Deflate-gate investigation complete

Why didn't he turn over his texts/call log to them? The League said he didn't have to turn over his phone and were only interested in his communications on this matter and with those individuals--they were willing to let Brady and his lawyers do the record combing to come up with those, but he still said no. Similarly, why didn't the Pats* allow the interview of McNally about communications with Brady? In fact, they didn't even pass the request along to McNally or his lawyer.

Those are all the acts of the innocent, right? Also just have to love the smarmy "We good, bro" vibe of Brady to those guys after they got caught. Guys that clearly hated his guts before that, probably because he was such a jerk to them before he needed their cooperation.

I've read the Exec Summary of the report, and it takes a special kind of homer (read: delusional) to hold out any hope that his or her hero(es) were blameless here, from the top of the organization (Kraft (for refusal to fully cooperate) and Brady especially) to the bottom (those two schlubs who did the dirty work).

What's interesting is that I tried to share that on FB and the link doesn't work (it shows the wrong article). Not to sound conspiracy theorish, but I've never had that problem before. It linked to two different articles, too, in the two ways you can share on FB.

This.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there have been a few random quotes here and there from qbs. i dont know if they would satisfy your desire for a link to data, but i think they raise a suspicion that this probably isnt a situation where brady is the only guy to ever do it.

Yet he's the one who's caught. The whole argument of "everyone does it" doesn't get me out of speeding tickets...

the sample quote i gave wouldve given no teeth to suspending him for the super bowl. that was my entire point.

Disagree. Even if he still would've been allowed to play, there was a fire-storm swirling at the time, and it would've only got worse if Brady didn't deny all wrong-doing. Even though most non-Patriots fans knew he was lying, Brady and Belichick's denials seemed to rally the team and its fans.

What's interesting is that I tried to share that on FB and the link doesn't work (it shows the wrong article). Not to sound conspiracy theorish, but I've never had that problem before. It linked to two different articles, too, in the two ways you can share on FB.

I wonder how much Kraft had to pay to have that done so quickly?

:lol:

The link still works for me:

http://www.theonion.com/article/nation-cant-wait-to-hear-patriots-fans-excuses-thi-37819

And here's the link to post it on Facebook, which I just did:

Facebook link

they haven't been fired yet?

the NFL fired one of it's own employees who got caught in the middle of deflategate selling game used equip that was supposed to be donated to charities. he tried to re introduce back into the game one of the balls he had stolen before the game even started.

Yet he's the one who's caught. The whole argument of "everyone does it" doesn't get me out of speeding tickets...

Show me another QB - active or retired - that says that they change(d) the inflation level of balls after they've been checked by the league. Aaron Rodgers admitted to overinflating balls and hoping the league didn't catch them during the approval process. That to me is completely different.

there have been a few random quotes here and there from qbs. i dont know if they would satisfy your desire for a link to data, but i think they raise a suspicion that this probably isnt a situation where brady is the only guy to ever do it.

Right, I don't doubt that it's been done before. I'm genuinely curious how often it actually happens after inspection though. I know Rodgers said he tries to sneak in a few balls that are overinflated prior to inspection, but does he have guys who secretly pump them up (accidental commercial pun) after the inspection is done?

Show me another QB - active or retired - that says that they change(d) the inflation level of balls after they've been checked by the league. Aaron Rodgers admitted to overinflating balls and hoping the league didn't catch them during the approval process. That to me is completely different.

I'm not defending Brady... to me it's irrelevant if other QBs do it... because Brady was caught.

@MikeGarafolo: Statement from Tom Brady's agent, Don Yee: "The Wells report, with all due respect, is a significant and (cont) http://t.co/90sQ0ETRXlYee

So, the league should have tipped off the Pats* before the game about the footballs? Yee is delusional.

Right, I don't doubt that it's been done before. I'm genuinely curious how often it actually happens after inspection though. I know Rodgers said he tries to sneak in a few balls that are overinflated prior to inspection, but does he have guys who secretly pump them up (accidental commercial pun) after the inspection is done?

i dont know - honestly, at that point you are looking for players to come out and admit to a pretty specific thing. i dont think you have many lining up for admissions to begin with, and then when you add qualifiers its even more unlikely.

and i definitely laughed at the accidental pun.

It was really good they pointed out all the geeky tests that were done to be 100% certain nature and cold and science could not cause the difference. Most important point to me. Kraft, and most Pats fans continue to point to " the science". I trust these guys to know way more about that than me or some Pat fan scientist.

And Brady's agent has got to kidding me....yep the NFL wants the most popular athlete in the league to be caught cheating and be the story for the next 4 months.

I get Pops saying it, but this stance is idiotic.

So, the league should have tipped off the Pats* before the game about the footballs? Yee is delusional.

the leagues standard process in complaints like this has always been a memo, not a sting. in that sense, they probably shouldve issued something in order to "remind" teams that they need to tighten up and follow the letter of the rule. even the past commissioner called out the league for the way they did that piece.

the leagues standard process in complaints like this has always been a memo, not a sting. in that sense, they probably shouldve issued something in order to "remind" teams that they need to tighten up and follow the letter of the rule. even the past commissioner called out the league for the way they did that piece.

Honestly, I think there should be more stings and whistle blowers. If the NFL wants to have integrity then they shouldn't have to warn people they should follow the rules. They should catch them in the act like they did.

Honestly, I think there should be more stings and whistle blowers. If the NFL wants to have integrity then they shouldn't have to warn people they should follow the rules. They should catch them in the act like they did.

which is fair enough (assuming they are good about crossing t's and dotting i's in setting it up) - but if the bills were first team to be subject to the sting, im sure you would be frustrated too. not saying it excuses behavior but discussing why the reaction is what it is from some.

which is fair enough (assuming they are good about crossing t's and dotting i's in setting it up) - but if the bills were first team to be subject to the sting, im sure you would be frustrated too. not saying it excuses behavior but discussing why the reaction is what it is from some.

This wasn't the first sting. They were stung during Spygate as well.

Same here. It's bad enough they can send me emails all the time. Not a chance they are looking at my personal texts

and as a celeb, any off color joke sent to him that he blew off with a "haha" instead of "i cant believe you said that" could really send them into a TERRIBLE situation. heaven forbid he has controversial views on a subject and the texts leak. that could be more damaging to a guy than this whole deflate-gate, potentially.

the turning over the phone discussion is an interesting little sidebar topic.