Deflate-gate investigation complete

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: That's actually pretty hilarious. Gronk, sadly, still rules. Love that guy.

For me, if the Brady is suspended for a season, and the Bills win the Super Bowl, it won't be as gratifying.

Of course it wouldn't be gratifying for you. You're a patriot* fan after all.

(That said, I do agree with the sentiment I'd like to see the Bills beat the cheats when Brady is still under center.)

He was cheating from the beginning. The Spygate stuff helped him as well.

100%. That's what this really shows. It's not really about how big a difference those deflated balls made in the outcome of games in my mind, it's about what it says about the patriot* organization and Brady* as a whole. This is a reoccurring theme for a reason with that organization, it's rotten from the top on down.

100%. That's what this really shows. It's not really about how big a difference those deflated balls made in the outcome of games in my mind, it's about what it says about the patriot* organization and Brady* as a whole. This is a reoccurring theme for a reason with that organization, it's rotten from the top on down.

Yet, when all is said and done, there is no proof of anything; just opinion based on speculation and conjecture.

Of course it wouldn't be gratifying for you. You're a patriot* fan after all.

(That said, I do agree with the sentiment I'd like to see the Bills beat the cheats when Brady is still under center.)

OK, I'll bite.

I have loads of anti-Patriot posts. I was a Bills season ticket holder, and have no interest in any other sports team (baseball, hockey, or any other sport). I'm probably a more die hard fan than most people on this board. My feelings about the Patriots transgressions, have nothing to do with my devotion to the Bills.

Yet, when all is said and done, there is no proof of anything; just opinion based on speculation and conjecture.

Oh c'mon, seriously? Do you think there is a 0.0001 % chance these two guys did it themselves, without Brady's knowledge, and then Brady called them over and over right after it broke, saying "are we all good?" And Brady was completely innocent but refused to turn over his phone that would prove his innocence? That's is psychotic.

Oh c'mon, seriously? Do you think there is a 0.0001 % chance these two guys did it themselves, without Brady's knowledge, and then Brady called them over and over right after it broke, saying "are we all good?" And Brady was completely innocent but refused to turn over his phone that would prove his innocence? That's is psychotic.

Brady did what? Ask to deflate the balls? I am 100% certain he asked them to deflate the balls. I am not certain he asked them to deflate the balls to below regulation (the illegal bit of the equation) .... nor does the report prove that he did.

I'm not going to try to claim that he didn't know about it, but even if he didn't, I'm pretty sure he would want to talk to those 2 guys after the story broke. To claim that proves that he was up to something is ridiculous.

I'm not going to try to claim that he didn't know about it, but even if he didn't, I'm pretty sure he would want to talk to those 2 guys after the story broke. To claim that proves that he was up to something is ridiculous.

Circumstantial evidence. Look it up, Thurman.

Brady did what? Ask to deflate the balls? I am 100% certain he asked them to deflate the balls. I am not certain he asked them to deflate the balls to below regulation (the illegal bit of the equation) .... nor does the report prove that he did.

Why didn't he turn over his texts/call log to them? The League said he didn't have to turn over his phone and were only interested in his communications on this matter and with those individuals--they were willing to let Brady and his lawyers do the record combing to come up with those, but he still said no. Similarly, why didn't the Pats* allow the interview of McNally about communications with Brady? In fact, they didn't even pass the request along to McNally or his lawyer.

Those are all the acts of the innocent, right? Also just have to love the smarmy "We good, bro" vibe of Brady to those guys after they got caught. Guys that clearly hated his guts before that, probably because he was such a jerk to them before he needed their cooperation.

I've read the Exec Summary of the report, and it takes a special kind of homer (read: delusional) to hold out any hope that his or her hero(es) were blameless here, from the top of the organization (Kraft (for refusal to fully cooperate) and Brady especially) to the bottom (those two schlubs who did the dirty work).

What's interesting is that I tried to share that on FB and the link doesn't work (it shows the wrong article). Not to sound conspiracy theorish, but I've never had that problem before. It linked to two different articles, too, in the two ways you can share on FB.

