Matt Cassel a Bill

Nanker

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Cassel throwing the ball and Shady running the ball behind an improved line in a Rex Roman offense?

Combined with a Top Ten ST unit and a Top Five defensive unit.

Life could be worse.

I'd still like to see us acquire another offensive lineman or two, and a TE.

Btw, Cassel's career QB rating is about the same as Orton's and higher than Sanchez's.

Yeah. I wanted Moore. But didn't want Hoyer or Sanchez. We need a vet that can handle the ball and get it downfield.

Cassel went 6-14 in the 1994 LLWS, and his team won it all. So he has championship experience.

Edited by dave mcbride

Cheap ish

@JaySkurski: Matt Cassel has one year left on his contract at $4.75M. That leaves the #Bills with $12.833M of cap space to take into free agency.

Won't be much left IF they are trying to sign Hughes as well.

Hate having to give up any picks at all - at least with FA garbage QB you're not giving anything up

cassel was a likely cut, and has 1 year on his contract. id be shocked by "3rd or 4th at the worst" and think we are looking at a 4th as the highest.

Given what we traded for Bryce Brown and Mike Williams, would a 3rd or a 4th shock you?

Why give up draft picks when he is no better than FAs out there? We could use those picks to get linemen to develop. I am not liking this move much. Hopefully, the picks are below round 4.

Maybe the Bills think he is better then other FA's out there? And it's no guarantee that you will sign the FA you want.

Meh. I'm fine with it--depending on what draft picks they gave up. I actually think I prefer Cassel to many of the other options that were/are available.

Cheap ish

@JaySkurski: Matt Cassel has one year left on his contract at $4.75M. That leaves the #Bills with $12.833M of cap space to take into free agency.

That cap number seems off.

Cassel does nothing for me, but it's tough judging without knowing what picks. Is it too much to hope we traded our 2 5ths for Cassel and the Vikings 4th?

That cap number seems off.

Cassel does nothing for me, but it's tough judging without knowing what picks. Is it too much to hope we traded our 2 5ths for Cassel and the Vikings 4th?

it may be correct as if this second, but lots of shoes to fall. Restructure shady, cuts, etc. Edited by YoloinOhio

As I said in the Cassel thread... this time last year I was quite keen on taking him as a FA to compete and back up EJ. I think this kind of tells you what they are thinking.... there is going to be a competition for this job and EJ is going to be part of it.

Not thrilled or mad. Better than Sanchez or Hoyer. Not good not horrible.

Yeah, better than McCown.

These were my first thoughts exactly. Would still like to see Moore or Locker.

it may be correct as if this second, but lots of shoes to fall. Restructure shady, cuts, etc.

When I was playing with the cap simulator, cutting Rivers and Chris Williams and restructuring Mario got us up to just under $40 mil of cap space. Obviously there's a lot of shoes to still fall, but I'm wondering if he's incorrectly looking at Shady's $12 mil number instead of the $9.25 mil number to start with.

@alexmarvez: . @buffalobills swap their 1st 2015 5th-round pick for @Vikings 2015 6th-rounder and give Min a 2016 7th-rounder for Matt Cassel @NFLonFOX

So very little in the end. Very good deal IMO.

Stop comparing anyone to Orton. Orton played like he was half retired last year. At least Cassel can throw deep, wants to compete to be a starter, and will try to win games instead of saving his body for retirement. Orton can kiss my a$$.

Hey stop beating around the bush & tell us how you really feel.