Deflate-gate investigation complete

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JeremyWGR: Boston radio claiming that some scientists disagree with the findings. Like that one out of five dentists that DOESNT like Trident.

Jeremy is on fire right now. He must be loving this. I know I am.

@JeremyWGR: The Patriots are blaming the science. Thats usually a good thing to do, if youre a crazy person. Yes Pats, fight science.

That has to be the tweet of the day right there.

Montana's untarnished achivements remain intact and arguably the best qb of the superbowl era.How? he never cheated.

Tom brady* not so much. This finding and report if true should end any debate. Of course one must add in the

Other cheating by the pats* in previous superbowl seasons.

as for Robert Kraft? Enjoy The blowback A- Hole!

If the GM gets a 4 game suspension for sending some texts, what does the QB get for ordering balls to be doctored?

Reminds me of office space where the two get sent to a federal "pound you in the ass" prison and peter gets a scolding.

I thought Goodell concluded that ignorance is not an excuse with New Orleans though...

True. I'm not sure how you would be able to prove that the coaches knew about this though if it was between him and the other two. Bountygate was basically a team philosophy.

Statement from Robert Kraft:

“When I addressed the media at the Super Bowl on January 26 – over 14 weeks ago – I stated that I unconditionally believed that the New England Patriots had done nothing inappropriate in this process or in violation of the NFL rules and that I was disappointed in the way the league handled the initial investigation. That sentiment has not changed.

“I was convinced that Ted Wells’ investigation would find the same factual evidence supported by both scientific formula and independent research as we did and would ultimately exonerate the Patriots. Based on the explanations I have heard and the studies that have been done, I don’t know how the science of atmospheric conditions can be refuted or how conclusions to the contrary can be drawn without some definitive evidence.

“What is not highlighted in the text of the report is that three of the Colts’ four footballs measured by at least one official were under the required psi level. As far as we are aware, there is no comparable data available from any other game because, in the history of the NFL, psi levels of footballs have never been measured at halftime, in any climate. If they had been, based on what we now know, it is safe to assume that every cold-weather game was played with under inflated footballs. As compelling a case as the Wells Report may try to make, I am going to rely on the factual evidence of numerous scientists and engineers rather than inferences from circumstantial evidence.

“Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome. To say we are disappointed in its findings, which do not include any incontrovertible or hard evidence of deliberate deflation of footballs at the AFC Championship game, would be a gross understatement. In addition, given our level of cooperation throughout the process, I was offended by the comments made in the Wells Report in reference to not making an individual available for a follow-up interview. What the report fails to mention is that he had already been interviewed four times and we felt the fifth request for access was excessive for a part-time game day employee who has a full-time job with another employer.

“While I respect the independent process of the investigation, the time, effort and resources expended to reach this conclusion are incomprehensible to me. Knowing that there is no real recourse available, fighting the league and extending this debate would prove to be futile. We understand and greatly respect the responsibility of being one of 32 in this league and, on that basis, we will accept the findings of the report and take the appropriate actions based on those findings as well as any discipline levied by the league.”

I'd love Brady to be suspended 1 game (lose to Pitt) and then have his season opener @ the 1-0 Bills... probably wouldn't get too loud in there.

Under that scenario...it's a good thing they upgraded the structural / foundation work with the recent rehab.

That would be an unreal environment...

Statement from Robert Kraft:When I addressed the media at the Super Bowl on January 26 over 14 weeks ago I stated that I unconditionally believed that the New England Patriots had done nothing inappropriate in this process or in violation of the NFL rules and that I was disappointed in the way the league handled the initial investigation. That sentiment has not changed.

I was convinced that Ted Wells investigation would find the same factual evidence supported by both scientific formula and independent research as we did and would ultimately exonerate the Patriots. Based on the explanations I have heard and the studies that have been done, I dont know how the science of atmospheric conditions can be refuted or how conclusions to the contrary can be drawn without some definitive evidence.

What is not highlighted in the text of the report is that three of the Colts four footballs measured by at least one official were under the required psi level. As far as we are aware, there is no comparable data available from any other game because, in the history of the NFL, psi levels of footballs have never been measured at halftime, in any climate. If they had been, based on what we now know, it is safe to assume that every cold-weather game was played with under inflated footballs. As compelling a case as the Wells Report may try to make, I am going to rely on the factual evidence of numerous scientists and engineers rather than inferences from circumstantial evidence.

Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome. To say we are disappointed in its findings, which do not include any incontrovertible or hard evidence of deliberate deflation of footballs at the AFC Championship game, would be a gross understatement. In addition, given our level of cooperation throughout the process, I was offended by the comments made in the Wells Report in reference to not making an individual available for a follow-up interview. What the report fails to mention is that he had already been interviewed four times and we felt the fifth request for access was excessive for a part-time game day employee who has a full-time job with another employer.

While I respect the independent process of the investigation, the time, effort and resources expended to reach this conclusion are incomprehensible to me. Knowing that there is no real recourse available, fighting the league and extending this debate would prove to be futile. We understand and greatly respect the responsibility of being one of 32 in this league and, on that basis, we will accept the findings of the report and take the appropriate actions based on those findings as well as any discipline levied by the league.

Cliff notes version of Krafts babble: Weve been caught with our pants down, cannot find a way out so we accept our outcome and punishment. My lawyers have already stated this is undisputable. Edited by Best Player Available

I love that Tom Brady gives uggs to team staff members. The jokes practically write themselves there. The eye rolling at those gifts had to be off the charts.

Our boy!!!

@RapSheet: Important: NFL says Troy Vincent will consider what steps to take in light of the report, possible disciplinary action, for Brady, others

A former Bill gets to swing the hammer? Make it hurt Troy.

Robert Kraft is a despicable human being, the Patriots are habitual cheaters, and Tom Brady is POS. Those are the conclusions that should be drawn from this whole thing.

I think we've know this for a while now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/06/nfl-may-discipline-tom-brady-over-deflategate/

What kind of discipline is Brady facing? That’s impossible to say, given that there’s never been a rules violation like this in NFL history. The league might consider a fine to be severe enough, but a suspension can’t be ruled out.

He'll be suspended for the entirety of preseason. It's harsh, of course, but the NFL takes these things very seriously.