Who should we take with your #19 pick, Bills fans?

Well we were hoping you wouldn't be that good and we would be picking in the top 10. NOT fair! Hahaha. Just kidding. I am tired of debating who the Browns should take at 19 with Browns fans so thought I'd ask the original owners of the pick who YOU think we should take! I would list our "needs" but we have holes at pretty much every position. Probably the one area we look decent is in the secondary, though I don't have high hopes for Gilbert to take hold of the other CB spot across from Haden and the guy they signed from GB is past his prime. Also, Grimes is gone. RB is OK too.

OK - you are on the clock! Who do you think will be there at 19 that would be BPA for the Browns?

P.S. This is the best NFL fan message board out there. It isn't even close!

P.S. Part 2 If you don't want to talk about the Browns I apologize. In the past, you all have been so knoweldgeable about all teams, not the case on other boards. I thought since it is your pick anyway, you might have ideas.

P.S. part 3 Is there anyone the Browns could pick at 19 this year that would make you regret the trade? I am guessing the answer is "no" but curious.

Well we were hoping you wouldn't be that good and we would be picking in the top 10. NOT fair! Hahaha. Just kidding. I am tired of debating who the Browns should take at 19 with Browns fans so thought I'd ask the original owners of the pick who YOU think we should take! I would list our "needs" but we have holes at pretty much every position. Probably the one area we look decent is in the secondary, though I don't have high hopes for Gilbert to take hold of the other CB spot across from Haden and the guy they signed from GB is past his prime. Also, Grimes is gone. RB is OK too.

OK - you are on the clock! Who do you think will be there at 19 that would be BPA for the Browns?

P.S. Part 2 If you don't want to talk about the Browns I apologize. In the past, you all have been so knoweldgeable about all teams, not the case on other boards. I thought since it is your pick anyway, you might have ideas.

P.S. part 3 Is there anyone the Browns could pick at 19 this year that would make you regret the trade? I am guessing the answer is "no" but curious.

Who would be the BPA? I like Andrus Peat from Stanford.

Who do I think you'll take at 19? I'll say Devin Smith - WR/Ohio State

Anyone that would make me regret the trade? Nope. Love Sammy!

Dorial Green-Beckham because that offense needs a high character guy!!

Jk, if Devante Parker fell he would be a fantastic choice. I don't see him getting by the Vikings though.

I would think that Danny Shelton would be a nice pick if he were still on the board and the same goes for either of the RBs (not that you guys are dying to draft an RB in the 1st after last time).

This really is a pretty lousy draft.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Would you pick at 12 and at 19, or package the two picks and try to trade up? Not sure how high we would get but for example if it was Amari Cooper or Randy Gregory?

Who would be the BPA? I like Andrus Peat from Stanford.

Who do I think you'll take at 19? I'll say Devin Smith - WR/Ohio State

Anyone that would make me regret the trade? Nope. Love Sammy!

:wub:

Due to life being a little off-kilter the last several months, I haven't been able to put in any time really researching Draft picks, so I will defer to others' opinions. But, from watching Cleveland and seeing what little I have of their Off-Season. I'll just say, Offensive line and WR would be at the top of my list. Taking a TE in the 3rd and RB in the 4th.

Dorian Green-Beckham because that offense needs a high character guy!!

Jk, if Devante Parker fell he would be a fantastic choice. I don't see him getting by the Vikings though.

I would think that Danny Shelton would be a nice pick if he were still on the board and the same goes for either of the RBs (not that you guys are dying to draft an RB in the 1st after last time).

This really is a pretty lousy draft.

I'll almost said DGB

Would you pick at 12 and at 19, or package the two picks and try to trade up? Not sure how high we would get but for example if it was Amari Cooper or Randy Gregory?

I just don't know...in a draft that's considerably weaker than the last one, I'd probably keep both picks just to increase my odds of getting a difference-maker.

If you have a shot at a guy like Bud Dupree or Arik Armstead at 12, that might be the way to go.

