Matt Cassel a Bill

Nanker

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we needed a veteran QB on the roster though I can't say I'm excited.

Surprised to see he has a lifetime 80.1 QB rating. It's not Tom Brady but it's higher than I thought it would have been.

I hope EJ learned a lot last year and he'll be good enough to beat out Cassel. In other words, my big hope is that EJ is actually good in 2015 and we won't need to start Cassel.

Worse than Sanchez in my opinion, and by a fair amount. But it really doesn't matter much. They're all bad options. He's gotten worse every year of late, and is basically a statue. He did play in the little league world series though, and that's pretty cool.

The basic question I ask myself is this: is player X (in this case, Cassell) an upgrade over Orton? I'd say no here.

Everyone will have their own opinions, biases and hierarchy when it comes to these crappy options. Sanchez to me is the very last guy I want. He is terrible. And a killer to your team with his carelessness. Stats only tell part of his story. Highlight reels too. He is one of the very worst Qbs out there. Just sucks, and I have watched him a lot, including last year.

Why give up draft picks when he is no better than FAs out there? We could use those picks to get linemen to develop. I am not liking this move much. Hopefully, the picks are below round 4.

almost certainly will be 4 or later. i venture itll be a 5 and 6 with a 7 coming back kind of situation.

Everyone will have their own opinions, biases and hierarchy when it comes to these crappy options. Sanchez to me is the very last guy I want. He is terrible. And a killer to your team with his carelessness. Stats only tell part of his story. Highlight reels too. He is one of the very worst Qbs out there. Just sucks, and I have watched him a lot, including last year.

I'm hardly pining for Sanchez. I just think he's a lot more talented than Cassell. I watched a bit of Cassell in random games over the last couple of seasons, and he's just not any good. At this point in his career, he's a well-below-average athlete. He's not as bad as, say, Christian Ponder, but he's not good. I'm not criticizing the move; I knew they were going to chase down one of these stiffs.