Deflate-gate investigation complete

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so if brady had his lawyers turn over 3 non-incriminating texts, you would have been fine with their participation?

really? you think the NFL is censoring the onion in all of this? if it makes you feel any better, it displays fine for me.

On the first point, his lawyers likely would have had to make some kind of affirmation about their search being full and complete, which is probably a big part of why your scenario didn't happen. A major law firm is not going to lie for a client, even Tom Brady. All of which again speaks volumes about what was probably on the phone (nothing good for Tom).

On the second point, I was able to access the article this morning, but couldn't share it onFB. Now even the link doesn't work for me and I checked the mobile version of the Onion's webpage and can't find it. Add that to the list of odd, along with the various media outlets (many of which (like ESPN and NBC) have League ties and contracts) leaping to the Pats** defense.

@MikeGarafolo: Statement from Tom Brady's agent, Don Yee: "The Wells report, with all due respect, is a significant and (cont) http://t.co/90sQ0ETRXl

Whining about the league setting up a sting operation? That's too funny. That whole response reminds me of those guys on the wrong side of the camera on To Catch a Predator. It doesn't matter what I did, you tricked me.

I hate Brady and the Pats* as much as anyone, but if I'm looking at this objectively I think the outrage is a bit overblown (although such is the nature of outrage). If the Bills got caught doing this I'd think it was cheap, but I doubt I'd think lengthy suspensions are in order.

They say if you aren't cheating you aren't trying. I know it's said somewhat tongue in cheek, but there's an element of truth to it too. Obviously there's a line somewhere between minor pine tar on a baseball type stuff and serious cheating like pulling a Tonya Harding. Maybe this crosses that line, but I feel like it's closer to pine tar than paying off the refs.

This statement is so full of crap it would make a honeywagon jealous.

Calling the ethics of the league into question because they tried to catch you breaking the rules? Gold.

the "league" should have known it was a COMMON practice by QB's to alter PSI. a cease and desist letter to ALL 32 teams was the proper course of action.....not a botched sting operation to embarrass one club.

FRAMEGATE..

Tom Brady is the VICTIM here....these two rogue equip guys were SABOTAGING Tom by intentionally OVER INFLATING the balls............................(laffin)

The victim card is often a last resort. He has got to be feeling the heat. It's probably somewhat demented, but knowing he didn't sleep well last night somehow brings me joy. The guy is a phony, period.

I hate Brady and the Pats* as much as anyone, but if I'm looking at this objectively I think the outrage is a bit overblown (although such is the nature of outrage). If the Bills got caught doing this I'd think it was cheap, but I doubt I'd think lengthy suspensions are in order.

They say if you aren't cheating you aren't trying. I know it's said somewhat tongue in cheek, but there's an element of truth to it too. Obviously there's a line somewhere between minor pine tar on a baseball type stuff and serious cheating like pulling a Tonya Harding. Maybe this crosses that line, but I feel like it's closer to pine tar than paying off the refs.

the "league" should have known it was a COMMON practice by QB's to alter PSI. a cease and desist letter to ALL 32 teams was the proper course of action.....not a botched sting operation to embarrass one club.

Both of these.

But that doesn't stop my immense enjoyment of the schadenfreude.

Is it common practice by teams to alter the PSI after a ball has been inspected and approved by the officials? I'd like a link to data supporting that.

For me, my outrage isn't with the Pats**. My outrage is with the league, given they've allowed Brady and company have some very real, unfair competitive advantages over a long period of time. That said, the Commish and Troy Vincent could go a long way in fixing that now. We shall see.

I wonder how common it is though to send a guy in there with a needle after the refs have already checked the balls. These are the things we'll never know.

It's not so much the de facto cheating; it's more (IMO) the bold-faced lying about it. That, combined with the sheer number of Patriots' cheating scandals over the years (Rodney Harrison's HGH dealing, spying on other teams, cutting off other team's helmet communication), combined with the belligerence with which they responded to this investigation, is why I think the NFL is going to hammer them.