DT Danny Shelton

Or best WR available

1st rd is "meh" this year so I don't think there is anyone that would make me envious that we didn't get him because of the trade. There are some pretty good OTs in the 1st but the gap between what will be there at 19 and 50 might not be huge. There a couple who will go top 10-15 though. But Sammy>>

I wouldn't trade up. You have too many holes. Make your picks at 12 and 19 for the love of all things holy tell Farmer not to trade down to get more picks. You need real players, not more mid round rookies.

Well, if the Browns were so kind as to draft a WR and said WR had a HOF type career that was obviously better than Sammy's, some posters here could B word about that for the next decade too. That would be logically flawed but that would not stop them.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

Can you package 12 and 19, trade up, and choose a new owner?

(OK, OK, that was mean :(. The truth is I don't follow college ball so I don't have strong opinions, but I would take DT and OT with those two picks if a reasoned argument can be made there's a top quality player at those positions. You seem to need most help on both sides of the line.)

Edited by Hopeful

This is a real post.

Cleveland rocks is a great poster here and always contrite and genial.

Where do you think the weaknesses are and would Browns go bpa ?

I was being sincere.

I think if they land the best available OL at 12, they'll take Gurley or Gordon. With their offense in shambles, I see them trying to build a running game as a foundation for their offense. The receiving class is deep this year, and they can get good talent later in the draft (2nd, 3rd).

I'd trade 12 & 19 to get Leonard Williams 3rd or 4th.

I think the Titans will likely be the same story as the Bradford-Foles trade, ie they aren't trading the 2nd pick unless they are getting a QB. I do expect the Jags & Raiders to be open to moving back.

I think Williams is the clear top position player. Williams & Jameis are my two blue chips from this year. I think the next tier (in no particular order): Mariota, Cooper, Kevin White, Devante Parker, Brandon Scherff, La'el Collins, Fowler, Ray, Beasley, Waynes. People can have other guys they like in that tier, but IMO it's a 12 guy draft at the top. Waynes, the two tackles and the edge rushers aren't glaring needs for the Browns and 12 is a tough spot as you could get one of Cooper / White / Parker or you could get none of them.

Consolidate the picks and remove the risk, putting Williams as a day 1 starter on the line.

Looking at the draft, I'm really not heartbroken about losing 19. I expect all 12 of the guys I mentioned to be gone by then and realistically I think you can get nearly as good a prospect at 50 as 19. If the Browns do keep the pick, I know it wouldn't be popular with the fans but I'd seriously consider Gurley or Melvin Gordon. I view West as JAG and while Crowell showed some nice flashes, he was still a udfa. I worry they are going to put a heavy burden on West/Crowell and neither guy is in the Gurley/Gordon class. One of those two backs would give the team a difference maker to build the offense around while still having cheap quality depth at the position.

Danny Shelton

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I was being sincere.

I think if they land the best available OL at 12, they'll take Gurley or Gordon. With their offense in shambles, I see them trying to build a running game as a foundation for their offense. The receiving class is deep this year, and they can get good talent later in the draft (2nd, 3rd).

I thought you gave a thoughtful answer !

Ok, the Manziel thing was a low blow. I apologize. I think if you don't go WR at #12 then the pick will be a WR @ #19. So if you all go defense or elsewhere and get a Danny Shelton @ #12 I then think you all turn around and take a WR like Breshad Perriman @ #19. Some may call it a reach, but the guy has 4.2 wheels @ 6'2" 215lbs. You all DEFINITELY need some playmakers on offense. Now, if they choose to take a WR early @ #12 like Devante Parker then I see you all taking Todd Gurley @ #19.

If you could package those and move up to get Cooper or the WV guy, that would be my choice. You know your D is going to be good and what your O can do with a Gordon. So go get a Gordon that can avoid being suspended

Trading out of Watkins to turn around and use the pick to trade up for a wr the next year would be a very Cleveland move. I'll go with that one.

Trading out of Watkins to turn around and use the pick to trade up for a wr the next year would be a very Cleveland move. I'll go with that one.

Farmer :censored:

Any thoughts on Bud Dupree out of Kentucky? Pettine seems high on him.

Also the latest rumor is the Browns are the frontrunner to package 12, 19, and next year's 1st to move to 2 for Mariota. The Browns new QB coach worked with him pre-combine.