Deflate-gate investigation complete

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The commissioner has come to the conclusion they gained an unfair competitive advantage, however since Bobby Kraft threatened to send Roger to his room without dinner AND promised nothing bad would ever happen again (double pinky swear), there will be no punishment levied at this time."

huh, the day AFTER the draft, how convenient, no picks lost this year.

That is exactly what I was going to post!! They spent however many days on it and it is officially done the 1st business day after the draft. That doesn't seem questionable.... :rolleyes:

huh, the day AFTER the draft, how convenient, no picks lost this year.

I mean, its not like they released the report and punishments today.... we are still likely several weeks from this wrapping up. the timing for this was just an easy day to dump the update to the story.

Only the NFL and Congress could make that report over 100 pages.

Naw, actually Tolstoy and a lot of other masters of authoring works of fiction could easily produce a 100 page on an issue that really should be summarized in a few lines.

In the end, a few lines could say whether they took specific actions outside of the regular game activities or not. It probably takes 100 pages to attempt to justify or attempt to explain away why clearly planned and intentional actions were taken by someone on the Pats payroll which were outside of normal game prep activities.

More like 74 in a 65...It's a little ticky tacky, I get what you're saying but when you think about the big picture....all I can say is WTF?...and why?

The "why?" is a valid question. To me, the "edge" was unnecessary.

Calling this cheating is like calling someone driving 66 in a 65 speeding.

I think the key assessment questions are:

1. How would you feel if your opponents did this playing your team?

2. How would you feel if your team did this?

My answers are:

If an opponent did this to me I'd feel that they were pretty ticky-tack and unprofessional. This action is not a full scale violation of th rules (ex. they regularly made use of performance enhancing drugs but this clearly is a violation of both letter and intent of the rules setting up an equal playing field. One can argue and have reasonable difference of opinion whether this formal violation is driving 1 mph, 5 mph, or 20 mph over the agreed upon speed limit but yes this is a violation of the rules. It really changes the nature of the usual sports argument from how good are these Pats teams to how big should their asterisk be.

2. If my team di8d this to win the SB I would be a bit embarrassed.