Right from Jerome Bettis mouth.... Great meet and great!

mellaman101

Well, one of my retirement gifts from the Navy for my wife putting up with me for 20 years was to take her to Jerome Bettis Grill in Pittsburgh.

HANDS OFF A+ place to eat if any of you get into town! (the steaks are GREAT)

Jerome was in and saw me sporting my Bills gear so we got to talking.

We talked about Rex and Jerome said the Bills now have a attitude and will win with that. He said Rex is no slouch and will get it done in Buffalo.

I asked about how he felt how close the Bills are and he said like everyone else. "QB and O-line will do it. They are Seattle in the makings if done right" He loves Bills D and thinks Hughes should be kept (I agreed with him).

We also talked about Buffalos QB situation and he personally knows Whaley from his days in Pittsburgh. He said Whaley is a class act and VERY smart (he said that 3 times over). He said the reason Whaley is up there is because he can get things done.

He also said No way they would of landed Rex without a plan for a QB to step in. Jerome said "watch the trade wire and you will see how smart that man is"

I hope so!

He was fantastic and gave me a 8 X 10 signed of him! I refused a military discount (I always do, I dont believe in handouts or freebees for my service) We were invited next week to come in when they do the Jerome Bettis show and got passes for it! I cant wait!

Well, one of my retirement gifts from the Navy for my wife putting up with me for 20 years was to take her to Jerome Bettis Grill in Pittsburgh.

We talked about Rex and Jerome said the Bills now have a attitude and will win with that. He said Rex is no slouch and will get it done in Buffalo.

I asked about how he felt how close the Bills are and he said like everyone else. "QB and O-line will do it. They are Seattle in the makings if done right" He loves Bills D and thinks Hughes should be kept (I agreed with him).

We also talked about Buffalos QB situation and he personally knows Whaley from his days in Pittsburgh. He said Whaley is a class act and VERY smart (he said that 3 times over). He said the reason Whaley is up there is because he can get things done.

He also said No way they would of landed Rex without a plan for a QB to step in. Jerome said "watch the trade wire and you will see how smart that man is"

I hope so!

He was fantastic and gave me a 8 X 10 signed of him! I refused a military discount (I always do, I dont believe in handouts or freebees for my service) We were invited next week to come in when they do the Jerome Bettis show and got passes for it! I cant wait!

Great story! Congrats on the retirement and thanks for your service

Great story - thanks for sharing. I love Jerome's optimism.

Regarding the comparison to the Seahawks, in another thread I wondered in print if Rex will be the Pete Carroll of the East. Those two may have the most brilliant defensive minds in the NFL. And both are great motivators loved by their players. Both like to complement their good defenses with an offense that can pound the rock.

Rex never had much talent in New York. But now he has a defensive squad that compares with Seattle's in play-making ability.

It's good to know Jerome likes Whaley because we still need to field more talent. I hope Whaley turns out to be more Bill Polian than John Idzik.

Congrats on your retirement.

Good stuff and enjoy your well earned retirement.

Great story - thanks for sharing. I love Jerome's optimism.

Regarding the comparison to the Seahawks, in another thread I wondered in print if Rex will be the Pete Carroll of the East. Those two may have the most brilliant defensive minds in the NFL. And both are great motivators loved by their players. Both like to complement their good defenses with an offense that can pound the rock.

Rex never had much talent in New York. But now he has a defensive squad that compares with Seattle's in play-making ability.

It's good to know Jerome likes Whaley because we still need to field more talent. I hope Whaley turns out to be more Bill Polian than John Idzik.

Congrats on your retirement.

This makes a ton of sense. Buffalo should have an identity like Pittsburgh. Defense and running game. We beat you up.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

I hope so!

That's awesome and can't wait for our new QB (Whaley better get smart quick on his QB evaluation)

Also love hear about great steaks

I hope so!

I'll put that in the top 3 of any post I've ever read in this forum. Thank you very much for sharing this. Just a neat story, and congrats on your retirement ....and I know you probably dont want to hear it but...many thanks for your service to the country.

Same for me. But the ladies always find a way to tuck a little something under the pillow.

Great experience and you must be The Man if The Bus went out of his way to treat you like royalty!

I've been retired from the Coast Guard (yeah yeah, puddle pirates) for just over 5 years now, brother. Enjoy it. Take some time off if you can before you jump into a second career. Take a breather, you've earned it.

That's a great story, and if I get to Pittsburgh I will check the place out as I have strong carnivorous tendencies.

If anyone is ever in Springfield, VA, check out the Drunken Ribeye at Mike's American Grill on Backlick Road. The best tasting steak I've ever had, and I've never topped it anywhere in the USA (believe me - I've tried!). I miss that place (stuck in Cleveland now).

PM me if you want some information on getting the most out of your VA benefits that you have EARNED.

Jeff Kuhn

CWO3, USCG, ret.

I've been retired from the Coast Guard (yeah yeah, puddle pirates) for just over 5 years now, brother. Enjoy it. Take some time off if you can before you jump into a second career. Take a breather, you've earned it.

That's a great story, and if I get to Pittsburgh I will check the place out as I have strong carnivorous tendencies.

If anyone is ever in Springfield, VA, check out the Drunken Ribeye at Mike's American Grill on Backlick Road. The best tasting steak I've ever had, and I've never topped it anywhere in the USA (believe me - I've tried!). I miss that place (stuck in Cleveland now).

PM me if you want some information on getting the most out of your VA benefits that you have EARNED.

Jeff Kuhn

CWO3, USCG, ret.

Worked with coast guard when I was stationed down in Cape Code for 5 years....good group

I bet he saw a dude in Titans gear later on and told them the same thing, and I bet just like you, the restaurant got a nice tip out of the dude B-) . Great story, really nice to hear things like this

I hope so!

I hope so!

That's one hell of a story and it sounds like Bettis is a hell of a guy. Thanks for sharing fellow vet