Edited by MattM

What I find to be interesting was listening to WGR this morning, Howard and Jeremy both seemed focused on the fact that he won't get suspended because he's Tom Brady without giving mention to the fact that he held this press conference where he stood up and defended his lie. To me, that should be the proverbial nail in the coffin. I don't quite understand how the league will suspend a player for a game or two for "personal conduct", but a guy cheats and is impacting the integrity of the game, lies about it, and more than likely won't be punished closely to what is deserved.

Also, WGR was talking about how more than likely the team will be punished. How do you punish the team when the evidence you have points to an individual player?

I was i the grocery store yesterday and decided to say very loudly, "Tom Brady is a cheater" - At work yesterday, "Tom Brady is a cheater" - This is therapeutic for me. I don't think the Tom Terrific moniker will really hold much water after this. Even if he is a phenomenal QB married to a model and has gloss white teeth; this stupid act has done to him what every (almost every) Bills fan thinks he had comin' to him. Karma, Mr Brady... :devil::devil::devil::devil:

The league and the Pats* cannot shrug this off, and I am confident that even if it tries to be lenient, the football crowds of tomorrow will say, oh.. Isn't that the guy that cheated for all those years? Huh, what a douche.

Why didn't he turn over his texts/call log to them? The League said he didn't have to turn over his phone and were only interested in his communications on this matter and with those individuals--they were willing to let Brady and his lawyers do the record combing to come up with those, but he still said no. Similarly, why didn't the Pats* allow the interview of McNally about communications with Brady? In fact, they didn't even pass the request along to McNally or his lawyer.

Those are all the acts of the innocent, right? Also just have to love the smarmy "We good, bro" vibe of Brady to those guys after they got caught. Guys that clearly hated his guts before that, probably because he was such a jerk to them before he needed their cooperation.

B.

Couple of points here.

1) I understand Brady not turning over his phone...I had not read there was a way to only keep communications about this matter viewable.

2) Krafts statement indicated they interviewed Mc Nally 4 times, and this was the 5 th request...there does need to be and end sometime

3) if these guys hated Tommy boy so much, why not rat him out? Only way I can figure either massive payout from Brady, or they are waiting till they can sell their "exclusive" to someone for well over 7 figures.

All that being said, Brady guilty as hell, but think we do need to be objective and see some of the others side argument.

3) if these guys hated Tommy boy so much, why not rat him out? Only way I can figure either massive payout from Brady, or they are waiting till they can sell their "exclusive" to someone for well over 7 figures.

All that being said, Brady guilty as hell, but think we do need to be objective and see some of the others side argument.

ka ching

Couple of points here.

1) I understand Brady not turning over his phone...I had not read there was a way to only keep communications about this matter viewable.

2) Krafts statement indicated they interviewed Mc Nally 4 times, and this was the 5 th request...there does need to be and end sometime

Brady and his lawyers were give the option of producing the phone log/texts themselves without turning the phone over. He refused. I wonder why? Remember that we know he did reach out to the two schlubs (repeatedly) after the story broke--we know that from them. His refusal alone should be worth 8 games off.

On the interview point, as new evidence surfaces investigators often need to go back and talk again to witnesses--common practice. Here interestingly they wanted to talk to McNally about some newly discovered texts from Brady. See a pattern here?

You quote Kraft's response statement as if it were gospel. Simple question--have you read any of the report? If not, why not? The beauty of the Internet age is that it's all there to see for those who want to see it.

Brady and his lawyers were give the option of producing the phone log/texts themselves without turning the phone over. He refused. I wonder why? Remember that we know he did reach out to the two schlubs (repeatedly) after the story broke--we know that from them. His refusal alone should be worth 8 games off.

so if brady had his lawyers turn over 3 non-incriminating texts, you would have been fine with their participation?

What's interesting is that I tried to share that on FB and the link doesn't work (it shows the wrong article). Not to sound conspiracy theorish, but I've never had that problem before. It linked to two different articles, too, in the two ways you can share on FB.

really? you think the NFL is censoring the onion in all of this? if it makes you feel any better, it displays fine for me.