team and staff!

You are trolling or are dumb or are still in a deep dark place from the last 15 years.

Steffan Charles. He will make Dareus expendable

If it is, GREAT. But, I think it would make Kyle Williams expendable not Dareus.

I really hope it is one of our QBs!! That would be marvelous!!

I think it will surprise 80% of people who think OBG is hands down better than Sammy.

The best gauge of future performance is past performance. But, you are HOPING for Gray vs Clay having back too back strong seasons?

The coaching staff and management has ensembled a great team minus a QB. Do you agree? If you don't then you are not being honest. So, our most desired off season pick by the staff you don't have faith in? Then you don't have faith in the direction of our team and staff!

You are trolling or are dumb or are still in a deep dark place from the last 15 years.

If it is, GREAT. But, I think it would make Kyle Williams expendable not Dareus.

OBG = Organic Baby Gas? :sick::lol: