Chip Kelly offered a rd 1 pick for Bradford

Could the Bills have done this. Next yrs 1 ? I heard Kelly was pissed we leaked the Shady deal early.

That was my first thought, since Kelly didn't say it was a first round pick in this year's draft. Prob trying to create a market for Bradford to collect a second first round pick this year, then trade those two picks to get up high enough to get Mariota. He says he doesn't want Mariota but that's all a cover IMO.

Edited by strive_for_five_guy

Could the Bills have done this. Next yrs 1 ? I heard Kelly was pissed we leaked the Shady deal early.

Bradford is on the last year of the last insanely high rookie contract so it would have made no sense for the Bills to give up next years 1st round pick on a player in his last contract year who has shown very little other than the ability to get hurt easily.

I think the Bills will have better QB options next year like trading for possibly Kaepernick, Rothlesberger, E. Manning or Brees. Odds are that one of these teams will probably be ready to move on with a rookie QB and would take Bills 2016 high draft picks and use them to position themselves to draft one. Of course there's always the long shot scenario that EJ Manuel is playing like a very good QB down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Yeah right Chip. For your underachieving immobile qb coming off his second torn ACL in back to back seasons.

You mean you got offered a conditional first round pick next year if he throws over 4000 yards.

I like Chip but everyone needs to stop pretending he's gods.gift.to the nfl. His record against winning teams is weak and until he wins a playoff game he's just like any other guy with a plan.

Cause most teams that need a QB don't have a Foles to sweeten the deal.

Dingding winner winner chicken dinner!

Rams weren't trading Bradford just for picks. They wanted a QB that had more potential in their view. I think Foles is the only one they really would have gone for, but I could be wrong.

That 2013 season, you know!

It's a sweet deal for the Rams - they not only got a QB they think of as more promising than Bradford, they got a 2nd round pick.

Was driving up through Pennsylvania yesterday and Cleveland sports radio claimed it was the Browns who made the offer

Those poor guys.

McCown instead of Hoyer was not an upgrade IMHO.

No way I want Bradford a Bill. The guy is an injury waiting to happen. I live in the Philly area and let me tell you they are extremely upset with this whole Kelly thing. You give up McCoy for a linebacker who might be ready for training camp to save money and then throw the same money to a Dallas Cowboy. If this season starts out poorly they are going to run him out of town. I for one am going to enjoy watching it happen.

Edited by ORTON1QB

a 1st for a guy who had 2 ACL knee surgeries? say it aint so.

my wife was reading some FB stuff and read this to me

Bradford dislocated his elbow hanging up the phone with Chip.

Chip also claimed they wouldn't break the bank for Mariota..

who wants to (gentleman's) wager he's telling the truth or telling a lie?

Typically the logic is a pick one year out is valued one round lower so offering next years 1st rounder owuld be the equivalant of offering thme a 2nd this year. So probably not likely you'd get him for that.

Maybe this years 2nd and next years 1st would have got the deal done??

But would we even want to

I think Kelly is full of it....Why wouldn't teams have gone to the Rams to get Bradford?

Definitely seemed like a strange off the cuff comment (he said it on NFLN last night), especially because in his next breath he went on to talk about what a great QB Bradford is and how he's a great fit for his O, etc.

This is like the time Buddy got 70 calls for our pick (or was it a player...?).

Maybe I've been reading the title incorrectly.

I think Chip Kelly offered the Rams a 1st rounder for Bradford but, out of pity for his obvious manic episode and need for meds, St. Louis took pity upon him and helped him out.

GO BILLS!!!

Really good interview with Joe Banner about Kelly. Definitely worth reading given the tone of this thread: http://mmqb.si.com/2015/03/13/joe-banner-chip-kelly-philadelphia-eagles-overhaul/

Obviously, everything remains to be seen. Evaluating moves in March is just dumb. I think Kelly is a genius offensively. To make Sanchez look like a somewhat passable QB is amazing.

I do think to much change in the NFL is a bad thing. Especially at some of your key positions like QB. He is also banking on guys with very questionable injury situations.

If Kelly makes the playoffs after this, he deserves to be called a genius. If not, he will be a college coach next year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/13/which-team-offered-the-rams-a-first-round-pick-for-bradford/

No. 32: Patriots.

No. Tom Brady.

No. 31: Saints.

No; they acquired the pick at or about the same time Bradford was traded. Besides, Drew Brees.

No. 30: Packers.

No. Aaron Rodgers.

No. 29: Colts.

No. Andrew Luck.

No. 28: Broncos.

Most likely, no. Peyton Manning for one more year.

No. 27: Cowboys.

No. Tony Romo.

No. 26: Ravens.

No. Joe Flacco.

No. 25: Panthers.

No. Cam Newton.

No. 24: Cardinals.

Maybe, but Carson Palmer received a big contract two days before tearing an ACL. They likely wouldn’t add another $12.985 million for another guy with a twice-torn ACL, especially when they may still be trading for a running back with a once-torn ACL.

No. 23: Lions.

No. Matthew Stafford.

No. 22: Steelers.

No. Ben Roethlisberger.

No. 21: Bengals.

No. Andy Dalton. (Fans may not be sold on him, but the team is.)

No. 20: Eagles.

No need to give up the 20th pick when they were willing to give up Foles.

No. 19: Browns.

And we have a winner

Looks like those Cleveland radio hosts I was listening to driving through Pennsylvania a few days ago might have been right about the Browns offering a 1st round pick to the Eagles for Bradford

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/3/15/8215405/eagles-news-browns-reportedly-offered-first-round-pick-sam-bradford

Edited by matter2003